Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2014 2:20:14 AM EDT
Does anyone have any insight on the smoke vs. clear lancer mags? Any issues with one over the other (weakness, too reflective, not clear enough, etc.)?  Personal preference?  I'm debating picking some up and would like some input from those that have used them.  They're within a dollar of each other so the price difference isn't a huge issue.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:46:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a fan of the smoke. The clear is too white and bright for me. You'll have no issues seeing the rounds through the smoke unless it's pitch black night. If you must have the absolute maximum in round visibility, like for a competitive shooting course, then clear is the one to get.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
They're both easily translucent enough to see the rounds.  A lot of people don't like the clear because they're rather white.  I much prefer the clear myself, maybe I'm odd.  I love the clear so much I've sold all my smoke to buy more clears.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:32:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought four smoke a while back and really like them, no issues.  

I thought the clears were going to be more clear but from pics I saw on here the look milky white with a blueish tint.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:14:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I prefer smoke, the "whiteness" of the clear ones look odd in a gun. Opposite of camo
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top