Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2015 7:32:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Toss em on the EE for a buck a piece, there are plenty of ppl with older mags that havent converted them, dont chuck 'em
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi,

I'm still running into surplus magazines with the black followers.  The green followers are better than black, and make a OK replacement for the black ones for range magazines.

Best Regards:
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:09:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Straight 20s still use the type on the far left.  

I have a bunch of 30s that have the green followers, I didn't know that they were problematic.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:53:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Straight 20s still use the type on the far left.  

I have a bunch of 30s that have the green followers, I didn't know that they were problematic.
View Quote

They are not problematic.  Only with the internet commandos.  Unless you kick in doors for a living they are perfectly fine.  It take thousands of rounds of shooting to see the improvement. I carried magazines with black and green followers in Iraq and lived to talk about it................
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I tossed all of my greens for Magpuls.

I don't kick in doors for a living but I am a professional smart ass.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#7]
From left to right:

Alloy 20 round, black 30 round, green 30 round, Magpul.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought some surplus England mags that the plastic followers crumbled and cracked when you tried to use the mag. I have always saved followers just in case the ones I had put in turned out to be junk as they aged. At my current age I doubt I will out live any new polymer but one can hope
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I still have no problem running green followers.  Some of my go mags here have them (others are the newer brown ones)

CD
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Step 1: acquire A2 pistol grips and green followers
Step 2: ????
Step 3: PROFIT!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Green followers were rarely a problem.

Springs on the other hand...

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a zip lock bag full of them also I just keep them with my empty brass.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought a bag of those at a gun show once not knowing any better.  I don't know why they're called anti tilt followers because they don't do shit to stop them from tilting at all.  They just tilt in a different direction.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I bought a bag of those at a gun show once not knowing any better.  I don't know why they're called anti tilt followers because they don't do shit to stop them from tilting at all.  They just tilt in a different direction.
View Quote

You do realize that is the point to the followers, right? The problem was on M-16s, on full-auto fire, certain magazines (Sanchez, if I recall) would allow the front of the cartidge to tilt down, thereby preventing the cartrdge from feeding correctly. The anti-tilt feature was to prevent this bullet-nose-down from happening.

They weren't concerned with tilting the other way, because that would be nose-up, which would not cause failure-to-feed malfunctions.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
 I don't know why they're called anti tilt followers because they don't do shit to stop them from tilting at all.  
View Quote

Back in the day (early 2000's) when green followers were the rage on this forum EVERYONE (I mean EVERYONE) swore by green followers and you just had to have them.  I realize fads come and go but back then everyone thought they were good.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Actually IMHO, you have already said why you should keep them.... to sell or trade during the next "Ban". Improved is better then the original... just stuff them into the "why do I keep this stuff bucket" and wait.

I'm sure you have some spare "trading" mags put away for the next ban scare... just add them to that can.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top