Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, they are excellent mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so are the NHMTG 20 rounders the mags to get since straight pmag 20's are gone?

Yes, they are excellent mags.

Ditto.........
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
What gets me is I'm sure Magpul has found that the Gen 3 curved ones are more reliable. Otherwise, why would they be so adamant about sticking with the new design when people clearly want straight mags? Yet people still insist on paying $20-30 for them. I think I'm even starting to prefer the slight curve of the M3s.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:44:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 1:03:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the straight 20rd pmags better but not enough to pay retard prices
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Was anyone actually having reliability or feeding issues with the Magpul G2 20s?  Or was Magpul's change spurred by an OCD ore-preventative issue type change?
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Was anyone actually having reliability or feeding issues with the Magpul G2 20s?  Or was Magpul's change spurred by an OCD ore-preventative issue type change?
View Quote

I only own 3 or 4 but never had an issue
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I never have. If you look on the EE, everyone is looking for Magpul gen 2 straight body mags. I think Magpul made a mistake changing the design and possibly will change it back. Eventually people will collect the gen 3 curved because they were less made... LOL. It all comes full circle..
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Expensive? I bought all mine when they were $8.99 each.

Snooze you lose.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:58:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I got about 400 ea after Bn thru them in the dumpster in 00'.  

CD

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 5:40:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I never realized that there was such a market for 20rd mags.  We sell the 20rd and 30rd NHMTG aluminum GI mags for the same price.
The 30s have the current brown/tan anti-tilt follower, and the 20s have a black plastic follower.
Steve/RRA
View Quote

Yes. I may even have a lead on four FDE Magpul gen 2 20rd magazines still in the plastic! FOUR!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes. I may even have a lead on four FDE Magpul gen 2 20rd magazines still in the plastic! FOUR!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never realized that there was such a market for 20rd mags.  We sell the 20rd and 30rd NHMTG aluminum GI mags for the same price.
The 30s have the current brown/tan anti-tilt follower, and the 20s have a black plastic follower.
Steve/RRA

There was a major recall on those a while back. Send them to me and I'll get you squared away.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 5:28:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Magpul stopped making straights like 2yrs ago. So thats why they cost more.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There was a major recall on those a while back. Send them to me and I'll get you squared away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steve/RRA

I didn't know. I appreciate your generosity!! PM sent!
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What gets me is I'm sure Magpul has found that the Gen 3 curved ones are more reliable. Otherwise, why would they be so adamant about sticking with the new design when people clearly want straight mags? Yet people still insist on paying $20-30 for them. I think I'm even starting to prefer the slight curve of the M3s.
View Quote

I remember a few threads arguing over tilt vs anti-tilt followers. Personally never had an issue with either in 20s but maybe Magpul thought going to a curved mag and anti-tilt follower was what the market wanted.
Straights carry a little easier but that's the only real advantage I see,
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Just bought four of the Bushmaster black aluminum 20 round AR-15 curved mags from CDNN for $6.99 each.

They are new D&H 20 round mags with black teflon coating, green Magpul followers and Bushmaster floorplates.  So far, so good..
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#18]
These are now on Sale For $5.89/EA.

http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines/ar15-223-20rd-blk-alum-curved.html#.VRdbrvnF98F
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top