Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2014 11:31:04 AM EDT
I know im probably going to regret this in someway but i picked up 6 20round magazines for 5 bucks each new. Heres the catch there promags. Now considering i heard soo much bad reviews from promag i figured id break in the springs by leaving them loaded for a month. IF that dident work changeout the springs and followers. For 5 bucks seemed too good to be true. But i can easily swap out the springs and followers for less than what i paid for them...
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know im probably going to regret this in someway but i picked up 6 20round magazines for 5 bucks each new. Heres the catch there promags. Now considering i heard soo much bad reviews from promag i figured id break in the springs by leaving them loaded for a month. IF that dident work changeout the springs and followers. For 5 bucks seemed too good to be true. But i can easily swap out the springs and followers for less than what i paid for them...
View Quote

They will either work or they will not, there is only one way to tell and if they don't your investment is minimal.

If you are looking for photo fodder for The Arf, so a bunch of other people who collect new shit and take pictures of it will go "oh duuuuuude, operator as FUCK !", you have chosen poorly even if they do work.

GI mags are generally about $8 these days  and are for the most part unimpeachable, if they don't work your gun is likely the problem. PMAGS, if polymer is your gig are about $10 these days and work well for most people. Both of those are pretty inexpensive and highly functional options, so thee really isn't any reason to buy questionable mags these days.

If they don't work, it will be because the bodies are shit and swapping followers and springs will only compound your loss, so if they don't work throw them away.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]
lol if i wanted to be opertator as fuck i dont think i would be buying cheap mags but i get what ur saying. For 5 bucks its worth a shot and yea for a few more bucks i coulda went another route but if they work, they work, if not fuck it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have only ever bought 1 promag magazine, and it was for a ruger lcp, but it has been absolutely flawless. fwiw
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#4]
My $0.02. Use them since you have them, if they mess up, throw them away. Dont put more money in them. Replace with nhmtg, magpul, brownells or some other reputable mags.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Neckbeard those things during the next shortage.  $35.00 each.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:14:16 AM EDT
[#6]
My only experinece with Promag was their thirties for the Mini-14 during the Ban.    I had four of them and they all gave problemas.   in '04 I threw 'em in the trash and got factory twenties.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:13:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They will either work or they will not, there is only one way to tell and if they don't your investment is minimal.

If you are looking for photo fodder for The Arf, so a bunch of other people who collect new shit and take pictures of it will go "oh duuuuuude, operator as FUCK !", you have chosen poorly even if they do work.

GI mags are generally about $8 these days  and are for the most part unimpeachable, if they don't work your gun is likely the problem. PMAGS, if polymer is your gig are about $10 these days and work well for most people. Both of those are pretty inexpensive and highly functional options, so thee really isn't any reason to buy questionable mags these days.

If they don't work, it will be because the bodies are shit and swapping followers and springs will only compound your loss, so if they don't work throw them away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any mags that I have that don't work well are marked in an obvious way and used for shooting drills, teaching yourself to clear a malfunction quickly can save your or someone else's life.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#8]
just my pennies, i have 2 30 rd, 1 20 rd polymer, and 2 20 rd steel pro mag ar mags, all of them work perfectly fine, never had an issue
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#9]
well im hoping i have your luck Frankenstein... I have them all loaded up i always break in my mags atleast for 2 -3 weeks. If they dont work ill mark em n wait till the next mag scare and like Blake said sell them for triple. Kinda shady but money talks.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top