Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/16/2015 11:20:12 PM EDT
I am working on loads with the new 77 gr TMK but am having issues with seating depth. I would like to not have to seat the bullet as deep in order to fit in the mag. Does anyone know which mag offers the longest COAL? I here ASC mags can fit considerably longer rounds, but they don't run well in my lower.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I would think that USGI mags can handle the longest COAL out of all the available options.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#2]
USGI 30 rounders are a little too tall for shooting prone for me. I ended up ordering some PRI gen 3 mags that are advertised to take rounds up to 2.310". The older gen 1 mags apparently allowed for 2.320" so I will be on the lookout for those.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I run the ASC mags...
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Hi,

CPD Inc. stainless steel 5.56 30 round magazines run 2.31"

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would think that USGI mags can handle the longest COAL out of all the available options.
View Quote

I have just the opposite experience.  USGI mags have the shortest allowance for COAL.  At least, the D&H mags I have.

I find the straight bodied 20 round Pmags to be VERY generous.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:51:44 AM EDT
[#6]
So I tried a PRI mag, and it won't fit in my lower. Looks like it is too wide at the front.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 1:02:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Cut or mill a slot in the front of a GI mag to extend cartridge overall length.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#8]
ASC mags are too short. A round loaded to 2.310 doesn't come close. It appears the max is around 2.270. Disappointing because I happen to have a ASC 6.5 grendel mag and a round loaded to 2.310 goes in just fine.

I did modify the PRI mag so it goes into the lower, but it's not ideal. I can still try an elander and HK maritime mag.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cut or mill a slot in the front of a GI mag to extend cartridge overall length.
View Quote

I may give that a try. This rifle will be used in DMR matches so I want to minimize the effect on reliability as much as possible.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top