User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I fired 110 rounds through a pair of ETS mags this morning. These mags belong to a friend and had used them previously, how much is hard telling but they looked well broke in and were dirty from use.

No issues in my Colt MT6700, they ran like a top.  Its time to give away my lone pmag and buy a few ETS mags. Magpul can choke on legal fees for all I care, they wouldnt be where they are without copying designs already present.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty low class to butt into another manufacturer's thread. Don't you guys get enough attention?  

Not to mention the lawsuit. I hope Magpul loses their ass in a counter-suit for frivolous litigation.

I guess Magpul is taking a page from Dick Swan's business practices. Pathetic!

ETS: I just ordered as many of your mags as I could afford right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was once a member here that would crush magazines in hydraulic press that would record how much force it took to crush the mag.  He claimed he spent over $1000 on this project.  Of course the  manufacturers who's mags easily crushed complained.....

That would without a doubt be the most scientific way to measure the crush resistance. But people love the dramatic effect of running it over with a truck....

For the record, the original PMag Video back in 2007 (seven years ago- yikes!) was created impromptu in a meeting when we got the first shots of the PMag out of the mold. We asked the engineers how strong the mag was and the answer was exactly that "we need a few weeks of scientific testing to assess the exact strength of the magazine". At that point Drake grabbed the magazine and said he would test it with his truck in the parking lot outside.

The video shot was that exact test, at that exact moment (not a recreation). When I saw the footage (shot with a point a shoot camera) I edited it and threw it up on youtube to share with the group. Little did I know that the run over test would become a feature of online polymer magazine testing going forward.

We did bring the run over test back for the M3 PMag testing videos shown below but ALL of these videos do not show any of our in house testing fixtures and rely on visual impacts that the viewer can relate to.

http://youtu.be/UCFXcOOb4jc?list=UURmRfTjSmzD1FQn3Iwp2fiQ http://youtu.be/x-5kphqX_80?list=PLLLtq9scclwKVYVSGUsrOsprdHo_TKJt7
Pretty low class to butt into another manufacturer's thread. Don't you guys get enough attention?  

Not to mention the lawsuit. I hope Magpul loses their ass in a counter-suit for frivolous litigation.

I guess Magpul is taking a page from Dick Swan's business practices. Pathetic!

ETS: I just ordered as many of your mags as I could afford right now.

When I said something my comment was removed, and it was far more tame than this one!  I agree wholeheartedly.  Obviously I got an account warning and everybody else is getting by.  Nice this site still protects it's paying vendors.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
GD Type commentary removed..........dpmmn  
View Quote

You're letting the other comments fly, do the right thing and put mine back.  You can also reverse my "account warning"
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You're letting the other comments fly, do the right thing and put mine back.  You can also reverse my "account warning"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD Type commentary removed..........dpmmn  

I learned long ago that the this place has double standards. I have not been a member for years for that reason, either. So with that in mind I will GLADLY join ya in the penalty box-

FUCK MAGPUL
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Thread can not stay on topic
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top