Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2014 11:50:57 AM EDT
Anyone out there have any experience with the ASC 30 round ar mags   . got them at a good price  a ten pack but hope they are in spec.   I should be receiving them any day....
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone out there have any experience with the ASC 30 round ar mags   . got them at a good price  a ten pack but hope they are in spec.   I should be receiving them any day....
View Quote

pure junk just re.branded c products Mags is all they are . Don't waste your money when you can buy usgi ,lance,and pmags dirt cheap right now !

Imo lancers are the best of both worlds !
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Btw They are not and never have been mil spec ! Fyi
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

$1.00 is not a good price!
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#4]
ok thanks and just like I thought,  at $6.70 each  I will give some to my friend and have them give  me a range report,  BTW I have had good luck with Brownells  20 and 30 rd. mags but I have a Lancer that fit my ar15 sloppy and had to build up the front with JB weld  works now but should not have to do that,  I have several ar15 guns and all were the same with that Lancer mag......go figure
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ok thanks and just like I thought,  at $6.70 each  I will give some to my friend and have them give  me a range report,  BTW I have had good luck with Brownells  20 and 30 rd. mags but I have a Lancer that fit my ar15 sloppy and had to build up the front with JB weld  works now but should not have to do that,  I have several ar15 guns and all were the same with that Lancer mag......go figure
View Quote

Uhhh, I have not ever heard of having to build up a magazine with jb weld.  Lancers may fit a bit loose in you receivers, but I can bet that there was no problem with them working.  Should there have been, Lancer would have more than made it right.  

Back to your regularly scheduled program.....C Prod, or any iteration of them, are crap.  The only thing worse than their magazines, is their service.   Tell us you didn't buy steel, because they are better.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#6]
All my C products mags seem to work. Perhaps they are defective....
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Same here. We must have gotten ours from the same bad batch. I have 10 ASC SS 30rd mags from midway and they function 100%.

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Btw They are not and never have been mil spec ! Fyi
View Quote

Well they aren't brownells, Okay, NMHT so how could they be milspec?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#9]
If Lancers are sloppy, not just a bit loose, most likely your mag well is on the large side of in spec.

C Products Defense, new company in Florida, still Chad Panka though ,mags are excellent, above and beyond 100 times what the ASC/C-Products were/are.

The CPD machines are new, fit and finis is as good or better than Brownells, and the followers / internals are extremely smooth.

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If Lancers are sloppy, not just a bit loose, most likely your mag well is on the large side of in spec.

C Products Defense, new company in Florida, still Chad Panka though ,mags are excellent, above and beyond 100 times what the ASC/C-Products were/are.

The CPD machines are new, fit and finis is as good or better than Brownells, and the followers / internals are extremely smooth.

View Quote

What exactly are you saying?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess he's saying the 3rd time is a charm.      
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#12]
ASC or whatever other names they went buy have a bad reputation.  Sure, some worked, but I wouldn't trust them.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
ASC or whatever other names they went buy have a bad reputation.  Sure, some worked, but I wouldn't trust them.
View Quote

Copes has them for $67 shipped a ten pack. They are going in the Hillary pile with the rest of them.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm saying that CPD magazines are not anything the old C Products / ASC mags. Completely different materials , specs, finishes, and construction.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Same here. We must have gotten ours from the same bad batch. I have 10 ASC SS 30rd mags from midway and they function 100%.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.    

I also have a a few defective asc 308 mags for my lr 308.  I got really unlucky, the gun and mags run flawlessly.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#16]
My mags came today. The spot welds could be better. The follower is a magpul rip off and could be better, it would bind with direct pressure on the front (still much better than green followers). They are a light gray color. Spring was meh. Inserts and drops free like brownells mags. Overall a good buy cheap stack deep addition to the pile. I would buy more. This is said under the idea that I already have quality mags in my rifle and chest rig.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:40:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Some people have good experiences with them, but when D&H - with genuine magpul followers - can be had for 20 cents more (plus eighty-five cents shipping each to my zip code in a ten-pack), I'm not at all tempted by the ASC price.

Link - http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1239/category/2453/

Or... a genuine magpul follower in a magpul magazine for $8.08 - https://dsgarms.com/mag571-fol

Even though some folks have had good luck with the (typically) less-thought-of magazines, with prices being what they are on magazines with better reputations, it seems that a safer bet isn't that much more expensive nowadays.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Still, a SS Mag has ( if done right ) more inherent strenght.

