Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2014 6:56:25 PM EDT
So my friend gave me these 5 sweet mags, couple 20 rd and a few 30 rd... They're old and scratched so I'm going to refinish them (if anyone has any input on that, it is surely welcome) and I'm wondering if I could:

Sand the edge of the front/top of the follower so that when it tilts, it won't freeze in the mag. I may just try it carefully to see how it functions, but has anyone ever sort of made their own tilt proof followers like that  

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So my friend gave me these 5 sweet mags, couple 20 rd and a few 30 rd... They're old and scratched so I'm going to refinish them (if anyone has any input on that, it is surely welcome) and I'm wondering if I could:

Sand the edge of the front/top of the follower so that when it tilts, it won't freeze in the mag. I may just try it carefully to see how it functions, but has anyone ever sort of made their own tilt proof followers like that  

View Quote

The tacked post in this forum dealing with refinishing magazines, half way into the post has directions on using Permasilk.

Cheaper to swap out 30 round followers for the current Magpul followers, just less work and known reliability.
Modifying followers on 20 round magazines...I have not experienced any issues with tilting causing trouble. They need a bit of tilt to the follower to run right because of the straight body. Everyone continues to sing the praises of old 20 round magazines using alloy followers.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:03:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

I successfully converted the green followers to anti-tilt by ordering Magpul followers from dsgarms and Brownells
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top