Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's my test/review that I alluded to earlier....

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's my test/review that I alluded to earlier....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs3XT6S5GbI
View Quote

Nice review. You pointed out the rounds feed on the opposite side like it did. It was a little trippy when I looked at a fully loaded mag. Overall I am super happy with them and will use them more.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Any discount codes?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Well thanks for becoming an industry partner on the site. Your mag's look real interesting and I was looking for an alternative to the Lancer mag's as I saw the mag test that was done by one of the other members here and I saw where the lancer feed lips did in fact rust pretty good. I also like the fact that you have joined and have been sharing your information about your mag's with the rest if us and that you are answering questions that others have asked. I will be looking getting some of these and trying them when I get home next month due to that I will getting two AR's put together and then I have to hi the range and do some zeroing of irons and optics.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Why are Lancer L5AWMs not included in the drop test comparison?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Next time I see a deal with free shipping I might have to get 1-2 to beat up.

Its hard to believe they are stronger...but I might aswell have fun seeing for myself.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#12]
i may have missed it but would there happen to be any options for different capacities? i would like to have some 40s or larger for my HD pistol im finishing up
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No, at this time we have 30 round models. We also make some 10 and 15 round pinned models for those states. Guys in cap limited states really love the coupler on the pinned mags.

But having 2-30 round mags hanging on the gun is pretty nice...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i may have missed it but would there happen to be any options for different capacities? i would like to have some 40s or larger for my HD pistol im finishing up

No, at this time we have 30 round models. We also make some 10 and 15 round pinned models for those states. Guys in cap limited states really love the coupler on the pinned mags.

But having 2-30 round mags hanging on the gun is pretty nice...

thanks ill have to look into these, i know a local store sells them but i was looking for a gasblock so i didn't really pay much attention to them,
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I forgot to ask in my other post but are you guys thinking about or doing some in the smoked color or you just going to stay with the clear mag's? I was looking at your website last night and was thinking they would look good with the smoke color to them. Also I might have over looked it but these will fit in any of the mag pouches out there correct?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

These mags are actually smoke colored. They are a tad bit on the lighter side, but they look lighter in the pictures than they are in real life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I forgot to ask in my other post but are you guys thinking about or doing some in the smoked color or you just going to stay with the clear mag's? I was looking at your website last night and was thinking they would look good with the smoke color to them. Also I might have over looked it but these will fit in any of the mag pouches out there correct?

These mags are actually smoke colored. They are a tad bit on the lighter side, but they look lighter in the pictures than they are in real life.

Ok thanks yeah they looked light and on the clear side but the internet sucks over here also so pictures don't really look like they should. These will work with the different mag pouches to correct?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's a good question that I will try to answer as best I can...

The non-coupled mag should fit in most pouches, pretty much the same as other poly mags. The coupled mags are a bit wider and will not fit in some pouches. For example, if your pouches are a tight fit on a GI mag there is no way the coupled mag will fit.

We have tried several different pouches. A lot of the newer pouches on the market are slightly larger for poly mags and will fit the coupler mag no problem. I have also used several that are made for 2 mags and they are even large enough to fit 2 of our mags coupled.

Bottom line, it just really depends. There are so many different pouches out there and since they are all made differently there is no easy way to answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok thanks yeah they looked light and on the clear side but the internet sucks over here also so pictures don't really look like they should. These will work with the different mag pouches to correct?

That's a good question that I will try to answer as best I can...

The non-coupled mag should fit in most pouches, pretty much the same as other poly mags. The coupled mags are a bit wider and will not fit in some pouches. For example, if your pouches are a tight fit on a GI mag there is no way the coupled mag will fit.

We have tried several different pouches. A lot of the newer pouches on the market are slightly larger for poly mags and will fit the coupler mag no problem. I have also used several that are made for 2 mags and they are even large enough to fit 2 of our mags coupled.

Bottom line, it just really depends. There are so many different pouches out there and since they are all made differently there is no easy way to answer.

