Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We will see what we can work out. We have to get enough colored pieces to meet demand so I can have them put up for sale!!!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
so if i ran over your mag its my 6000lb truck they would servive.....-looks outside at my ramcharger-.... nah ill pass id rather use them

Yes we ran over the one that was dropped from 20ft with an 8000lb diesel truck. Then it got dropped from 20 ft twice because the camera wasn't rolling on the first drop...

Your truck would not break the mag, but I completely understand not wanting to use yours for destructive testing...lol.

IF i had another one or two id gladly see if the ramcharger could crush them could even see if the new colored ones hold up to the crushing

We will see what we can work out. We have to get enough colored pieces to meet demand so I can have them put up for sale!!!  

sounds like fun, i need to get around to saveing up some spending cash for the orange insert kit for my home defense ammo, i kinda just dropped 600 bucks on an fnx45 this weekend, good thing i stocked up on food and gas before hand lol
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#3]

unfortunatly it was used ish new.. dosent look fired there was no finish of fthe feed ramp so i athink it just sat in the shop to long. but it didnt come with the two spare mags and at 40 a pop that kinda sucks. once i pick up a holster so i can carry it and a new belt i may have to stock up on some more 556 so i can continue to test your mags lol
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:21:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Just tried the ETS with my AUG A3 Nato. Functions great and reliably locks back after last round. Very happy with it. Only bought the non coupler mags so don't know if coupled mags will fit. Will pick up some more when I'm not poor. Waffle style mags really fit perfectly with the AUG. Heres a terrible potato pic:

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just tried the ETS with my AUG A3 Nato. Functions great and reliably locks back after last round. Very happy with it. Only bought the non coupler mags so don't know if coupled mags will fit. Will pick up some more when I'm not poor. Waffle style mags really fit perfectly with the AUG. Heres a terrible potato pic:

http://s17.postimg.org/e9g8dfdcf/photo_1_2.jpg
View Quote

Badass!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a copy/paste of my reply in the rapid recognition system thread. You guys can take a look at some pictures I took of ETS magazines with all the different colors available. Not photoshopped or glam'd up. Just real pictures.
---------

Alright, my Orange and Green RRS parts arrived today as expected. I now have the set of Blue, Red, Orange, and Green.

First, a picture of all the colors in one shot so you can see an estimate of what they'd look like. Then I took a few pictures of the orange and green while in one of my SBR's. And finally put together 3 couplers with a red, white, blue theme.

Photos taken with an iPhone so they won't be amazing, but they should be good enough!

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just a copy/paste of my reply in the rapid recognition system thread. You guys can take a look at some pictures I took of ETS magazines with all the different colors available. Not photoshopped or glam'd up. Just real pictures.
---------

Alright, my Orange and Green RRS parts arrived today as expected. I now have the set of Blue, Red, Orange, and Green.

First, a picture of all the colors in one shot so you can see an estimate of what they'd look like. Then I took a few pictures of the orange and green while in one of my SBR's. And finally put together 3 couplers with a red, white, blue theme.

Photos taken with an iPhone so they won't be amazing, but they should be good enough!

http://www.mywrx.net/ETScolors.JPG

http://www.mywrx.net/ETS5.JPGhttp://www.mywrx.net/ETS7.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/ETS6.JPGhttp://www.mywrx.net/ETS8.JPG

http://www.mywrx.net/ETS9.JPG
View Quote

sweet. I still need to get some of these colors.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Please help support the "little guy's" making the currently best AK mags out there. Seems going to courts to suppress a better product is nothing new ? I bought more today Nov.04 myself. These mags are primo !

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought one non-coupled ETS magazine recently just to try out and add to my collection.  It fits in the magwell of my C3 Defense lower well.  I have not been able to shoot with it yet, but when inserted, a round does rattle.  It's not a big deal, but rather an observation.

Magazine collecting is a whole different addiction.  I could have bough several more firearms wit the money I've spent on AR and AK magazines. HAHA

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I got my 2 in  - Coupled Variants - What can I say ? - awsome design and looks and feels  quality - the material properties will make this become one of the best on the market at least.   Everthing on it is made to work with ease in mind - No issues in disassembly and assembly - Coupling was really easy - But did watch the Video on how to un-couple them from the given yellow insert and warnings from this site.

