User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 9:19:45 PM EDT
Great news for those who use Rit dye.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That is pretty awesome.  Looks like Magpul was listening.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#2]
So I guess the plan really is to get rid of the M2's before reintroducing colors
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#3]
im confused
is this something magpul is selling, or someone else selling using magpul's name all over the video
or is this a DIY?

and really do we need another color, are other parts going to be able to be dyed too, or just that one type of mag
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:30:30 AM EDT
[#4]
interesting

curious to see where this goes? will they have OD/Stealth gray/FDE?

seems theres a hell of a market for colored mags cant believe they would abandon it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:32:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Its cool that they listened to those interested in Rit Dye..... I can't believe a company as big as magpul can't make colored mags to match the rest of their products. Since its been proved that Rit dyed stuff sticks out like a sore thumb in NVG's
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I have not heard of this.  Is there a link for the NVG evidence?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree. I've done several google searches for rit dye nvg/night vision and such and can't find any photos. There are several threads where it's talked about, the pics are all gone. The one or two pics on google images aren't really relevant to the rit dye conversation. Any links with pics would be great.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I agree. I've done several google searches for rit dye nvg/night vision and such and can't find any photos. There are several threads where it's talked about, the pics are all gone. The one or two pics on google images aren't really relevant to the rit dye conversation. Any links with pics would be great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also never heard of this.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm still glad I beefed up my inventory of Gen 2 OD & FDE.

Don't know much about RIT dye. How can one go about finding a dye match to Magpul colors OD, FDE, and SG?

Ha, Ha, can you imagine "The RIT Studio" being infiltrated with dyed PMAGs and other tactical gear -> https://www.ritstudio.com/

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#10]
In their shot video they mention the color is a byproduct and the material was chosen for its strength primarily. This is why its just the one color and they are recommending to dye it other colors to the end user. They mention that this material is much stronger in cold conditions. This makes sense when you think about the Army banning P mags because of poor performance in arctic conditions because of the polymer they are using now.

I am wondering how much stronger the new material is? I will be buying a few dozen at least when available. I hope the new drums come out in the sand material.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#11]
It's just as easy to spray paint them x color or x colors in a pattern.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:03:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#13]
So, are ya'll gonna quit making black and every color, and only make these sand Pmags now?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I doubt they'll quit making black.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The Army did not ban PMags. There was a memorandum stating that only approved magazines should be used and the approved list had only the issue USGI magazines on it. The memo was clarified a week later to say that this was just optional.

There was a short unscientific eval on the first gen PMag in 2008 that stated it developed a crack when dropped after being frozen.
-The current M2 PMags are rated down to -30 and the M3 magazines are rated down to -60 degrees.

The new Sand color is as strong, if not a little stronger than Black M3s

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In their shot video they mention the color is a byproduct and the material was chosen for its strength primarily. This is why its just the one color and they are recommending to dye it other colors to the end user. They mention that this material is much stronger in cold conditions. This makes sense when you think about the Army banning P mags because of poor performance in arctic conditions because of the polymer they are using now.

I am wondering how much stronger the new material is? I will be buying a few dozen at least when available. I hope the new drums come out in the sand material.

The Army did not ban PMags. There was a memorandum stating that only approved magazines should be used and the approved list had only the issue USGI magazines on it. The memo was clarified a week later to say that this was just optional.

There was a short unscientific eval on the first gen PMag in 2008 that stated it developed a crack when dropped after being frozen.
-The current M2 PMags are rated down to -30 and the M3 magazines are rated down to -60 degrees.

The new Sand color is as strong, if not a little stronger than Black M3s

My apologies. I was told by some Army guys I used to work with that they had been banned. It always confused me though because Marines often used P mags. I always hated GI mags so it always annoyed me that they would ban the use of superior mags being used in non arctic conditions.

I appreciate the clarification. I look forward to the sand mags.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#16]
I may have missed it, but when can we expect to see the sand colored Pmags on store shelves?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Can't wait to make my own blue range mags.

Thanks for doing this for us Magpul. Now, how about furniture.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#18]
I Rit dyed my Tactical Tailor MAV from ACU to green, and it sticks out like a sore thumb in my PVS-14.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Did it stand out before you dyed it? Sincerely interested in this.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll buy a few.......
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#21]
pass
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Intersted too.  Obviously material, in addition to dye precess, may impact nigt vision performance.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Interesting. I'd always heard that black polymer was the most durable. I guess science marches on.

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Intersted too.  Obviously material, in addition to dye precess, may impact nigt vision performance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 on the curiosity......
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Switching to just sand and black pmags would be the best marketing decision Lancer could ever hope for.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rit Dye has no impact on NVG.  I have looked at my mags both dyed and regular and there is no added reflectivity.  Some plastics will stick out in NVGs but not Magpul's

I will say that i have only viewed first and second generatioin PMAGs.  But i would bet heavily on this new sand color being good.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks MT
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Switching to just sand and black pmags would be the best marketing decision Lancer could ever hope for.
View Quote

So true, why limit yourself to two or three main colors ? I have pre loaded mags based on color, so it helps to more than two choices.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So true, why limit yourself to two or three main colors ? I have pre loaded mags based on color, so it helps to more than two choices.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use colored electrical tape for this.  Green for green tip, blue for duty, red for tracers, etc.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#30]
It's going to be interesting to see what people come up with for designs.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm in
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you could rit dye the color of your choice. Isn't that supposed to be a feature of sand Pmags?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#33]
       <Edited.........no selling in the tech forums......dpmmn>  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top