Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2014 4:31:38 PM EDT
I had never heard of it untill last night. Bigger beta drum, holds 150rnds! $400~ range.

Any one got any info or expieriance with them?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a few and really like them. The older ones I have are aluminum and the newer ones are a tough plastic. They are built like a tank.  As someone posted on

here last night, they are heavy. From my experience, they cycle flawlessly in machine guns which was why I switched from beta mags although that may have just

been the beta mags I had.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one and although I haven't used it much yet I like it and am happy I bought it.   I recently picked up an X-products 50 rounder as a "starter belt".
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#4]
For the price I would buy Chinese drums all day long.  Total rip off on price.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

So you've used them? I mean that would be how you know it's a "rip off" right? im sure the Chinese appreciate your support
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So you've used them? I mean that would be how you know it's a "rip off" right? im sure the Chinese appreciate your support
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never mind. Not worth the account lock.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I apologize for being a smart ass and thank you for your service. I know they are expensive but I prmoise you, they are worth it.

If you weren't behind enemy lines, I would let you borrow one to test and I bet you would change your mind.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't worry about it.  It was a little smart ass-ish but I suddenly turned into a a pansy ass little girl over it.  No idea why.

My bad for being a jackwagon.

Thanks for the offer but I would be afraid that UPS would lose it or damage it this time of year.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven't tried mine yet but the rounds have their own groove to ride in in the drum so there is less friction than a cmag.

The original aluminum ones were at 1200 on gunbroker last I checked
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one and it works well, the plastic molded one.  The only issue you might run into is if you load it with ammo that is close to max OAL.  But 55gr factory should work just fine.  Again most get it only for full auto use.  I don't see the reasoning of using one in combat as the extra weight is not worth it, plus if you have a malfunction and have to drop it you could lose 120 rounds or 4 30 round mags worth of ammo.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Well this is certainly on my list of things to buy next.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#13]
That is wild. Anybody know how much these things weigh when full?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That is wild. Anybody know how much these things weigh when full?
View Quote

EIGHT POUNDS!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top