The clear mag is a big plus.  It is an awsome mag for M16/Ar15 which has the look alike feel of the HK G36 Mags - This type of clear mag and coupling is the one of the best things I like about HK G36's my bother-inlaws class 3 items I liked so much.   With the plus on the material and nice base, follower and dust cover design.

Thanks for a great product made here in USA.  I wish you all the best on success and thanks for offering another great product to the consumers.

I hope whatever differences between you and magpul, gets worked out and we are left to decided to buy whichever the consumer makes.

Good luck.

NJ

Sorry I have not tested it - But I would like to test this out on my new 300 blck out SBR.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I just ordered up three non-coupled today.  Looking forward to seeing them in action.  I am not a mag fanboy, I have some standard GI, magpul, troy battlemags, a few promag (they were given to me ok?!)  I have had good luck with the mags (well, with the exception of the promags).  

I look forward to these clear ones.  Will be the first clear ones that I have ever used.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thanks for your business. We look forward to you getting your hands on them. Hopefully we will become your favorite mag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just ordered up three non-coupled today.  Looking forward to seeing them in action.  I am not a mag fanboy, I have some standard GI, magpul, troy battlemags, a few promag (they were given to me ok?!)  I have had good luck with the mags (well, with the exception of the promags).  

I look forward to these clear ones.  Will be the first clear ones that I have ever used.

Thanks for your business. We look forward to you getting your hands on them. Hopefully we will become your favorite mag.

Have you guys tried them out with an AR chambered in 5.45?  Just wondering cuz I have a few, but no biggie either way.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

We have not. If you try it out let us know...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you guys tried them out with an AR chambered in 5.45?  Just wondering cuz I have a few, but no biggie either way.

We have not. If you try it out let us know...

Challenge accepted.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:30:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I bought one non-coupled ETS magazine recently just to try out and add to my collection.  It fits in the magwell of my C3 Defense lower well.  I have not been able to shoot with it yet, but when inserted, a round does rattle.  It's not a big deal, but rather an observation.

Magazine collecting is a whole different addiction.  I could have bough several more firearms wit the money I've spent on AR and AK magazines. HAHA

http://i.imgur.com/KMJphAF.jpg

View Quote

What grip is that Poppy?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#27]
GD Type commentary removed..........dpmmn

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Ran my two ETS mags through my Tavor today with flawless results.  These are nice mags and will buy more.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Against doctors orders I hit the range today. Couldn't really go prone with my back problems so I spent the majority of the time reloading the single beater mag and running it through both SBR's. Shooting from 25 yards to 300 with them. The single mag is at about 1700 rounds now and still going strong.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Just got my ETS mags in the mail.  As per usual for me, the package looked like USPS jumped up and down on the box before putting in my mailbox.  No damage to the mags, but the first thing that I had to do was take it out of the box and throw it on the ground.  

I like the feel and look of them.  Taking some vacation days over the holidays, so should be able to run them a fair amount.  I expect nothing short of stellar performance as everyone else has reported.

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm fairly certain the USPS is trying to get in on some destructive testing of ETS mags.  When they they notice the ETS shipping label the box gets tossed across the room.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Oddly enough all of my packages from ETS except maybe one, I think? Have all arrived like that too. With the stickers saying damaged in shipment. Then you pop it open and the magazine boxes are open and flat and everything is just floating around.

No damage to anything that matters though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:20:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
For the record, the original PMag Video back in 2007 (seven years ago- yikes!) was created impromptu in a meeting when we got the first shots of the PMag out of the mold. We asked the engineers how strong the mag was and the answer was exactly that "we need a few weeks of scientific testing to assess the exact strength of the magazine". At that point Drake grabbed the magazine and said he would test it with his truck in the parking lot outside.

The video shot was that exact test, at that exact moment (not a recreation). When I saw the footage (shot with a point a shoot camera) I edited it and threw it up on youtube to share with the group. Little did I know that the run over test would become a feature of online polymer magazine testing going forward.

