Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2014 2:08:24 AM EDT
I aquired this mag rummaging through a foot locker full of mags at my old unit. I snagged it because I was wanting a 20 rounder for range use.

I never put much thought into it until tonight. Found some info on this through here an another site.  It was produced 1966-1971. I have been happy with it and has never produced a failure.

Enjoy!

Simmonds Precision Products Incorporated
-------
Army and late Air Force contract mags made by Simmonds. Dull alloy followers and gold/bronze colored anodizing. (Simmonds was a division of Okay/Universal Industries). Made from 1966-1971. Floorplates stamped:

(S Logo) M16/M16A1 CAL 5.56 mm
UNIVERSAL INDS. DIV
SIMMONDS PREC. PROD. INC.
WEST HAVEN, CONN. U.S.A.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 3 or 4 old colt mags that look just like that, and yes they are excellent.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one of those too.  I like it as well.

ETA: Army and late Air Force contract 20 round. Circa 1966 to 1971. Dull alloy  followers. Most marked Colt w/pony. A few are marked Simmonds or  Adventureline on floorplate. Usually $20 to $40 ea. (Actually these are more  scarce than Colt made 20s, but few collectors realize it, and oddly they  pay more for Colts!) I usually have these in stock.

From the AR15 magazine section written by Troy
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Screw up, delete this entry=
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember back in the mid 80's, we were throwing those away by the foot lockers full.  We tossed hundreds of them.

If I only had the hindsight back then, I would have scored every one of them.  They could have been worth a small fortune!!!

Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:55:39 AM EDT
[#5]
dfvalter in the EE has these but they are Colt's for dirt cheap, I just threw in on 50 of them for $10.00 each plus shipping.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a piece of AR magazine history info for you guys on Universal magazines & AR magzines....

Ed Okay (his real last name was Oleskiewicz) the former owner of Okay Industries in New Britain, CT was the production foreman at Universal back in the 60's.  He left Universal in the mid-60's & started working at B. Jahn Manufacturing who was a Tool & Die company in New Britain, CT.  In 1968 Ed purchased B. Jahn & changed the name to Okay Industries and that's how Okay got into making magazines for Colt's & the Military.  

As the story goes, Ed sold his family station wagon to get enough money to buy Okay's first stamping press & the rest is history.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top