Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/18/2015 4:38:52 PM EDT
I've seen some of the older, all polymer, pre AWM 30 round translucent smoke mags for $10 each new in package.  I have no experience with Lancer mags and have mainly used USGI aluminum mags and Magpuls.  Are these mags any good?  What's your experience with them?  Worth $10 each?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes there worth it
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#2]
All I remember is those mags generally caused problems and were not recommended a few years ago.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've seen some of the older, all polymer, pre AWM 30 round translucent smoke mags for $10 each new in package.  I have no experience with Lancer mags and have mainly used USGI aluminum mags and Magpuls.  Are these mags any good?  What's your experience with them?  Worth $10 each?
View Quote

I would rather have some magpul m2's

L5awm's on the other hand
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
They are good to go, but I like the amw5 more.  I use them and pmags exclusively.  I like them both about equally and pick up pmags usually due to the  being cheaper.   When I picked up some lancers I got a good deal on them, and would but more if they were equal in price to pmags.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#5]
As everyone else said. The new design is better. I would snag them at that price though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes there worth it
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
can get the newer version mags at that price every day at Botach...
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:53:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

can get the newer version mags at that price every day at Botach...
View Quote
I've been getting the 6pks for $55 delivered

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:39:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
can get the newer version mags at that price every day at Botach if you are lucky...
View Quote

Fify
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where might I ask are you seeing them at $10? Good price.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:47:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Right here on this forum under the classifieds Magazines section.   Seller is maine-hye.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:15:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I have plenty of Lancer L5s and they are excellent but going forward I would buy the new design unless the older style were much cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Actual original L5s have a big rib around the middle of the mag... makes them a little less stackable and they won't fit into anything with a particularly deep magwell.  The L5 hasn't been around for quite some time.

L5A is probably what you're looking at, which is a flat-sided mag with soft rubber baseplate.  Solid, fantastic mags.

L5AWM is what most people buy these days.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#14]
FWIW I went with the L5AWM translucent smoke mags.  Haven't shot them yet, but they seem well made and I'm diggin' the see-thru look.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Both the older L5s with the green followers and the newer AWMs are excellent magazines. If you're shooting an AR I wouldn't worry about the rib in the middle of the mag body. Purchase either with confidence.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top