We did bring the run over test back for the M3 PMag testing videos shown below but ALL of these videos do not show any of our in house testing fixtures and rely on visual impacts that the viewer can relate to.

http://youtu.be/UCFXcOOb4jc?list=UURmRfTjSmzD1FQn3Iwp2fiQ http://youtu.be/x-5kphqX_80?list=PLLLtq9scclwKVYVSGUsrOsprdHo_TKJt7
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was once a member here that would crush magazines in hydraulic press that would record how much force it took to crush the mag.  He claimed he spent over $1000 on this project.  Of course the  manufacturers who's mags easily crushed complained.....

That would without a doubt be the most scientific way to measure the crush resistance. But people love the dramatic effect of running it over with a truck....

For the record, the original PMag Video back in 2007 (seven years ago- yikes!) was created impromptu in a meeting when we got the first shots of the PMag out of the mold. We asked the engineers how strong the mag was and the answer was exactly that "we need a few weeks of scientific testing to assess the exact strength of the magazine". At that point Drake grabbed the magazine and said he would test it with his truck in the parking lot outside.

The video shot was that exact test, at that exact moment (not a recreation). When I saw the footage (shot with a point a shoot camera) I edited it and threw it up on youtube to share with the group. Little did I know that the run over test would become a feature of online polymer magazine testing going forward.

We did bring the run over test back for the M3 PMag testing videos shown below but ALL of these videos do not show any of our in house testing fixtures and rely on visual impacts that the viewer can relate to.

http://youtu.be/UCFXcOOb4jc?list=UURmRfTjSmzD1FQn3Iwp2fiQ http://youtu.be/x-5kphqX_80?list=PLLLtq9scclwKVYVSGUsrOsprdHo_TKJt7
Pretty low class to butt into another manufacturer's thread. Don't you guys get enough attention?

Not to mention the lawsuit. I hope Magpul loses their ass in a counter-suit for frivolous litigation.

I guess Magpul is taking a page from Dick Swan's business practices. Pathetic!

ETS: I just ordered as many of your mags as I could afford right now.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
While we do not comment on specific ongoing legal cases we will say that Magpul respects the fundamentals of IP (intellectual property) under the United States Patent, Trademark and Copyright laws. As such we review every product for prior intellectual property before it is released and document/file our own IP based upon our internal R&D.

In the case of the PMag, this R&D covers over seven years of research and development at substantial expense to us. The geometry of the PMag is considered unique enough to obtain several utility patents that we are required to defend in court to keep them valid. Something we have successfully done four times this year.

All this said we have nothing personal against any company in this regard, to include companies that have taken us to court in the past. It is all part of doing business under current US Patent, Trademark and Copyright Laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Please help support the "little guy's" making the currently best AK mags out there. Seems going to courts to suppress a better product is nothing new ? I bought more today Nov.04 myself. These mags are primo !

Just my 2 cents.

While we do not comment on specific ongoing legal cases we will say that Magpul respects the fundamentals of IP (intellectual property) under the United States Patent, Trademark and Copyright laws. As such we review every product for prior intellectual property before it is released and document/file our own IP based upon our internal R&D.

In the case of the PMag, this R&D covers over seven years of research and development at substantial expense to us. The geometry of the PMag is considered unique enough to obtain several utility patents that we are required to defend in court to keep them valid. Something we have successfully done four times this year.

All this said we have nothing personal against any company in this regard, to include companies that have taken us to court in the past. It is all part of doing business under current US Patent, Trademark and Copyright Laws.
Never a dime from me, never again. BTW your PMAGS split at the spine after 30-40 cycles on loading from a closed bolt.

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#42]
see last post
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#43]
unlock
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 12:10:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
In the spirit of keeping this thread on topic I will post this sweet pic of our mags....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/ETSgroup/11-11-14_zps25043aa3.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the unlock. I have enjoyed this thread and enjoyed shooting all different mags.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 4:27:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Here is a great pic from MIke_P. Also, we have a new accessory coming out for our mags in the next few days, so stay tuned.....
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Mine arrived in the mail today, thanks for the fast shipping.

The inside walls of the mags are VERY smooth like glass, which will aid in function. I'll report back after some use.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Not sure if there was a question in here that I was supposed to answer??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here is a great pic from MIke_P. Also, we have a new accessory coming out for our mags in the next few days, so stay tuned.....

Not sure if there was a question in here that I was supposed to answer??

I think he just wanted to say my name! lol
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top