Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/6/2014 7:50:04 AM EDT
Good morning everybody.

I went today and visited a small dealer outside Milan and I found this 30 rounds magazine with its floorplate marked "Defense Procurement Manufacturing Services Inc. Osseo MN 55369" in mint conditions. I never saw before a similar magazine in Italy.

Can you please give me an approximate year of make ?
Thank you.

Salu2 a to2
Bizio
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Also know currently as DPMS. If it has an old style black follower probably mid 1990's manufacture and likely made by D&H Industries under their current or one of their former names.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I never thought DPMS is the acronym. I know DPMS since I buy from time to time their AR15 spare parts at Brownell's.
Thank you.

Salu2 a to2
Bizio
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
What kinda gun laws do you have in itali? Can you have 30rnd mags?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kinda gun laws do you have in itali? Can you have 30rnd mags?
View Quote

We can own 30 rounds mags but we can use only up to 29 rounds mags with some rifles and up to 5 rounds mags with demilitarized rifles ( rifles which originally were FA and which have been converted into SA for civilians ). We can use up to 15 rounds mags with handguns.

Salu2 a to2
Bizio
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#5]
As said... 90's era.
They are Very Good mags!

Made right here in MN.  Nice.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:06:18 AM EDT
[#6]
The black followers have since been replaced with newer designs. I would install a Magpul anti-tilt folllower.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks but I dont think I will use it for shooting.
I generally use plastic PMAG instead which can fall to the ground without problems during quick magazine change.

Salu2 a to2
Bizio
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top