Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2014 12:38:36 PM EDT
I see them at CDNN all the time but never see them mentioned here. Are they any good?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
never heard of them... had to do a google:

http://www.thebangswitch.com/microtech-xm-30-e4-magazines/
I have also seen a few bad posts about them on here....

I can get Pmags for $12.99 here on base and they have a bin the size of a garbage dumpter so I have no need to look elsewhere.
Primary Arms has Pmags for sale for $9.99 right now too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I got 5 of them with my MSAR bullpup.

They work fine for me, in both the MSAR E4, and my AR's.

That said, I don't see any reason to get anything but P-mags.  They're the best.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a bunch of the 40 rounder MSAR mags when they were $10 at CDNN awhile ago. When 40round Pmags are $10 ea I'll buy some of those.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got 5 of them with my MSAR bullpup.

They work fine for me, in both the MSAR E4, and my AR's.

That said, I don't see any reason to get anything but P-mags.  They're the best.
View Quote

The ones that came with my rifle didn't last 90 rounds.

The newer ones seem to have a better reputation, but again, for the price, I'll take any of the good steel or P mags.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been using them in 3 gun matches for about a year now, never had any problems. Local company, and the guys do a lot to support the shooting sports.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The 1st gen msar mag was junk. The current (gen 2) mag seems to be performing very well. There is a James Yeager video out there where he says they have been using them for their classes and have been putting hundreds of rounds thru them with no issues. I have a few, and have been using a clear one as a range mag. So far I've put about 300 rounds thru it with no issues, but I haven't been trying too hard to break it.

All in all, since you can get them for $7 or $8 depending on the sale from CDNN, I think they are well worth the money.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:34:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have been using them in 3 gun matches for about a year now, never had any problems. Local company, and the guys do a lot to support the shooting sports.

View Quote

Old mags or new style?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Old mags or new style?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Old mags or new style?

New ones. The guys sponsor our local 3 gun match and we got to try out some out last fall / winter, never tried any of the old style ones. At first i kinda blew them off as i have had good luck with magpul, but after using them as range mags for a while i have been very impressed with them.

I know some guys who do some serious high volume shooting who swear by them. Myself i have never had a problem with them and i do kinda abuse my gear, and never clean magazines after shooting in the rain / mud.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top