Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2015 10:28:46 PM EDT
Got my Lancer AWM's in last week. Tried 3 of them out yesterday. Couple hundred rounds, no problems. Love the look and feel. By all accounts these are the state of the art in AR mags.  
One thing, the springs seem anemic compared to GI and PMags I have. Is this normal? Any reason Wolff or GI springs wouldn't work to replace them?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for using our mags and the compliments We do appreciate it .
The proprietary springs we use are the product of extensive design and testing. The result was a spring design that produces smooth, reliable feeding; even at a the high cyclic rates experienced with full-auto fire.
Thanks again.
Dan
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Got my Lancer AWM's in last week. Tried 3 of them out yesterday. Couple hundred rounds, no problems. Love the look and feel. By all accounts these are the state of the art in AR mags.  
One thing, the springs seem anemic compared to GI and PMags I have. Is this normal? Any reason Wolff or GI springs wouldn't work to replace them?
View Quote

Hi,

If the curvature, feed angle, follower design, friction from ammo are right you'd be surprised at little spring strength is needed for a reliable magazine.  Stronger springs are often a cure for minor problems and just sheer brute strength sometimes is needed for others.  If its working don't fix it.

Regards:
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:25:00 AM EDT
[#3]
It also helps if you spray some Eezox on the inside of the magazine, spring, and follower. Let em dry overnight, and they'll be smooth and noiseless. ESPECIALLY useful with the translucent mags. Since the Eezox dries to the touch and repels dust, there's no worry about debris building up in the mag. Best thing is that you can simply wipe out the mags with a cloth when they do get dirty from use.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:10:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Is anyone having issues with lancers not fully seating in ar's with bcm uppers?  All i have are bcm uppers and mega billet lowers and they do not seat at all on a closed bolt.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I love them. They are my go to mag now.  I use PRI steel with the waffle pattern for the 6.8 I have , and the Lancers for the 5.56 and .223 Wylde guns. Nothing but praise for them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is anyone having issues with lancers not fully seating in ar's with bcm uppers?  All i have are bcm uppers and mega billet lowers and they do not seat at all on a closed bolt.
View Quote

The 30 round L5 AWM's were designed to meet Mil-Spec which calls out for 30 rounds without the ability to load 31. With varying tolerances of upper/ lower combos, this can lead to was you experienced.
This issue can be easily remedied by sanding down the follower stop, gradually, until it will insert on a closed bolt. Please be aware of your local and state laws and regulations before proceeding.
Hope this helps.
Dan
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Lancer Dan , I sold my awm 5's with my last ar and now am contemplating stocking up with my current build. Should I buy with confidence or will a new product line be coming out soon? I'm a fan but don't want to pay $20 each if a new model is coming out soon.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Hi Krashdog.
There are no plans, at this time, to change the L5AWM's or come out with a different 5.56 mag.
You can buy with confidence.
Thank you for your support!
Dan
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hi Krashdog.
There are no plans, at this time, to change the L5AWM's or come out with a different 5.56 mag.
Dan
View Quote

Thanks for the response, keep up the good work
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lancer Dan , I sold my awm 5's with my last ar and now am contemplating stocking up with my current build. Should I buy with confidence or will a new product line be coming out soon? I'm a fan but don't want to pay $20 each if a new model is coming out soon.
View Quote

Shop around, can find them for $10-$11.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Got 6 Lancers from DSG Arms for $9.50 each shipped on sale.

The 3 I've tested, loaded with 30 they lock in easily on my Bushmaster ORC. Easier than most USGI mags. Checked it out because I've seen some on here saying they were pretty tight fully loaded. I normally keep my spare Okays loaded with 29, not to save the springs but because I want them to lock in easy when reloading.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a couple, it seems to be state of the art. Where can I get the best deal on translucent smokes?
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a couple, it seems to be state of the art. Where can I get the best deal on translucent smokes?
View Quote

TradingplacePawn. I got the last 20. They should have more stock soon. If you buy over $150 worth, there is free shipping. Also use
Code 10off for $10 off. My net shipped price was $15.89 per mag. I can't find them anywhere for that cheap. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Ordered 2 trans smoke 30's in 5.56 direct from Lancer, waiting on the shipping still. Couldn't find any deals on the trans smoke in 30 anywhere that weren't marked strictly for Sig Sauer. If anyone has a recommendation, please do tell, lol.

*edit* forgot to mention I did try tradingplacepawn but as of a few days ago, they are still sold out, Signed up for the restock email notice though ^___^
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#15]
DSG Arms has a package of 5 black and 5 smoke for $125 and free shipping.  Every site I could find with individual smoke mags is either $17+ or out of stock.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
DSG Arms has a package of 5 black and 5 smoke for $125 and free shipping.  Every site I could find with individual smoke mags is either $17+ or out of stock.
View Quote

Oh man I was just on DSG a few hours ago and only saw the black. I am gonna go check again, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I've always liked 20rd mags in my AR. Sure, I have some 30's, but overall, my workhorse, everyday mags are a few GI20's.
Saw a sale on the Lancer black 20's a while ago, and bought two.
I finally got to use them last week at the range, and they are fantastic. They easily fit into my home build with the bolt forward, load easily, and and functioned perfectly.
Getting the itch for a few smokes, now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hi Krashdog.
Dan
View Quote

Not sure what could be changed to make me like them anymore.

These are excellent mags. They're my go to, and the ones I find myself reloading most often while still out shooting. Excellent product.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#19]
i want to like Lancer mags. Can anyone tell me why rounds pop out one by one if I bump the bottom of a full Lancer mag on a table? This has occurred in every Lancer that I have tried. It is a sign of a failed mag where I work! Has anyone else noticed this?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Get some clear 20's

Lancer dan: are lancers gtg with nato augs? Thats next on my list.
thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
i want to like Lancer mags. Can anyone tell me why rounds pop out one by one if I bump the bottom of a full Lancer mag on a table? This has occurred in every Lancer that I have tried. It is a sign of a failed mag where I work! Has anyone else noticed this?
View Quote

Hi TeddyBoy,
I saw your question and it prompted me to go and grab a random L5AWM and a competitor mag and loaded them to capacity.
I was banging them on the desk and work bench back in our test lab. Then did an unscientific, 3ft drop on the concrete floor and could not replicate what you experienced. However, when I downloaded them by 1 round (29), I did experience a 1 round pop on the L5AWM and a partial pop on the competitor's while bumping them against the desktop. This is due to free space which allows to spring to compress and rebound. This will continue to happen as the mag continues to decrease in capacity.
If what you experienced did happen with a fully loaded magazine, please contact me at [email protected] and we will issue you an RMA so we can take a look at them and if needed, replace them for you.
Best Regards,
Dan
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
thanks
View Quote

Hi Phil,
Your cats look like they are ready for action.
We do not have any first-hand knowledge with the AUG's but our L5AWM's should be compatible with the NATO AUG (Steyr AUG A3/SA USA NATO).
Thank you for using our mags!
Best Regards,
Dan
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Get some clear 20's

thanks
View Quote

Am I running on too little coffee, or does anyone else see an American flag there..?

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Lancer Dan, whats the wait time look like for the clear 30's?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Since Lancer is not an Industry Partner at this time and out of respect for the owners of AR15.com, I will only answer technical questions.
I hope you understand.
Best Regards,
Dan
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Since Lancer is not an Industry Partner at this time and out of respect for the owners of AR15.com, I will only answer technical questions.
I hope you understand.
Best Regards,
Dan
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you understand.
Best Regards,
Dan

I understand, thanks
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top