Ok thanks for the info. I will be running HSGI Tacos and wanted to  make sure the single mag's fit with out any problems along with the USGI issued mag pouches.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I have been using these with my hsgi tacos and they work great. I have a match coming up and all I am going to use are these mags. I will leave my Pmags in the car.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have been using these with my hsgi tacos and they work great. I have a match coming up and all I am going to use are these mags. I will leave my Pmags in the car.
View Quote

Ok thanks let me know how it goes with the mag's and the match you are shooting.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#24]
OK.....you win, I just ordered 2 coupler mags.

I have went away from Magpuls in favor of Lancers. Maybe they will be replaced as well.

Thanks for the 20% off!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Received my mags in just a couple days...missed the cheap shipping by a day Oh well, it was still reasonable.

I haven't did any live fire, etc......but, first impressions of the mags:

1. They drop free and lock up solid
2. Feel very solid, no flex.
3. They load well with a Lula......this is a must.
4. Dust covers lock up nicely and stay put for the little that I have played with them.
5. Love the way they did the mold to attach them to one another. I have played with the idea if sticking two mags together, but I change my mind so often, that I end up taking them apart. That has always been done with a separate device to couple the mags. With this concept and no spare part to take screws out of, etc....I can have my cake and....you know.

If I can pick on something, there are 2 things that I would change. Very small potatoes:

1. The back portion of the mag is shiny and perfectly clear. It may be like this on purpose. I would change that to be "matte" like the rest of the mag surfaces.
2. The silver bullet on the bottom that is actually the lock plate to release the base......looks a little "cheesy" in my opinion.

Again, the positives FAR out weight the negs.

Nice product!
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:26:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I posted in their new product thread but figured I'd follow up here as well.

Placed my order last week (Friday I believe?). Went out same day and arrived yesterday. Picked up a few with coupler and a single non. The box was pretty smashed, but everything was fine. (Thanks USPS)

My girlfriends 6 year old son is a gun nut, so I did the right thing and immediately gave them to him straight from the package. Didn't remove the covers or anything, and told him to figure them out.

WIthin 20 seconds he was able to put them together to couple them. Taking them apart I had to show him how they worked. After 1 time seeing it he was able to replicate it. ETS magazines are so easy to operate, a 6 year old can do it.

Now with that said, I'm extremely tempted to give him one and tell him to do whatever he can to try and break it. You guys know kids, they will find a way to break anything.

Would suck to break something I just paid for, warranty or not, but I'm very curious. However if you guys want it to happen I'm willing to do it. We'll see the demand. (If i do, should I give him the coupler mags or stand alone?)
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Go one better and give him 2 that are coupled together.

I plan to get out soon and run them a bit. I like the concept a lot.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Go one better and give him 2 that are coupled together.

I plan to get out soon and run them a bit. I like the concept a lot.
View Quote

Hell, I'm willing to do it.

He especially loved the bullet button on the bottom to take them apart. So I'm sure he'd LOVE to mess with them some more.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's funny how rough kids can be. I a friend of mine over at the house and his 6 year old son was playing with one of the mags. He told his son to put it down. I said don't worry about it. My friend then said "you don't know how destructive my son can be." haha

I told him if a 6 year old can break our mag playing with it, we have a real problem...  
View Quote

Excellent! Then the experiment will happen. I'll give him a mag or two tonight and see where it goes. If he breaks them I'll let you know and update the thread, lol. Hope he doesn't I'd like to use them this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I looked around the web site and didn't see where the capacity-limited versions were?

Do you guys modify these for ban states or is that being done by someone else?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Ok, will check back.
Looks like a nice mag, going to try some regular ones for when playing out of state and wait for the pinned ones for keeping at home.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#39]
The 6 year old has broken the magazine. Sorta.

Did exactly what I said, gave it to him, told him to do what he could to break it. So he first tried to hit it on his hand or break it in half. (lol) Then he said, "Wait a minute. I know!" and he ran outside and started throwing it on the drive way.

About the 6th drop plastic came flying out. The bottom of the magazine now slides off freely and does not lock on the "bullet button."

