Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2015 5:53:39 PM EDT
I am wondering who likes which more. I am sure all 3 are probably great choices. My favorite so far would be a D&H for the teflon
on the inside & the magpul follower, but I like the straight USGI pattern of the Brownells & the NHMTG mags. D&H wins it for me if
I could get them in grey on the outside with a straight pattern. I would throw Okay into the mix, but they seem hard to find...

Flame away - for I hath donned my fire-proof suit.... & thanks in advance for any opinions :)
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
NHMTG would be my choice.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

this.  Absolutely no question.  D&H is inconsistent.  You might get some that work, but don't fall for the hype.  All the teflon in the world doesn't help if the edges are sharp, and the quality spotty.

There was nothing wrong with regular GI to begin with.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#3]
If this forum has taught me anything, it's that you should get both

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is the way I have almost always leaned, & why I want to stick with straight 20 rd mags. I think
it's mostly because they will look so sexah on my soon-to-be-here Colt AR15A4. I'm gonna go to
sleep curled up with that thing on our first night together.....I hope the wife doesn't get jealous.

Or, if she does, I have an excuse to buy her one ! :)

Thanks for the feedback; I do appreciate it!
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Just from reading of peoples' experiences on here, D&H seems to be pretty inconsistent lately.  The 10 pack of 30 round mags I got back in 2008 were great, but quite a few people have issues with recently manufactured D&H mags.

This is for 30 round mags, so I'm not sure if it carries over to 20 round mags also, but it's something to consider.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I would go with NHMTG, they are manufactured by Okay Industries which is good as it gets.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#7]
What's the best deal on NHMTG 30rd right now?
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What's the best deal on NHMTG 30rd right now?
View Quote

I usually get mine from 44Mag.com.  Magpul anti-tilt's already installed.

https://www.44mag.com/product/nhmtg_magazine_magpul_follower/nhmtg
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:12:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Buffer Technologies has the 30 rounders for $10.95/ea plus shipping.  They had 20s awhile back, but not right now.

http://www.buffertech.com/M16-30-round-magazines-new-P148.aspx
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

fpni

d&h feels cheap
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#11]
NHMTG.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Completely serious.

I love the straight 20s as much as anyone, but they have unsupported feedlips and aren't the best choice to leave loaded for extended amounts of time.

You want a reliable 20 round magazine, there it is.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Completely serious.

I love the straight 20s as much as anyone, but they have unsupported feedlips and aren't the best choice to leave loaded for extended amounts of time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Completely serious.

You may be right.

I've had no issues with my NHMTG mags, but then again I've only had them loaded for a few months.

I also have some of the 20 rd PMAGs, I prefer the "look" of the straight 20s.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:15:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I would not do  the D&H 20s.  I recently got a pair and ya bout need a hammer to load 'em.  Not the quality we've seen from them in the past.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I bought some of the Brownell's straight GI 20s last year for my 5.45x39 build when they were on sale for $10 each. They all work fine, no issues, but later I came across some Mako stainless steel 20s w/tilt followers on sale at CTD for the same price. Both function fine but the ss Makos are the better deal for $10. Not sure what the NHMTGs are fetching but if they come with a magpul follower that's worth a few bucks more in my book.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I bought some of the Brownell's straight GI 20s last year for my 5.45x39 build when they were on sale for $10 each. They all work fine, no issues, but later I came across some Mako stainless steel 20s w/tilt followers on sale at CTD for the same price. Both function fine but the ss Makos are the better deal for $10. Not sure what the NHMTGs are fetching but if they come with a magpul follower that's worth a few bucks more in my book.
View Quote

NHMTG 20s come wih black followers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cannot use a Magpul or other anti-tilt follower in a straight magazine.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#21]
You can use anti tilt followers in a 20 straight.   You can only fit in about 16 rounds thou.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Brownells all the way.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#24]
New D&H/Bushmaster 20 round mags are $6.99 each at CDNN.

The Bushmaster mags I received were D&H black teflon coated with green Magpul followers and Bushmaster floorplates. So far, so good.

Lately, I have seen a lot of negative reviews of the Magpul 20 round mags. The D&H 20 round mags seem to have a better track record.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
New D&H/Bushmaster 20 round mags are $6.99 each at CDNN.

The Bushmaster mags I received were D&H black teflon coated with green Magpul followers and Bushmaster floorplates. So far, so good.

Lately, I have seen a lot of negative reviews of the Magpul 20 round mags. The D&H 20 round mags seem to have a better track record.
View Quote

Lets get some links to what is wrong with the PMAG20s.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

They would be my choice also.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Isn't this thread about straight 20 round aluminum magazines???
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You can use anti tilt followers in a 20 straight.   You can only fit in about 16 rounds thou.
View Quote

Why would anyone want to turn a 20 round magazine into a 16 round magazine?  Yes you can do it but it doesn't mean it is right or smart....
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Completely serious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Completely serious.

What is an unsupported feedlip????   20 rd USGI mags have been left loaded for decades with no ill effects.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

But something cooler came along and everyone wanted what is new and could be talked about on internet hobby forums.  On the base I am on now in the middle of what is left of the Afghanistan war 99% of M4s I see have USGI mags in the magwell........
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

But something cooler came along and everyone wanted what is new and could be talked about on internet hobby forums.  On the base I am on now in the middle of what is left of the Afghanistan war 99% of M4s I see have USGI mags in the magwell........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I don't get the hate for the USGI mags. I have the same amount of problems with green follower mags as I do with Pmags, basically none.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Are the problems you guys reporting with d&h mags exclusive to their 20 rounders?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Are the problems you guys reporting with d&h mags exclusive to their 20 rounders?
View Quote

Who? What problems?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Who? What problems?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Who? What problems?

these guys

Quoted:

this.  Absolutely no question.  D&H is inconsistent.  You might get some that work, but don't fall for the hype.  All the teflon in the world doesn't help if the edges are sharp, and the quality spotty.

Quoted:
Just from reading of peoples' experiences on here, D&H seems to be pretty inconsistent lately.  The 10 pack of 30 round mags I got back in 2008 were great, but quite a few people have issues with recently manufactured D&H mags.

This is for 30 round mags, so I'm not sure if it carries over to 20 round mags also, but it's something to consider.

Quoted:

fpni

d&h feels cheap

Quoted:
I would not do  the D&H 20s.  I recently got a pair and ya bout need a hammer to load 'em.  Not the quality we've seen from them in the past.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Just seems like some vague mumbly whining, I'm not seeing any state a problem.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Just seems like some vague mumbly whining, I'm not seeing any state a problem.
View Quote

guess so
I've used D&H mags for a while and have not had any issue
Besides it is what bcm includes with their rifles
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#37]
All my pmag gen 3 20's work just fine. Not sure what issue others are having. But in a shtf, I'd grab my nhmtg 20's
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top