Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/10/2014 11:48:08 AM EDT
So I picked up two 20rd mags this weekend. One straight "Colt" (the cheap ones everywhere for about $10, straight body, shiny black finish, green follower) and one that looked like a USGI curved alluminum. The "colt" double feeds like a bitch and the "USGI" skips rounds (every third round doesn't get picked up, bolt slides right over the cartridge).

So what do yall think of using them to practice malfunction drills? It's better than just throwing a random snap cap in the mix imo. Cheaper than loosing one of those expensive bastards also.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO, it's a hammer time. (The mags, not OP)
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I think having someone else load your mag with a dummy round is a better choice
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Or in a pinch, put all the rounds in bowl, close your eye's and start loading mags.

I never go to the range without a couple of snap caps mixed in, keeps things interesting.

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
IMO, it's a hammer time. (The mags, not OP)
View Quote

Yup.... Don't sell those mags to someone else, destroy them.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So I picked up two 20rd mags this weekend. One straight "Colt"... ...and one that looked like a USGI curved alluminum...
View Quote

I'm not up to speed on military stuff (I got out of the army during Reagan's first term), but I don't recall ever seeing a USGI curved 20-rounder. Is that something that actually exists?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm not up to speed on military stuff (I got out of the army during Reagan's first term), but I don't recall ever seeing a USGI curved 20-rounder. Is that something that actually exists?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I picked up two 20rd mags this weekend. One straight "Colt"... ...and one that looked like a USGI curved alluminum...

Looked exactly like this one:
https://www.brownells.com/UserDocs/News//Brownells20-roundAR15-M16Magazine.jpg

Probably should have said USGI style.. my bad
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't destroy them, somebody will be willing to buy them to try to  fix them.  Just tell them the problems you had with them, if they change out the components they may work.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I was gonna say.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top