AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/17/2014 3:34:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:32:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I really like these things!

I keep three coupled in my gun whether in the rifle rack at work, in my safe at home, or strategically placed somewhere in the house. I don't notice the extra weight when shooting. They have streamlined the stuff I take to work. I can now just take my rifle (don't need the rifle bag in the patrol car with the extra mags) and my regular bag which, at the moment, has 2 more mags in a pocket.  I'll probably re-work that bag's setup to hold coupled ETS mags too. My other non-work ARs are going to get their own ETS mag love soon.

In fact, other officers have seen my setup and bought some too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll play.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up a couple and find them flawless so far (low round count though).  I expected nothing less due to the great feedback from other users.

I will certainly be picking more up.

edit:  just did.  Picked up four of the coupled mags.  I am not done yet.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Will the clear plastic degrade over time?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#8]
One thing that I did run into was when I had low round count in the mag, the magwell hid how many rounds I actually had.  

Any chance that we will see a round count molded on the side or back and maybe a indicator on the spring?  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I tried out a few of the non coupled, really liked em, so I'll be back for a few of the coupled versions after the new year. I'm trying this "being responsible with money" thing around the holidays this year
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Would love to see 20 rnd or 10 rnd variants come in.

Did try the mag with 300 Blck rounds - not enough to give feedback on it.  Uncoupled in my short test worked fine with PWA 220 subs.  

I had some issues in loading of the Remington factory subs - 220g.  PWA and my reloads with 175 g subs shot fine.

Not enough information or trouble shoot on the issue and the mags were coupled.  I did not have enough shoot time left.  I blame it on the Rem rounds as I have found some withvariation in OAL on Factory rounds in the box.  Or it could be just my new sbr setup.

As I said in the prev. thread - I like to have many options of good mags on the market - Completion is good.  It leads to best products on the market :)

So far I feel good with em.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Not necessarily something that can be engineered out but when running three magazines, when I switched to the center mag and let the bolt go forward, the top round of the left magazine would occasionally (not every time but more than once) fly out of the magazine. Other than that, I put 300+ rounds through them today running three coupled with no other issues.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:48:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Blake if you will make sure that your top round is on the right side, aka either 29 or 31, this won't happen. Next gen will address this issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not necessarily something that can be engineered out but when running three magazines, when I switched to the center mag and let the bolt go forward, the top round of the left magazine would occasionally (not every time but more than once) fly out of the magazine. Other than that, I put 300+ rounds through them today running three coupled with no other issues.

Blake if you will make sure that your top round is on the right side, aka either 29 or 31, this won't happen. Next gen will address this issue.

Thank you. I guess this has already been engineered out. I was loading wth stripper clips, thus putting 30 rounds in each magazine.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I understand. In our next gen we will make it so the 30th round sits on the right side, not the left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you. I guess this has already been engineered out. I was loading wth stripper clips, thus putting 30 rounds in each magazine.

I understand. In our next gen we will make it so the 30th round sits on the right side, not the left.

So basically this will be a follower change, correct?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:11:22 AM EDT
[#19]
I have 8 of the coupled mags right now and thats all I have been using.  Have fed both steel and brass with no issues and have performed flawlessly in both semi and full auto AR's.  Havent tried it in my Scar yet.  Will is run OK in that uncoupled?   I really like these mags.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't know if you can say but are you having any black friday deals on them?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes. we are. Use discount code blackfriday to get 25% off. Discount is good now through the end of Monday.

Thanks to everyone for their business. Have a happy Thanksgiving!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. we are. Use discount code blackfriday to get 25% off. Discount is good now through the end of Monday.

Thanks. Ordered a couple. Can't wait to try them out.

Happy Turkey day  to you and your family as well.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Order placed too.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Getting ready to place my 2nd order.  The discount is not working for the follower packs, mags only.  Is this correct?  Happy Thanksgiving!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Getting ready to place my 2nd order.  The discount is not working for the follower packs, mags only.  Is this correct?  Happy Thanksgiving!
View Quote

Was wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's correct from what I can tell.  Somewhat disappointing, since they were out of stock when the 20% code was valid (but maybe that didn't work for the followers then either).
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:Hey guys, sorry for any confusion, but the discounts, even the 20% never applied to the colored parts. Once again, sorry for any confusion. The discounts are only for the mags.
View Quote

Thanks for the clarification.  Still disappointing, but I like your mags and the non-discounted price is fine. :)
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes, thanks for answering.  I am okay with that. Appreciate the discount.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Order placed.  In honor I got out a pair of your mags and slapped 'em in the 6920.  Outstanding product.  Happy Holidays to ETS and everyone else.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Excellent so far. Only 180 rounds tested, will report back with higher usage.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Ran them again in my Tavor xgiving weekend, flawless as usual.  My brother took a liking to them and said he is going to order some.  I forwarded him the email for the BF sale.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ran them again in my Tavor xgiving weekend, flawless as usual.  My brother took a liking to them and said he is going to order some.  I forwarded him the email for the BF sale.
View Quote

Ordered 7 with the sale. I have been waiting to buy some. I'm sure they will look great on my DD.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just saw this thread, and tried to order some with the discount code (it's still before "the end of Monday") but I get a not valid message for the code.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I just saw this thread, and tried to order some with the discount code (it's still before "the end of Monday") but I get a not valid message for the code.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just tried the code and it works for me. All lower case blackfriday. They shipped the order today that I place over the weekend. Very nice!
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

yeah, I just checked and the code worked for me. It's still valid. no spaces, blackfriday

If for some reason you can't get it to work, give us a call tomorrow and we will give you the discount over the phone.

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, I just checked and the code worked for me. It's still valid. no spaces, blackfriday

If for some reason you can't get it to work, give us a call tomorrow and we will give you the discount over the phone.

Thanks!

I had to use firefox, instead of safari, but I got it to work.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:27:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Just wanted to say that I got my 2 pak (not the rapper) of the  mags. They work flawlessly in all of my AR's.

I should have bought more at the discounted price

Any xmas week discounts coming
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Just received four new mags along with the extra colored followers.  They all look very well made.  One question,  when installing the colored followers I noted the gray ones that came installed in the mags had the rear leg clipped off.  

The extra colored followers I ordered have the full unclipped rear leg.  To clip or not to clip, that is the question?

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#46]
I've been beating up on some ETS mags and they are holding up well, better than most.  I did at least 7 drop tests of loaded mags onto cement from about 8 feet and the mag tube held up incredibly well.  No cracks to spine or feed lips where they usually fail.  However, the follower inside cracked.  Throwing them into a fence did nothing, so I moved on to empty mag vs SUV.  After replacing the follower, the mag fed fine, but did not drop free.    
Video
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:17:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:53:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Translucent mags with out metal feed lips are going to be problematic... which is why magpul stopped developing theirs.. I get that these are using a proprietary plastic polymer, but at the end of the day, chemistry is chemistry and you are limited to what you can use and still be translucent...I don't see these holding up to hard use long term.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:41:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:11:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Ok.  Interested.   AI have plenty of AR mags already.   Interested in making an AUG mag though?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top