Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2015 7:38:38 PM EDT
So I bought the ruger ar 556 and love it.  My question is this,  I had a friend give me four promag aluminium mags.  One is a 20rd col a4.  It will fit in the mag well, but with the bolt closed it is very difficult to pull back, almost like it is jammed up on the shells.  He also gave me 3 30 rd promags.  These mags will not lock into the mag release and will not feed.  They are col- a1.  My ar is the m4 style.  Has anyone else had any issues like this.  Aren't all ar mags suppose to interchange?.  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Any AR mags will work in the gun.
Pro mags are hit or miss and most times are miss, buy good mags.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Your problem is more than likely with those junk magazines.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any AR mags will work in the gun.
Pro mags are hit or miss and most times are miss, buy good mags.

View Quote

This lancer, nhtmg/okay, Brownells, magpul, ETS group, are gtg
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:31:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  I got the 20rd mag to work.  As for the 30s to some reason it is not depressing the mag spring to allow the mag to seat.  I'll be giving those back
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 2:31:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Well after doing a little more testing the only way I could get the 20rd mag to work s by only putting 18 rounds in it.  This allowed it to seat without much effort and the bolt slide back freely.  I'm going to give it back as well.  Could this be an issue with the mag spring or am over thinking things.  Either way the mags are gone.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Do your self a favor and scrap those Promags. Like others have said they are junk. They are not worth keeping.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#7]
It would be an interesting test to see who manufactured the WORST magazine ever.

Promag would definitely be one of if not the worst.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 7:21:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It would be an interesting test to see who manufactured the WORST magazine ever.

Promag would definitely be one of if not the worst.
View Quote

Tied with Thermolds and surefire

That would make a great thread, take a bunch of "bad" magazines and see which one is the worst
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top