AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:10:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I own some PMAGs, they are good too, but I don't see anything super special that makes them worth twice the money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember, we got the mag ban and I went nuts online before it went into effect. 10 here, 20 there.
Damn, I already had about 30 mags before I started.  Still today seeing  30 rd GIs pop up for 6-10 bucks, even in CO.

I own some PMAGs, they are good too, but I don't see anything super special that makes them worth twice the money.

I agree, but in the "panic" buying a couple years ago, Pmags, were selling for a lot more than the GI's, for whatever reason, so if you did want to let any go,
during a future panic, they seem to get you more return on your dollars, percentage-wise, and dollar-wise.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sorry, 5 bucks a piece for mags that need new followers and paint is way over priced IMO

I paid $7.00 for new G2 Pmags and 12/$100.00 for Pmag G3 so would not pay more than $2ea for GI mags but hey, we all see things different
View Quote

Really? I've not had any problems with the "inferior" green followers, and as for paint, why? I don't care how they look as long as they work.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I buy pre-ban ones when I find them at a good price so I can use them in MA. Otherwise I keep my PMAG G3 in VT.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I buy pre-ban ones when I find them at a good price so I can use them in MA. Otherwise I keep my PMAG G3 in VT.
View Quote

Whats a good price? I have one I need to offload to someone who can use it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 1:33:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm a fan of the old aluminum 20 rounders.  Don't see them very often or cheap though.  
View Quote
I picked up 20 of them for $90 a few months ago.

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You guys are killing me.   I have more mags than I can ever use....And now I'm looking for more.
View Quote

This.  We need a support group thread.............My name is cornhskr and I'm a Mag-aholic..............
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had two used GI mags (Brownells, Colt) Magpul followers have failure to feeds. Once in a BCM upper with matching bolt and once in an 8.5" PSA.  YMMV. That is the only two failure to feeds in almost 10k rounds though. For serious use I stick with new NHMTG or Pmags.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've had two used GI mags (Brownells, Colt) Magpul followers have failure to feeds. Once in a BCM upper with matching bolt and once in an 8.5" PSA.  YMMV. That is the only two failure to feeds in almost 10k rounds though. For serious use I stick with new NHMTG or Pmags.
View Quote

Colt and NHMTG are the exact same mag, different floor plate.

I've been running Centers with the tan followers almost exclusively since '11 and have had exactly 0 issues with any of 'em.  I just rotated in a batch of Brownells tan follower mags the six I'm using already have about 1K rounds on 'em with 0 issues as well.  

I've had issues with Pmags, I can remember ONE FTF with a green follower g.i.mag when I hit the bolt release on 30 rounds.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm a fan of the old aluminum 20 rounders.  Don't see them very often or cheap though.  
View Quote

44mag.com has new ones, so does tombstone tactical.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Care to share where this is at?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry, 5 bucks a piece for mags that need new followers and paint is way over priced IMO

I paid $7.00 for new G2 Pmags and 12/$100.00 for Pmag G3 so would not pay more than $2ea for GI mags but hey, we all see things different

Might only be in his memories.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just bought ten Okay Ind. mags with green followers for $40.

Cheap USGI mags are everywhere right now. Short of a complete ban, they might as well be a nest egg for the next panic.
View Quote

Nice. I just got 30 Colts on armslist for $100. Salad days. Enjoy!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think i got a 10 pack  of PMAGS from DSGarms for 80 bucks...may of been 90 but it may of been 80. I can't remember but they had the best deals.

I've been stocking up on GI mags at 7.99 a pop.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#14]
That is true but I was just differentiating because the one I had issue with has a Colt body and floorplate and is 15 years older than my preferred NHMTG marked new with MP followers. Had good luck with D&H, Okay, Tangodown MK2 and Lancers too. Not really all that impressed with the Troys, though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:38:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I agree, but in the "panic" buying a couple years ago, Pmags, were selling for a lot more than the GI's, for whatever reason, so if you did want to let any go,
during a future panic, they seem to get you more return on your dollars, percentage-wise, and dollar-wise.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember, we got the mag ban and I went nuts online before it went into effect. 10 here, 20 there.
Damn, I already had about 30 mags before I started.  Still today seeing  30 rd GIs pop up for 6-10 bucks, even in CO.

Yep, I'm buying Pmags at $9.99 every chance I can. Last panick I was making $30-$40 per magazine.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Last panic, I traded 14 Pmags that I paid $10 each, to get a NIB S&W M&P 15-22. The guy was tickled to death to get the mags.

The wife asked me as we drove away, "Didnt you give $10 each for those mags and that is a $375 rifle?"
Told her yes. She said gun owners are idiots. I agreed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
still can.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was nice when brand new DH black teflon mags could be bought for 7 bucks a piece.
still can.

Just did
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Just ordered 15 D&H mags for $7 a piece.

I have never had issues with either pmags or USGI mags. My general rule is I order at least 10 when I find them for under $8 a piece.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:55:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the tip.  I was hoping for a deal like the one below .

Are the "ASC" mags any good?

Quoted:

Quoted:

I picked up 20 of them for $90 a few months ago.  

I'd love to stumble into that deal.  If you ever see it again, please help a brother out w/ a PM!

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:37:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just ordered 15 D&H mags for $7 a piece.

I have never had issues with either pmags or USGI mags. My general rule is I order at least 10 when I find them for under $8 a piece.
View Quote

Out of stock at Palmetto. I ordered 10 a few months back at 6.99.

I just got 10 from BCM at 9 bucks each. At my door in a 2 days.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#21]
In many respects I think the GI mags are better than all others. They fit and fall free from all but the most out of spec mag well.

I recently bought a box full of used ones for 3 bucks a pop.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:35:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Where is the best place to get cheap Pmags right now? and which gen is the best to stock up on ?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In many respects I think the GI mags are better than all others. They fit and fall free from all but the most out of spec mag well...
View Quote

+1, although I do like the round-visibility such as Pmag, Hera, or Ultimag offer. If Okay/NHMTG offered a version with a viewing window, I'd probably be totally monogamous to the brand. But until then, I'll keep some Pmags & Lancers as well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Where is the best place to get cheap Pmags right now? and which gen is the best to stock up on ?
View Quote

Read the threads newbie
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've ordered from both places, good vendors.
I picked up some Brownells GI straight 20s with the tilt followers not too long ago on sale for $10 each, best option for a 20 round mag when you shoot 5.45x39 and they run great in my 5.56 BCM as well. They seem to regularly go on sale for that or close to it, your choice of stainless steel or silicon springs.
Also, they're not straight GIs but a few weeks ago I got some stainless steel curved 20 round Mako E-Landers for $10 ea from Magsandammo.com.
Always have more mags than you think you need.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Not very cost effective, IME. I pay 5 per, and then have to put in followers and, maybe, springs.  I'm up to 7 at that point.  You can buy d&h late cheap.

I do buy some, every once in a while, for fun, though.  .
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Can someone send me a link to where you're getting USGI mags for $4 or whatever people are claiming on here?

Cheapest I found are the D&H linked earlier and then the BCM ones for a buck more.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Used private sales, broseph
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#29]
after the 2nd week of the last panic, it was hard to move the USGI mags, everyone wanted PMAGs for $40 apiece...   figure it was all the newbs who did 10 minutes of internet research and learned PMAGs were as mighty as Thor's hammer...

I don't bother buying any more USGIs unless I can get a screaming deal on a colt or the newer ones with the secret squirrel tan follower.   If I saw them for $3 I couldn't resist, but most of the time its more like $10, even for a used one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top