Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2015 1:53:28 PM EDT
I have done the search bit without much in the way of results, a place has the Lancers on sale, and they look good, but was wondering if anyone here had experiences with them good or bad.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Very good magazines imo. I particularly like the translucent.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Great mags, love the texture and the smoke color is nice.
Some will say that the follower isn't anti tilt and technically they are right, however I havent been able to make it screw up by pressing on the front or back of the follower or loaded rounds. YMMV but they are GTG in my book.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#3]
As already stated, good magazines.  I only buy the smoke version though.  If I want opaque magazines, I buy the lesser expensive Pmags.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a clear one from lancer almost 3 weeks ago, and was told (after i askef sbout my order) that there was a 3-5 week wait
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered a clear one from lancer almost 3 weeks ago, and was told (after i askef sbout my order) that there was a 3-5 week wait
View Quote

I ordered them from midway. They have a better price than buying fron lancer directly and they ship quickly. Picked up a few on sale about a month ago, $14 a piece.
Im at eight now, can finally fill my mag carrier. The BRD got me, already have another build planned.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 5:07:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I ordered them from midway. They have a better price than buying fron lancer directly and they ship quickly. Picked up a few on sale about a month ago, $14 a piece.
Im at eight now, can finally fill my mag carrier. The BRD got me, already have another build planned.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, thats what i get for not shopping around
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:04:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I get them when I catch them on sale for less than $15 for the smoke.

Feed reliably, and are very durable. My favorite magazine for the AR15 in anything that uses a 5.56 mag body and follower.

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, I saw them recently on sale for $9.50 and the idea of poly body and SS top makes sense.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 6:12:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Site sponsor DSG Arms usually has Lancers in stock, sometimes puts them on sale. A few weeks ago (Memorial Day I think) DSG was selling 10 packs of 30rd Lancers for $89.99.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Site sponsor DSG Arms usually has Lancers in stock, sometimes puts them on sale. A few weeks ago (Memorial Day I think) DSG was selling 10 packs of 30rd Lancers for $89.99.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, will keep an eye on them
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a bunch of them and they are freaking awesome. The only downside is they don't like longer 223 cartridges. Overall though I have never had one malfunction or jam. They are good to go.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Now days they are my favorites.
I buy the 30s in smoke translucent and the 20s in clear.
I'll be transistioning over to them.
Ran a few of the 20s full auto last weekend, no issues.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:10:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Is all I run in my AR's, Pmags sit on the shelf since I've had them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:45:01 AM EDT
[#15]

They are good because steel reinforced feed lips are tougher than non-steel reinforced feed lips of the other brand.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have done the search bit without much in the way of results, a place has the Lancers on sale, and they look good, but was wondering if anyone here had experiences with them good or bad.
View Quote

They are my favorite mags. I have been buying lots of them for $9.19 shipped.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I probably have over 100 of them, that a good enough vote of confidence?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I have one that I will trade for any 20 round Brownells USGI magazine or 20 rd. pmag g2 (slanted version) if anyone is interested PM me.
It is translucent smoke gray 20 rd works flawlessly, but translucent colors arent me.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Botach (yeah, I know) has two 30 round Lancer AWM's plus a mag coupler for $22 shipped.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Botach (yeah, I know) has two 30 round Lancer AWM's plus a mag coupler for $22 shipped.
View Quote

They also have 5 packs for $45 shipped!
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. That's where I get mine all the time.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#22]
10 pack of (Opaque Black) 30 rounders on sale at DSG now for $109.95 or individually for $11.99.  Must log in to see the price

DSG 10 pack
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
As already stated, good magazines.  I only buy the smoke version though.  If I want opaque magazines, I buy the lesser expensive Pmags.
View Quote

This.  I bought 4 when I found various sales, just to try them out.  Zero issues, just like pmags.  Unless I find a sale I won't be buying many more as they work as well as pmags.  Being able to see rounds is cool when you have a stash of them you are grabbing, or on a glance telling load duty ammo (ours is silver cased) versus practice.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang that's a deal, where was that?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Unless PMAGs are sub-$8 shipped, Lancers are my go to for using and for stocking.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:29:29 AM EDT
[#26]
I have Pmags, Lancer AWM's, and ETS. I love them all and have zero issues with any of them. That being said, there is something comforting about the steel in the AWM's and I trust them the most. IMHO, YES, they are worth it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#27]
After a lot of research, the awm has become the official mag of my 300 blk SBR project. I WAS going to go with smoke, but I found empties to be horrrrible with respect to noise discipline. The opaque ones seem to be a bit softer and MUCH less noisey. With a magpul mag assist attached, they are significantly quieter, in my unscientific drop testing, than other mags.

I may get some iwt magboots to try next...
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#28]
+1 for Lancers.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Any place sell the 20's as a 5 or 10 pack for a decent price

Txl
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#30]
never used the 30s but I own 5 or so of thier 20s they are great
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top