Also the top of the magazine is a little deformed from the impact. (Picture 2) It no longer fit in the mag well of my Larue Predatar. Well, I take that back, it fit after a bit of forcing and smacking it. So it's just not the perfect fit but is still usable assuming you hold everything in place on the bottom.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hey Mike,

Well, I'm glad he didn't "break break" it.

In the last year of testing I have seen almost every kind of thing with these mags. I actually have one on my desk that has the same break on the floor insert piece. After several drops I have seen that break before, although rare, it can happen. Here is a picture of the one on my desk...

Even though that small part on the back broke off, it will still hold the floor plate on like it did before. When you slide the floor plate on, wiggle the bullet button with your finger and it will "pop" into it's locked position. So your mag should still function 100%. You have been a great sport so I would like to send you a new mag for this one, you keep this mag and use it because it's still got a ton of life left in it.

Also, for that front rib that deformed, I have also seen that before after several drops. I wanted to keep drop testing the same mags, so I would "shave" that front deformed part a bit so it would still drop free from the lower. It's really easy to do with a razor knife, or a file.

I have several mags here that I have had to shave, but they continue to function perfectly after being dropped over 20 times. We haven't damaged a mag from drop testing yet that rendered it unable to functional.

Either way Mike, thanks for testing out the mag and if you don't mind, let me know that you got that bottom button to lock. Also let me know if you shave it and it drops free again.

If you will private message me your first and last name I will get a new mag on the way to you.

Thanks again.
View Quote

You are correct, I was able to take a knife and inch the bullet forward and lock. So good to go. I'll get to work on the rib and see what I can do too. The plan is to get to the range tomorrow. If everything goes to plan I'll load this mag up in an SBR and blast away as much as possible!

These are some AWESOME mags so far. Quite resilient.

I'll shoot you in a PM in a few. I'm having fun playing with them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Thanks Mike, Sounds Good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Mike,

Well, I'm glad he didn't "break break" it.

In the last year of testing I have seen almost every kind of thing with these mags. I actually have one on my desk that has the same break on the floor insert piece. After several drops I have seen that break before, although rare, it can happen. Here is a picture of the one on my desk...

Even though that small part on the back broke off, it will still hold the floor plate on like it did before. When you slide the floor plate on, wiggle the bullet button with your finger and it will "pop" into it's locked position. So your mag should still function 100%. You have been a great sport so I would like to send you a new mag for this one, you keep this mag and use it because it's still got a ton of life left in it.

Also, for that front rib that deformed, I have also seen that before after several drops. I wanted to keep drop testing the same mags, so I would "shave" that front deformed part a bit so it would still drop free from the lower. It's really easy to do with a razor knife, or a file.

I have several mags here that I have had to shave, but they continue to function perfectly after being dropped over 20 times. We haven't damaged a mag from drop testing yet that rendered it unable to functional.

Either way Mike, thanks for testing out the mag and if you don't mind, let me know that you got that bottom button to lock. Also let me know if you shave it and it drops free again.

If you will private message me your first and last name I will get a new mag on the way to you.

Thanks again.

You are correct, I was able to take a knife and inch the bullet forward and lock. So good to go. I'll get to work on the rib and see what I can do too. The plan is to get to the range tomorrow. If everything goes to plan I'll load this mag up in an SBR and blast away as much as possible!

These are some AWESOME mags so far. Quite resilient.

I'll shoot you in a PM in a few. I'm having fun playing with them.

Thanks Mike, Sounds Good.

This is a Tier 1 company right there!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#44]
As a follow up to my previous post. I'm going to continue to beat up on the mag that I gave my gf's 6 year old. Put about 500 rounds through it and it's still going strong despite its damage. I'll continue to use it and update the thread as well as possibly continue to let the kid beat up on it too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#48]
I hit the range again today. Put another ~400 rounds through the Same ETS which was previously beaten up on by the 6 year old and had 500 rounds last week. Tried through both one of my SBR's and my Larue Predatar. Still perfect. Not a single failure and easy to clean. Anything on the follower simply wipes off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#49]
My pinned 10-rounders showed up. Very happy with them. Well done.

Many thanks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top