Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/11/2014 12:28:57 AM EDT
Just noticed on some of my gen 2 magpul 30 rounders the round under the top one is kinda twisting and keeps it from being inserted on a closed bolt, anyone else had this issue? I know to lock the bolt back on a loaded magazine and release it but I have never had an issue with inserting even a partially full mag on a closed bolt.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:42:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if the feed lips are going bad or what but any mag that gives me troubles at all gets trashed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Push harder.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Just noticed on some of my gen 2 magpul 30 rounders the round under the top one is kinda twisting and keeps it from being inserted on a closed bolt, anyone else had this issue? I know to lock the bolt back on a loaded magazine and release it but I have never had an issue with inserting even a partially full mag on a closed bolt.
View Quote
It happens with all the gen 2 pmags. It doesn't cause any problems except seating a full mag on a closed bolt.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It happens with all the gen 2 pmags. It doesn't cause any problems except seating a full mag on a closed bolt.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

My gen2 pmags seat fine on a closed bolt...  :confused:....
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi,

I've noticed this to with Magpul 30 rd magazines, but it hasn't cause me any jams yet with my range magazines.

Best Wishes:
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:49:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes the same thing happened to me with Gen 2 and 3.

NHMTGs don't do this and I don't own any Pmags anymore.

Love Magpul's other stuff though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#8]
More then likely it is the built in "stops" on the follower or base plate.

There is a very fine line on designing a mag that will not allow ammo to "bounce" out when dropped.... and allowing enough room for the 30rd loaded mags to seat and or fit the full amount of ammo in.

I have fixed any mag seating issues by shortening the stops. Last time I described how.... I got blasted for telling the OP how to ruin his mags... all of my altered mags function perfectly. And I do it to all my mags, I remove about a 1/16 of an inch off the stops.

If you want to try it , IM me. ..... If you want to visually see what I am talking about ... fully load a USGI metal mag and a Magpul.... then depress the ammo, you will note the ammo in the USGI moves down quite a bit more then the Magpul.

I have had NO issues with shortened stops in all styles of Lancers, Magpul and assorted others. As a matter of fact, Lancer used to show how in a video on their webpage.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top