Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/12/2015 8:43:36 PM EDT
Found these USGI D&H mags for $6.87. Seems a good price.

http://www.ammunitiondepot.com//ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MDS10005

Is D&H gtg? I have hundreds of PMags, Some HK stainless mags, and a shit bunch of Colt USGI. But one can always use more mags.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#1]
D+H is good to go.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
D+H is good to go.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
GTG
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Well alrighty then. Put in for 20.

$150.40 shipped to TN. $7.52/ea. delivered seems decent.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a few.  Sometimes the edges seem a bit sharper than my Colt / Okays, but they run just fine.  Buy with confidence.

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I have a few.  Sometimes the edges seem a bit sharper than my Colt / Okays, but they run just fine.  Buy with confidence.

View Quote
Thanks. I'm not the safe queen kinda guy and most of my builds show handling marks before they even see the range so perfect is not even a concern. Reliability is though.

I do have a good number of 20rd marked NHMTG that I use for bench shooting and they have always been reliable where I've had problems with the Pmag 20s. But I fear I drank the pmag koolaid much too deeply and most of my old 30 rd USGI mags went away to buy the newfangled plastic fantastic. After the high wore off I find pmags are fine and all but I miss the classic USGI. Time to shop!

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is D&H gtg? I have hundreds of PMags, Some HK stainless mags, and a shit bunch of Colt USGI. But one can always use more mags.
View Quote

They are NOT USGI, they ARE GTG.

They are definately better than the HK mags.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I have some D&H mags, that looked like they were dragged down a cobble stone road when I bought them used for dirt cheap. They work just as well as my other mags.

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#10]
USGI mags? USELESS. Old technology the military is still using only because they are so far behind what is really state of the art for the times.  
Just to do you a favor though, I'll give you 5 bucks for every one you have. Send them to me and spend that money on PMAGS and Lancers. You'll be glad you did!
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 12:47:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
USGI mags? USELESS. Old technology the military is still using only because they are so far behind what is really state of the art for the times.  
Just to do you a favor though, I'll give you 5 bucks for every one you have. Send them to me and spend that money on PMAGS and Lancers. You'll be glad you did!
View Quote

Wow.

USGI mags are USELESS?

Who knew?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wow.

USGI mags are USELESS?

Who knew?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

USGI mags are USELESS?

Who knew?

Based on the "send them to me" and "I'll give you 5 bucks" in YERDADDY's post, I suspect that was sarcasm.

At least, I certainly hope it was...
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Based on the "send them to me" and "I'll give you 5 bucks" in YERDADDY's post, I suspect that was sarcasm.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

USGI mags are USELESS?

Who knew?

There goes that damn sarcasm meter of mine not working again.

And I just calibrated it, too!

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

USGI mags are USELESS?

Who knew?

check the battery.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#15]
May order 10 tonight if they are still in stock.

Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#16]
they have 314 left.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Do these have anti tilt followers?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
says green followers.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#19]
These mags are GTG even though they aren't USGI (although they do supply to other nations as I have read). I own quite a few of them and every one has operated flawlessly for me in all of my rifles.

Buy with confidence.....
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
says green followers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
says green followers.

Get with Magpul anti-tilt here.  Otherwise, same body and spring I suspect.  $168.30 shipped for 20.  Either GTG IMO.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:38:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Palmetto says D&H used to be Labelle.

Wasn't Labelle at one time a USGI contract mag?

Either way both are good prices. I've never had issues using the green USGI follower but for less than a buck more I'd opt for the Magpul follower.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:59:38 AM EDT
[#22]
This Might Help to answer your magazine questions.

And as always, thank you Bigger Hammer.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:18:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Either way both are good prices. I've never had issues using the green USGI follower but for less than a buck more I'd opt for the Magpul follower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

taken from the D&H website
"The origins of D&H Industries trace back to LaBelle (started in 1937 in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin) and General Stamping (started in 1975 in New Berlin, Wisconsin). LaBelle was one of the early magazine producers of M-16 magazines for the US Military and law enforcement agencies."
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:21:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I was going to order 10 but shipping was almost $20.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

"The origins of D&H Industries trace back to LaBelle (started in 1937 in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin) and General Stamping (started in 1975 in New Berlin, Wisconsin). LaBelle was one of the early magazine producers of M-16 magazines for the US Military and law enforcement agencies."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. I looked it up this morning.
I remember using some Labelle marked 30 rounders either on active duty or in the reserves. But that was 20 plus years ago...
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  That business practice is a big turnoff for me: hook you with the low (advertised) item price, then negate that savings via profit-inflated shipping.  The PSA deal is under $1 per mag SHIPPED to get Magpul anti-tilt in the same D&H mag body.  And, of course the more you buy the more you spread out shipping cost reducing per-item shipped cost.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Yep.  That business practice is a big turnoff for me: hook you with the low (advertised) item price, then negate that savings via profit-inflated shipping.  The PSA deal is under $1 per mag SHIPPED to get Magpul anti-tilt in the same D&H mag body.  And, of course the more you buy the more you spread out shipping cost reducing per-item shipped cost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WOW! I got $13 in shipping to TN for 20 mags. That's .65 a mag shipping. Not great but...

I had some Labelle mags a while ago, good mags. Sold most of them to ban states and bought plastic. Might still have a few. Have some Sanchez, Center Industries and OKAY marked mags too. The Center and OKAY are marked 02 & 03 with the military and law enforcement makings. The Sanchez are clean I believe these are still preban era. Anyone know about the Sanchez mags? I almost recall some bad rumblings about them from times past.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#28]
IIRC, Sanchez had their contract jerked because of QA/QC issues, primarily bad welds.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 11:56:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
IIRC, Sanchez had their contract jerked because of QA/QC issues, primarily bad welds.
View Quote

I think that was Cooper.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 2:20:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Anyone know about the Sanchez mags? I almost recall some bad rumblings about them from times past.

View Quote

Sanchez had problems with the black followers tilting in the mags and jamming up. IIRC that's was whole reason for the switch to the green follower.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 4:24:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 6:28:18 AM EDT
[#32]
I've gotten a few batches of D&H that had sharp feed lips, notably the front corners. Took a little work with a file to get them to run right.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It was, and they were recalled     for destruction.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that was Cooper.

It was, and they were recalled     for destruction.

I have ONE Cooper and it runs fine.

However, if I compare it to my various other magazines it shows really light welds.

It is only used as a range mag and for comparison to other mags when I teach AR courses.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top