Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 3:12:40 PM EDT
I have been using two continually at the range. A 20 round and a 30 round black translucent.  

I'm ex Army, and as my friend points out... i rough handle and abuse my equipment... they claim it's because I'm an Army guy... lol.

Anywho...I have been beating the Crap out of these magazines and they will not give up. Drop them loaded unloaded,  grind them in dirt, throw them across the range and they just keep ticking.

These mags just kick butt

Only complaint is  cost. Wish they would come down some
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
of all my 223 mags, I prefert my Lancers.  

for .308, I WANT to try Lancers new mag, but at $50 a pop, ill get a few 20 or 25 rnd pmags first.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed.

Been using some Lancers for a couple of years now. They just work.
Slowly replacing my Mag-Pul mags with Lancers as the Mag-Puls crap out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agreed.

View Quote

I do like Lancers, but use Magpuls also.  Hardly have any GI mags left.

I'm waiting on Lancer 308 Magazines to come down though before I get any of these.  They are 2x the price of the Magpul 308 mags current I believe.

Also curious as to how the Magpuls are "crapping" out?   FTF? Weak springs?  Lips cracking?
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm waiting on Lancer 308 Magazines to come down though before I get any of these.  They are 2x the price of the Magpul 308 mags current I believe.

Also curious as to how the Magpuls are "crapping" out?   FTF? Weak springs?  Lips cracking?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed.

Had a couple feed lips break. Had two crack along the back seem. One got mushed when a tractor ran over it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
My Lancers have cloned themselves since I bought 4 for a carbine class. They work great and also replaced my USGIs.  Price compared to Magpul keeps me from flipping my inventory though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Only complaint is  cost. Wish they would come down some
View Quote

They can be found for under $10.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I have never paid more than $10 for any of my Lancer magazines.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have never paid more than $10 for any of my Lancer magazines.
View Quote

Me either...
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Where are you guys getting them?
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Where are you guys getting them?
View Quote

DSG Arms has had them fro $10 each several times. Sign up for their email list or check the magazine deals thread.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Here is what the current PMag M3s can take without incident...

Pmag M3 testing -High Speed video with HK 416 full auto testing

In the videos we run over the mag with a 9,000lb Mercedes Unimog, even parking the truck tire on the mag. Not to sure how a tractor mushed one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed.

Had a couple feed lips break. Had two crack along the back seem. One got mushed when a tractor ran over it.

In the videos we run over the mag with a 9,000lb Mercedes Unimog, even parking the truck tire on the mag. Not to sure how a tractor mushed one.

Before the Gen 3's were out you would post the same stuff about the Gen 2's....
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

I guess the gen 2s are just as tough as the gen 3s.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
of all my 223 mags, I prefert my Lancers.  

for .308, I WANT to try Lancers new mag, but at $50 a pop, ill get a few 20 or 25 rnd pmags first.
View Quote

DSG has them for $37 right now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:32:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Have 100+ gen2 pmags.  No issues on any.

Bought 4 Lancer AWMs to see the hype.  They felt cheaper and rattle more in he magwell.  No regrets buying them cheap from DSG, but I'll take the pmag anyday.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Bought 4 Lancer AWMs to see the hype.  They felt cheaper and rattle more in he magwell.  No regrets buying them cheap from DSG, but I'll take the pmag anyday.
View Quote

LOL

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:20:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Strong add to the thread.  Well thought out.

Have them both.  Used them both.  Above are my thoughts.

Go troll GD.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:31:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Go troll GD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Go troll GD.

The fact that they "feel" cheaper doesn't make them shitty. They do have more give, but that elastic deformation allows it to take abuse.  You're the one in a tech thread saying how you will take pmags over another brand because they "feel" cheap.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:39:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Where exactly do you guys find Lancer L5 AWM translucent 30rd mags for $10 ? I went to DSG like you stated and they are twice that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:40:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Where exactly do you guys find Lancer L5 AWM translucent 30rd mags for $10 ? I went to DSG like you stated and they are twice that.
View Quote

You've got to wait for sales...
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:13:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

If anybody wants to know where to get them for $10 IM me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah you can't say it publicly here or your hand gets slapped.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It gets slapped for a reason. They're a banned vendor and frequently over sell their items.  Especially magazines.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#24]

<Edited banned vendor........dpmmn>
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

<Edited banned vendor........dpmmn>
View Quote

And you'll be lucky to get an order placed.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It gets slapped for a reason. They're a banned vendor and frequently over sell their items.  Especially magazines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not disagreeing. Overall, they suck. I was just pointing out the fact.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#27]
       <edited......banned vendor.....dpmmn>. DSG has ridiculously fast shipping and the best prices when they have sales. I just got their deal on 10 OD pmags and it came to PA from Texas in about two days. I also got a cool patch for my efforts.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quantico Tactical has Lancers for $13.86 currently.  They are great to buy from.  M2 Pmags are about 10, but M3 are $14.20.

I have both PMAGs and Lancers, they both function very well.  I'm good to go with both.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#29]
But to get back to the point of the thread…Lancers are great.  I've fallen in love with the translucent mags. The smoke are awesome but I've been ordering the clears when I find them for a decent price. I'm almost to the point of selling off my pmags to buy more Lancers.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah from here on out I think I'm gonna buy less Pmag and more Lancer, I like them both but I like the lancer thin basaeplate better and on the whole Lancer's extract from my pouches easier without having to rock them side to side. Plus I like the metal feed lips.

My only gripe about the Lancer's is also one of the things I like best the, metal feed lips, They can be pretty sharp when new and I cut myself pretty good on one once. Like a big paper cut.
Like anything they get less sharp with use.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:...Like anything they get less sharp with use.
View Quote

That's what my wife of 28 years says about me. I used to be sharp; now I'm just good at picking up heavy stuff...
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
But to get back to the point of the thread…Lancers are great.  I've fallen in love with the translucent mags. The smoke are awesome but I've been ordering the clears when I find them for a decent price. I'm almost to the point of selling off my pmags to buy more Lancers.

<a href="http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/bjbloodworth/media/e3d0b75f46090964c5c8b2ed2b40243f_zps3b377e3c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb369/bjbloodworth/e3d0b75f46090964c5c8b2ed2b40243f_zps3b377e3c.jpg</a>
View Quote

I'm not a fan of how "white" the clear ones are.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

does it rhyme with "Fotach?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

does it rhyme with "Fotach?"

Why yes it does When the vendor who cannot be named started selling these for $10 about 4-5 months ago quite a few of us here ordered from them.I went in with very low expectations,I fully knew their rep.I figured at the very worst I could dispute the order with my C.C. company.

When I ordered their "real time inventory" showed 750 in stock.I paid for 60,now it shows 690 in stock.Hey Great,it actually works.Couple days later I get the "Out of stock/backorder" email.A week later,"We'll be shipping in 2 days" email.2 weeks later,"We'll be shipping in 3 days" email.Etc.Etc.This went on until we finally received our mags about 30-45 days after placing the orders.

A lot of people canceled but I hung in there because I knew I could always dispute the charge and win.Plus at that price I could wait.I wouldn't deal with them again unless it was a killer deal like this and I was protected by my C.C. company.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The fact that they "feel" cheaper doesn't make them shitty. They do have more give, but that elastic deformation allows it to take abuse.  You're the one in a tech thread saying how you will take pmags over another brand because they "feel" cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Go troll GD.

I didn't state they were bad.  I said the pmags are better after handling and using both.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 12:05:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#36]
turned into a looking for mag deals thread.............dpmmn
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top