My CProsducts were flawless, may be I´ll try some ASC or CP ... LLC ones:

--->>> which ones are better????

thx, Hermann
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a couple ASC 30rd mags and they have been just fine.  I bought them at Fleet Farm in Minnesota during the scare last year after the Newtown shooting because Fleet Farm was not price gouging like other businesses were.  But for the price, I would rather get D&H as they are built a bit better.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Last year I bought a bunch of stainless steel ASC 30 round AR15 and 20 round AR308 mags for $10 per (or less) for the AR15 and $18 per (or less) for the AR308.  Haven't had a chance to test any of them yet, but will soon.  I bought them because as far as I can tell, ASC is the only mag company left that DOES NOT date stamp or unique batch stamp their mags.  I think there is real value in that, even if they are not "mil-spec".
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
On sale cheaper with real Magpul follower https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000571&dir=625|1056|1058
View Quote

Does $15 shipping for a dozen mags seem excessive?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:12:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On sale cheaper with real Magpul follower https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000571&dir=625|1056|1058

No more than bumping a month old thread.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would posting an entire new thread to ask that simple question regarding one post in a month old thread have been preferable?

I ordered them btw.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No, I'm saying that CPD magazines are not anything the old C Products / ASC mags. Completely different materials , specs, finishes, and construction.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the same owner who had to move out of state, banned vendor to boot.  What could possibly go wrong ?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:34:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And the same owner who had to move out of state, banned vendor to boot.  What could possibly go wrong ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi,  

The last time I talked to the owner of CPD Inc.  It wasn't  Barry Bergin or Larry Panka  the prior owners of C-Products Llc but Adel Jamil and his wife Carol.  From what I know  CPD Inc. was incorperated in Florida under the Jamils name, and CPD Inc is not a banned vendor.   Adel Jamil was a customer of C-products Llc who purchased the residual stock, and workstations and started the new company Florida to keep supplying his customers through his export business. I really think innuendo isn't really a good argument if you have facts.

I will say that the newer CPD Inc SS magazines have to be made on different tooling , the new mags have a different tabbed interlock system, and a different feed lip.  The coatings are different to ASC still uses the C Products Llc Marlube vs. Isonite QPQ used by CPD Inc.  CPD Inc magazines have been uniformly good for me, and durable.

I do think per the OP that inexpensive magazines are worth a test as range magazines until they prove themselves regardless of my personal preferences.  It wasn't long ago we were paying $60 for two magazines!

Regards:
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The last time I talked to the owner of CPD Inc.  It wasn't  Barry Bergin or Larry Panka  the prior owners of C-Products Llc but Adel Jamil and his wife Carol.  From what I know  CPD Inc. was incorperated in Florida under the Jamils name, and CPD Inc is not a banned vendor.   Adel Jamil was a customer of C-products Llc who purchased the residual stock, and workstations and started the new company Florida to keep supplying his customers through his export business. I really think innuendo isn't really a good argument if you have facts.
:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

:

When the "new" C-Product defense was announced , it was announced by Larry Panka.
It was originally incorporated in his LCJ Wholesale property in Florida
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20110906/ARTICLE/110909754?tc=ar
C Products has moved to a 19,600-square-foot operation in south Manatee where its sister company, LCJ Wholesale, also moved.
....... CPD President Larry Panka Sr. said in a statement.

Address of LCJ Wholesale
http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail/EntityName/flal-l10000127364-8d4900c7-71e3-4de6-a800-e1eb2228f6df/lcj%20wholesale/Page1
Original address of C-Product Defense
http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/ConvertTiffToPDF?storagePath=COR%5C2011%5C0712%5C00176718.Tif&documentNumber=P11000062508
Larry Panka is neck deep in C-Product Defense.

Are there still members that are sitting on defective merchandise or never received their orders?
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Hi,

I share peoples frustration with this sorry saga.  So I did some additional research, about ASC and CPD Inc., their 30 round magazines, links to C-Products LLC and their origin.  People seem to think C-Products LLC in CT is the same as the new CPD Inc.  I checked the CT Secretary of State Concord website and entered "C-Products LLC":

CT Secretary Of State Business Look-Up

I found out a couple of interesting things about C-Products LLC, the first is that the only corporate officer/owner ever listed authorized to bind the company contractually is Barry Bergen who works at ASC.   The second is that C-Products LLC still listed by the state of CT as still being active, and that liens are still being filed against it. I suggest that CPD Inc is a separate corporation as C-Products LLC still exists.  People who have had problems with C-Products LLC maybe ought to be focusing the sole managing member/owner who happens to be Director of Engineering at ASC, and held the same position at C-Products LLC.  

