User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Altered the magazines per above instructions, just got back from the range and they performed with no problem.

Thank you for the advice

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to have helped.

Wes
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Considering I've paid $7.50 shipped for NEW Colt (Okay Industries) magazines, I can't see the allure on these.

They have issues new out of the box, they have NO track record.

Way too many outstanding choices out there in magazines to screw with this crap!

MUCH better choices...
ANY mag manufactured by Okay Industries (Okay, Colt, NHMTG)
Magpul
Lancer
Etc.
View Quote

^^^^^^^ totally agree. Well said!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Considering I've paid $7.50 shipped for NEW Colt (Okay Industries) magazines, I can't see the allure on these.

They have issues new out of the box, they have NO track record.

Way too many outstanding choices out there in magazines to screw with this crap!

MUCH better choices...
ANY mag manufactured by Okay Industries (Okay, Colt, NHMTG)
Magpul
Lancer
Etc.

Well I got mine for basically free.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Well I got mine for basically free.
View Quote

I handled these at Cabelas and said, "i wouldnt take these if they were free."

They showed up during the panic so Cabelas could make a mint selling them for $24.99. They feel like they were made by a cheap chinese toy manufacturer. Since there are pmags and d&h right beside them on the shelves for a good price, there is zero reason to buy this trash.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I went out this morning and fired 30 rds out of all 20 magazines.  Yes, that's 600 rds boys and girls.

No failures, even when bumpfiring.  They all fed perfectly.  Of course, none of them locked the bolt back, but there is a quick fix for that.  

For range mags?  Yeah, they'll do the job.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I use my serious use mags for range mags.

That way I'm SURE they will work when needed.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 3:28:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I got to use one today. It functioned fine and I used it in a new 7.5" pistol that had never been shot before so it had the odds stacked against it but functioned fine. On the last shot the bolt held open on the follower. Not really a big deal unless it causes damage to the follower.

I'm curious why we saw these at Cabelas and then nothing? Did this mystery company only make one batch and blew 'em out at cabelas? Has anyone seen them for sale anywhere else?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I didn't know OKay was NHMTG. You learn something every day.
View Quote

Dammit I knew it, there had to be something behind the NHMTG mags.  These mags are great, now I know why, made by a great company.  I have 30 round OKay mags used by Moses himself to guard the Arc, and they are 100% reliable.

Now I know why.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top