Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/18/2014 1:02:33 PM EDT
I've finally gotten some of each make to restock other non-USGIs I'd sold off.

My experience is very limited and I've been unable to find any threads pertaining to these.

I would like to hear from folks their experiences/observations of the magazines from the three contract suppliers - Okay, Center, and Brownell's.

For me using an older 6520 lower and an Ameetec Arms lower:
-Okays fit well and eject with vigor
-Centers fit well and are somewhat tighter however they still eject well
-Brownell's fit tight, do not eject, but otherwise function well

I still have a 6920 and 6720 that I need to try them with but am still interested in others' experiences in the interim.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I was issued Brownells in Afghanistan in 2011.  I wasn't aware of any complaints then.  The spring is specifically designed to work with the follower and vice versa so I think it is safe to say it is the most advanced design available. It is very cool how the spring "locks" onto the follower preventing it from tilting.  I go back next month so I'll check out what is popular over there currently and report back
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:34:38 AM EDT
[#2]
BTW, there is a New brand follower that fits the new USGI rounded spring, as well as the more common last gen spring.

It is very similar to the Magpul follower.

Here...http://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle-magazines/magazine-parts/magazine-followers/ar-15-m16-usgi-juggernaut-anti-tilt-followers-prod56127.aspx?psize=96
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
The description on Brownells is pretty intresting.

It sounds like it may have made some improvements on Magpuls followers.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top