Posted: 1/26/2015 10:18:15 PM EDT
See my video review on Youtube
http://youtu.be/R18uDltSrjc?list=UURVvWx5JBdbCKq7brtedsQA
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]
you cant return to where you bought them from, let them deal with it
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
What is it with ProMag?  Is it part of their company charter to make sure their mags suck?  People can make reliable $7 magazines, and then there is ProMag.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 4 for my g17. No issues so far (> 300 rounds.)
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for posting this.  I was planning to buy a bunch of those tonight but will hang on to my $ after watching your vid.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#5]
ProMag might not be the worst magazine manufacturer out there, but they are definitely in the bottom 3.

They have the distinction of not being able to produce working mags for damn near every platform they build for.

Their mags for FN PS90's are total CRAP!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ProMag might not be the worst magazine manufacturer out there, but they are definitely in the bottom 3.

They have the distinction of not being able to produce working mags for damn near every platform they build for.

Their mags for FN PS90's are total CRAP!
View Quote

I would say National is the WORST!
Another bad one is Eagle. Now I loved Eagle 10/22 mags, but I bought some of the $6 Beretta 92fs mags. TRASH.
I actually had good luck with the old USAs.
I have a couple ProMag AK mags that seem to work. Just bought a polymer SKS mag to test out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:12:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought 2 of their 1911 mags yeas ago. Neither worked reliably, and after one split down the
Back I threw both of them in the trash. I haven't bought a pro mag product since, but supposedly
Their hk93 mags are great.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Everything I have ever bought that was a promag product was junk.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:38:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Another bad one is Eagle. Now I loved Eagle 10/22 mags, but I bought some of the $6 Beretta 92fs mags. TRASH.
I have a couple ProMag AK mags that seem to work. Just bought a polymer SKS mag to test out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ProMag might not be the worst magazine manufacturer out there, but they are definitely in the bottom 3...

Same here; very good luck with old USA brand pistol mags. I've heard repeatedly that 'National' is the new iteration of USA magazines? Anyone know if that's true? Frankly, some old USA's from 1992 or so are in my top-tier of favorites for 1911 magazines, but I've never heard anything but negatives about the National's.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
you cant return to where you bought them from, let them deal with it
View Quote

CDNN doesn't do returns?  I think I've heard of them replacing someone's magazines that didn't work with another trusted brand.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I only own one promag magazine. Its a 6 round ruger lcp one, and its been flawless, so far. ( knock on wood) ive only got maybe 50-100 rounds through that mag though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#12]
PROMAG= Please Remember Our Mags Are Garbage

That being said, my 20 round AR15 mags have been flawless so far and they were only $3 each....
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the comments everyone, it sounds like first hand information, which is good (second-hand, not so much)

CDNN probably would have taken them back (and then they would have sold them to someone else. Maybe you).

I tried to return them to ProMag, they didn't respond.

Instead of throwing them away, I made a slight modification. I put a thin bead of epoxy down the top third of the magazine, on the opposite side of the mag catch well. I then sanded it down until it would slide into my magwell. That seems to work. Now it is the same thickness as all of my other AR mags...
Shouldn't have to do that if it is made properly.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I feel like most of us knew this already.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I am wondering if you turn your magazine catch level one more turn tighter, would that help?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 2:52:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What is it with ProMag?  Is it part of their company charter to make sure their mags suck?  People can make reliable $7 magazines, and then there is ProMag.
View Quote

This sounds cynical, but malfunction clearing drills are a very valid reason to own a few ProMags. I own six (of the metal variety) for just that purpose.

Back in the old days I'd place a dummy round or snap cap into a magazine randomly to practice malfunction clearing, but that only allows you to practice that one type of malfunction. Opting to use a ProMag instead is vastly superior - because you never know what type of malfunction you're going to get ... or when

One thing is certain however - you will have a malfunction

As a training tool they are second to none, and everyone should own a couple of them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 2:55:45 AM EDT
[#17]
agreed, pieces of shit
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Supposedly the Saiga 12 magazines work well.  The rest are really bad.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Wise man say " Never buy Pro Mag " !
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#20]
The HK93 mags work fine for me, but I would never buy their AR mags
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a couple AK Promags, All have been flawless.  Even one loaded in my go bag I trust it so much.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:29:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have a couple AK Promags, All have been flawless.  Even one loaded in my go bag I trust it so much.
View Quote

Isn't it funny how that works? While I have no firsthand experience with their AK mags, I do know a couple of guys whose experience exactly mirrors yours.

It makes me wonder how they can be so good at one and not the other. Is the AR more susceptible to problems because of tolerance stacking ... or is it something else?

I'd love to know that answer
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:35:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Never pro mag
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:45:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top