Barry Bergen
Resume

Backstory

The story goes that Marsam Metal Finishing Company (owned by Jonathan Scalise) had an exclusive contract with C-Products LLC to finish/Teflon their magazines.  C-Products LLC unhappy with the finish went to another vendor and Marsam sued for breach of contract causing C-Products LLC to go under.  Marsam then got the magazine tooling, and a portion of the robotic workstations under a judgment/lien.  

Ammunition Storage Components (ASC also owned by Jonathan Scalise) was then formed to make magazines using C-Products LLC tooling, machines and programs. It is curious though that the man responsible for authorizing the contract with Marsam, and then authorized a contract with another vendor breaking Marsam's contract was hired by Jonathan Scalise to be Director of Engineering at ASC.  

There is nothing wrong with the basic C-Products LLC 30 round magazines basic design which is now made by ASC, it just requires tight quality control to be reliable.  There may be a problem since it appears based on ARFCOM  reports that ASC's quality control varies, and there is no quality certification I could find on ASC's website .  If you have the same dies making the same stampings, assembled by the same machines, with the same company doing the metal finish, run by the same engineer Mr. Bergen, is it any wonder, you might get the same results? Some lots of C-Products LLC mags had reliability problems and a low price.  Are we seeing a repeat of history with ASC magazines?  

CPD Inc., in contrast has new tooling, a new patented design/construction, a different finish, and being ISO9001 certified has tight quality control, a different engineer.  CPD Inc. is a different magazine than ASC is making, and C-Products LLC made.  A look at sunbiz. org and all the reports will show that the only company officers CPD Inc. ever had are Adel, and Carol Jamil.  In regards to the news paper article cited, LCJ Wholesale never according to sunbiz.org set-up shop at the CPD Inc. facility in Bradenton or was a sister company to CPD Inc. which would've shown in the filings.  My experience with the press is they don't always get it right, or local papers fact check articles.

Recent Press Relase Mentioning CPD Inc. And Owner
CPD Inc ISO Certification/Website

I hope that this clarifies some things for people about the 30 round ASC magazines backstory.

Wishing You All A Happy And Productive New Year:
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
 A look at sunbiz. org and all the reports will show that the only company officers CPD Inc. ever had are Adel, and Carol Jamil.  In regards to the news paper article cited, LCJ Wholesale never according to sunbiz.org set-up shop at the CPD Inc. facility in Bradenton or was a sister company to CPD Inc. which would've shown in the filings.  My experience with the press is they don't always get it right, or local papers fact check articles.  
View Quote

Holy Shill account, batman!

The information I posted above is from Florida. Florida lists the original address of the "new" C-Products at the exact same address as LCJ Wholesale. The interview from 2011 is by Larry Panka. You're actually suggesting that it's all just a big sloppy reporting coincidence? Please...

Once again, for the third or fourth  or fifth time, it's a BIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG conspiracy to make poor Larry look bad.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#30]
More to the point...

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU PURCHASE FROM C PRODUCTS, CPD, ASC, LCJ WHOLESALE OR WHATEVER THEY ARE CALLED THIS WEEK????

Just purchase Okay Industries and then you don't have to be concerned whether your magazines will work or not.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Like I have said before, and it bears worth repeating:  We are in the golden age of stuff RIGHT FREAKING NOW!   There are gen 2 and gen 3 PMags to be had for 8 bucks, every other week.  There are NIP GI mags all over the place, green follower, brown followers, all 3 brands, for 8 bucks, all the time on the EE.  If wanting a little different flavor, you can get D & H's, which I believe are the old Sanchez/LaBelle, tooled mags, which used to be GI contracted, for 7 bucks.  

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE, works like a mofo, and all but the GI's, are backed by great warranty's.  Why in the name of all that is holy, would you screw with C freaking anything product mags, of any flavor?  Are you that dense?  Or are you just a glutton for punishment?  

And for all the smartasses, that want to follow behind, and tell me "mine must be defective, they work great".  Great how?  Great for how long?  Great for how much use?  Glad your shit is holding up, but there were plenty of more than documented cases of people repeatedly getting 10 working magazines.........out of 50.  I have a couple of 40's, and about a half dozen 20's left that I shoot.  I replaced all of the springs in the 20's, with cut down GI springs, due to the fact of a few of them breaking.  You want to buy them?  Great, I really don't care, it's your money.  But I would think that after the couple of years of problems a lot of us had, with the Larry and Chad show, you might have enough sense to stay away.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top