Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2014 2:57:49 PM EDT
Saw 2 of these at an off-the-beaten path gun shop today.  Owner said he thought they were 120 round but wasn't sure.  Sounds about right from what I remember.

Standard Chinese wind up type.

I remember these back when they were $25 but have no idea if they are any good or not.  Any of you old timers have any input on these?  Not cheap but I haven't seen these in 20 years.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:00:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I remember. Sadly I was to poor to ever own those or the SKS drum before the ban.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:50:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought several back in the day but they were $59 each buying 4 or more or $79 for a single. Those were FFL wholesale prices.

There were many types of 7.62x39 drums that were fairly cheap but the 120rnd 223 AR mag was never "cheap" in price.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:58:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Still not cheap at $350,  I can get it a bit cheaper though if I am serious.  I am looking into it more on the collectors line - but only if they have some good reviews.

I don't want a $300 junk accessory.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:00:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow those are getting crazy in price. What is the benefit compared to a Beta Mag (other than the material)?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow those are getting crazy in price. What is the benefit compared to a Beta Mag (other than the material)?
View Quote

The Chinese drums actually work reliably. The downside is that they're heavy as a small car fully loaded.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Chinese drums actually work reliably. The downside is that they're heavy as a small car fully loaded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is correct - did several full drum dumps through a Sendra M16 - ran flawlessly. also was easy to load when you do it right.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool.  I might have to pick one up just for the novelty.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, there are indeed heavy and awkward to wield. But - 120 rounds of boolits. That's like 4 Pmags glued together end-to-end!

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess I need to dig in my storage. I have a couple of cases of them NIB some where.
I will put them in EE if I decide to sell some of them.

Ron
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

They run like champs and you can leave them loaded with the spring unwound for ever or as long as you like.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#11]
The benefit is they are cool and they work
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top