Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2014 9:13:15 PM EDT
These are the German-made mags that hit the market a couple years ago (or thereabouts). Opinions ranged from "decent mag" to "complete crap". Anyone with any recent experience with these?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]
THIS ^
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
You are being way too nice.  When I got the e-mail this week that their mags were $4.99 for the weekend sales I still couldn't buy any even as a sale item in the next panic.

First gen I sent back on sight.  Second gen I used as a selling with with an old rifle. By Gen 4 they should be $8 mags and should be fine range mags. Some good ideas that they seemed to take the cheap way out on.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I took the liberty of highlighting the correct answer

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These are the German-made mags that hit the market a couple years ago (or thereabouts). Opinions ranged from "decent mag" to "complete crap". Anyone with any recent experience with these?

I took the liberty of highlighting the correct answer

Whew! I was this close to pulling the trigger on these today. $6.99 at LAN world.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
LAN World is advertising the "1.5" Gen mags now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LAN World is advertising the "1.5" Gen mags now.
View Quote

1.5% less crap then gen 1. They might work as range mags.  Maybe.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine were the opposite.  The feed lips were so thin / soft / flexible that the follower would pop up above the lips about half way.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, you gotta admit that they do LOOK cool

(Remember, it's not how you play but how you look)
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Check youtube and you'll find several videos showing how bad they are, like this one.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhir4jLKqcI[/youtube]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top