Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2015 9:13:14 PM EDT
Shot a colt sp1 the other day. Took a dozen 30rders. Out with 2 being 30 round p magss. Fired a usgi. Mag dropped it inserted p mag and tapped the bottom of mag dropped the bolt release and had 3 to 4 rds go everywhere.after clearing the gun and reloading the p mag it happened again.this did not happen with the usgi. Mags did they have problems with the early p mags thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the spine for a split.  Check for cracked feedlips.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:06:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Brand new mags no cracks etc.steel mags old one feed great slammed p mag home and 2 to 3 rounds would free up and by the time I hit bolt release it was all jams up.this was fast shooting and reloading.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
After further review I found that the new magpul 30 rounder had a cracked feed lip.ill stay to my old school usgi. Mags thanks done with the tuperware.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Ill take your Pmags if you don't want them.

Ive seen far more usgi mags fail than pmags.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ill take your Pmags if you don't want them.

Ive seen far more usgi mags fail than pmags.
View Quote

Second this On both accounts, ill give the tupperware a loving home lol
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:12:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
After further review I found that the new magpul 30 rounder had a cracked feed lip.ill stay to my old school usgi. Mags thanks done with the tuperware.
View Quote

Polymer mags are supposed to continue to function when cracked.  Thats one of the advantages,..........

Lancers with steel reinforced feedlips don't crack, that's the advantage........
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Polymer mags are supposed to continue to function when cracked.  Thats one of the advantages,..........

Lancers with steel reinforced feedlips don't crack, that's the advantage........
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but how will fare if you run over it with a truck?

You do run over your mags with a truck...  Don't you??
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#12]
see last post dpmmn
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top