LINK
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had a couple of rounds with Larry...

Then there were the claims by Larry that he had a legitimate reason to ripoff Magpul's follower design

I never heard Larry speak up on that. Only Chad.  Not even knowing what was going on at the time was cringe-worthy.

Magpul -
The last follower is an unlicensed Cproducts copy of the Magpul Gen 1 follower. It is not a Magpul follower.

We did supply CProducts with Gen 2 followers at a highly discounted rate for use in their OEM magazines but mid last year CProducts started substituting these unmarked followers in the same Magpul colors and continued advertising them as Magpul followers.

We have contacted our attorneys and they are taking action as we speak.

Larry, C Products -
Drake,
I have said nothing in any forum of why C Products was forced to move forward with its own follower. Maybe you want to explain why?

Larry
C Products

LINK

Hi,

Speaking from the perspective of time and actions taken by Magpul to justly preserve their patents, I noticed CPD Inc. Is still using the same C Products LLC anti-tilt follower design.   Magpul sued several companies in recent years including ETS  (which had to change their follower design )

Magpul Sues 4 Companies
Magpul Sues ETS

My research did not show a suit against either C-Products LLC or CPD Inc.  It seems to me that there must of been a good reason why these companies weren't sued and five others were for patent infringement.

Regards:
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a bunch of c products magazines . I never paid to much attention to them until I started to read this thred . I have 2 with the fake magpul fowlers . Surprised that I never noticed them or used them . They don't work very well last round just pops out from the feed. Lips as the bolt goes to the rear.i guess I got screwed. They other mags I have from them feel heavyer , have good welds and the finsish is nicer and they have real magpul followers . I guess I'll just crush them or shoot them .
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 1:17:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Aimless is right. The Avilas give people second chances.  

So the question is . . . . Does ARFCom forgive but not forget?
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like I said first first there needs to be an atonement And a  making right of the situation before there can be a new beginning.

before these guys are  let back on the forum two things need to happen.

1. all money that Larry received but did not deliver product needs to be refunded.

2. before they are allowed back on to the forum all folks out there like myself with defective products need to be made righteither offer a refund or newly manufactured product that is within spec and works.

unless these two things happen in no way should they be allowed back on the forum imho
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

We're not talking about folks who made an honest mistake or two before righting their ship.  These are chronic jokers, here.  Boo on CProducts.  Boo on any venture involving Larry, Chad or the other druggy son.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a few C mags along the way.

No issues so far, but in all honesty, I haven't run them very hard yet.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought bunches of the C-Products mags back in 2009 when quality was high and they were the favored AR mag supplier on ARFCOM.  I never experienced the bad time with them because I already had a good stash of their early production mags.  I only found out how bad things got when I tried to sell some of them here last year.  I had to sell low.  Too bad there is no way to differentiate their older high quality mags from their problem ones.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 1:22:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I bought bunches of the C-Products mags back in 2009 when quality was high and they were the favored AR mag supplier on ARFCOM.  I never experienced the bad time with them because I already had a good stash of their early production mags.  I only found out how bad things got when I tried to sell some of them here last year.  I had to sell low.  Too bad there is no way to differentiate their older high quality mags from their problem ones.
View Quote

Same experience.

I have 4 of their 1911 mags. 3/4 dont lock back on the last round. Kinda annoying. But are only used for range mags. OEM and Wilson Combat are the reliable ones I keep with the gun.

I have about 14 of their 30 rounders and maybe 15 20 rounders. Never really run them hard, dropped from height, beat up the mags.
The teflon coating seams to have been the great versions when their quality was perfect.

However, the name is just too much bad press.

But then again, ppl still buy GM and Mopar with their history of fukery and quality.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I have several of the CPD Gen3 7.62x39 AR mags, they seem to be very well built/finished with good strong springs and function fine in two different rifles.  All the rest of my 7.62x39 AR and all of my 5.45x39 AR mags are ASCs, all function fine but I like the CPDs enough to try some more in 5.45x39 and 5.56 stainless steel.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I would try their product if they make a mag I want and no one else makes it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#12]
So, i still see no reason to buy a CPD mag

<comment removed, plug for banned vendors removed........dpmmn>  
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hi,

Speaking from the perspective of time and actions taken by Magpul to justly preserve their patents, I noticed CPD Inc. Is still using the same C Products LLC anti-tilt follower design.   Magpul sued several companies in recent years including ETS  (which had to change their follower design )

Magpul Sues 4 Companies
Magpul Sues ETS

My research did not show a suit against either C-Products LLC or CPD Inc.  It seems to me that there must of been a good reason why these companies weren't sued and five others were for patent infringement.

Regards:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had a couple of rounds with Larry...

Then there were the claims by Larry that he had a legitimate reason to ripoff Magpul's follower design

I never heard Larry speak up on that. Only Chad.  Not even knowing what was going on at the time was cringe-worthy.

Magpul -
The last follower is an unlicensed Cproducts copy of the Magpul Gen 1 follower. It is not a Magpul follower.

We did supply CProducts with Gen 2 followers at a highly discounted rate for use in their OEM magazines but mid last year CProducts started substituting these unmarked followers in the same Magpul colors and continued advertising them as Magpul followers.

We have contacted our attorneys and they are taking action as we speak.

Larry, C Products -
Drake,
I have said nothing in any forum of why C Products was forced to move forward with its own follower. Maybe you want to explain why?

Larry
C Products

LINK

Hi,

Magpul Sues 4 Companies
Magpul Sues ETS

Regards:

C-Products probably folded before Magpul got around to suing them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I wouldn't say the last of the old c-products mags were that bad. My dad's 32 round 9mm mags hold a good 15 rounds, and mine are good for mag change practice, use as a lower vice block when filled with epoxy, are good for practicing how to clear double feeds, and are good test subjects for my failed spray painting experiments.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top