Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2015 10:37:59 PM EDT
Maybe my Google fu is weak. But not finding reviews of the Elander magazines.  Anyone actually use them?  They seem to be well built. But proof is in shooting. Are they legal to use on foreign platforms?  As in the tavor?  What about their 1911 mags?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a friend who has about ten Elander 5.56 mags he uses in his KAC SR-15.  He has never complained about them.  That's about all I can offer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Current generation are good to go. There were problems in some guns with the earlier version, but everything made in the last year (or maybe two) are fine. IIRC, the old ones worked in three out of four of our AR's. The new version is good in all of them. I don't have a ton of them, maybe 6-8 of the new generation just for grins, but they perform perfectly in the guns I've tried them.

They're heavier, but no way around that since they're steel rather than aluminum. I also personally like the white follower, but that's personal preference.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Look on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH-bVP6MQD0

For the e-landers pay attention to the gen of the mags, Some people have issues with earlier gen mags.  According to some site sponsers your gun may be out of spec and the mags will not work right as a result.  However later gens have been modified to acpect out of spec guns.  At least this is the line given to everyone.  I will only use my gen 1 and 2 e-lander mags as paper weights.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard of issues with them properly seating. There are far superior options out there! Magpul, Lancer, NHMTG, Colt, etc
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Early mags had problems.  I got my order 8 months out and have had no problems.  They are heavy though. Be warned.

While they work fine, there are mags that are just as good at lower prices that weigh less that are pretty common.

Their 40 rounders are insane in price and I would look up other options.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:14:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a few they work fine
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I had issues with a NIW Elander feeding reliably.  Would insert and drop free fine, it was just plain unreliable!

Not sure what gen it is, I bought it around a year or more after they were first introduced.  The only good thing I can say about it is that it is built like a tank and looks like it could take a lot of abuse.  Too bad it can't function reliably.  

With the price of USGI mags in the $7 range NEW on the EE, and Pmags and Lancers available for around $10, there really is no reason to chance your luck on anything else that doesn't offer some sort of substantial advantage.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've heard of issues with them properly seating. There are far superior options out there! Magpul, Lancer, NHMTG, Colt, etc
View Quote

Yes.......The early versions of Elander mags had seating issues in some AR's. The latest version with stamped writing on the mag is gtg.

All the mags you referred to above are excellent. I like Magpul Gen 2's and Lancer L5-AWM mags the best.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I have had good luck with mine.  Even the early ones that are hard to seat.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:49:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I got 8 of the newer version and they run great in both of the AR-15's I've used them in. They are my range mags because of the shiny coating and their weight. Being made of steel makes me feel like they'll handle more abuse being stepped on, dropped on gravel and whatnot. I did get a chance to use them in a friends Tavor and they would not function at all. Some kinda feeding issue, letting the bolt slam home really mangled the round. It bent at the shoulder and the bullet was approximately 45 degrees to the rest of the case. No Bueno.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top