Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2015 9:00:08 PM EDT
I found a few of these that I forgot and have never used.

I like the texture and they seem to be fine in the short term.  Has anyone put these to hard use or long term storage while loaded?  How do they rate against the p-mags.

Haven't seen them for sale anywhere.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I pass. Floorplate design sucks. Pain in the ass to pull it. Other than that, seemed ok. Better than the MFT stuff ( MFT feedlip spreading after being left loaded for one week).

Edit for clarification.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi,

I really liked these magazines and used one for a carbine class without incident ejecting to the ground, no problems.  No problems keeping these loaded either with spreading feedlips.  They do not really like rough handling though stepping on one accidently will more than likely crack the spline.  My take is that they can take as much abuse as an Aluminum USGI magazine.

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 11:08:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple. One has been used pretty heavily in training and been kept loaded for about three years now. It's still fine and works well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.  As I said, I do like the feel and texture.

I agree on the floorplate design, and I notice mine bowing a little with a full load.  There's a lot of tension there.  I think it's good to remember that all the AR mags are somewhat fragile, unlike the heavier AK mag.

I'll use these and see how they do.  I haven't seen them for sale since I bought the first ones.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been buying 3 packs for 30$ at a local shop.  I bought 9 mags and have had no problems so far.  The oldest I've had for about 6 months.  If I use a bullet like the instructions say, I have no problem with getting the floor plate off.  I like them and they're the cheapest mags I can get locally.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:47:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't like them. They feel cheap and I don't like the floor plate design. That being said, they work and they fit some mag pouches better than Magpulls. My son and I used them as range mags for a while just out of curiosity and had zero issues. I ended up giving all of them to him when I got Magpulls. He continues to use them as range mags as far as I know. I did break off the floor plate locking tab on a few magazines, but Troy generously sent me out replacements. I left all 6 or 7 I had fully loaded for about a year and when we took them to the range all functioned perfectly... I prefer other mags but if all I had were Troys, I would not be too worried...

1DD
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#7]
As others have stated, the floorplate design sucks but once they're switched to whichever baseplate you want they're fine.  Still kind of a pain to take apart for cleaning but it isn't a killer once you have done it a couple times.  

They actually work really well for 300BLK in my experience.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#8]
good to go.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top