Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2014 8:42:24 PM EDT
Well I have shot about 1000 rounds through one of these Brownells 20's (they came with the CS springs) and the spring gave out on me already, not holding open on the last round so I replaced both springs with standard usgi SS springs and they function much better now. I never really trusted the Brownells black CS springs.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:24:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Anybody else have any problems.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#2]
By the nature of the steel, the cs should last longer than stainless. That was the point of it. Give up corrossion resistance for increased longevity. I have both, and have some cs 20s in my range bag that have more rounds through them than that are working fine. Id say its a fluke, you fixed it, move on. In the big picture Brownells mags are gtg.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
oh i agree the mags are one of the best and i will continue to buy. it was just a bad spring.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top