Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/16/2014 7:40:27 AM EDT
http://www.hendonpub.com/tactical_response/articles/2013/0102/field_test_comparison_30_round_magazines

I apologize if this has been listed already but this apparently was a test of various mags by law enforcement/tac teams.

Clearly, pmag is the winner.....but it is nice to see several side by side....
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered a Hera H3 mag to try out.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:22:20 AM EDT
[#2]
...give us reviews when you get it.....
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#3]
The comments of "flimsy" and "noisy" on the D&H mags were my first impressions as well. I've not shot out of mine yet, but when I picked the box of 20 up off the porch, I could plainly hear the springs bouncing around inside. When I took them out of the box, they did feel cheap (at $6.99ea, they are), and kinda flimsy.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:19:08 AM EDT
[#4]
What was the sample size?

Fortier thought the Lancer was "flimsy"  on first impression but it turned out to be the only magazine he couldn't break.

This test didn't involve running any magazines over with a large vehicle therefore it is INVALID
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The comments of "flimsy" and "noisy" on the D&H mags were my first impressions as well. I've not shot out of mine yet, but when I picked the box of 20 up off the porch, I could plainly hear the springs bouncing around inside. When I took them out of the box, they did feel cheap (at $6.99ea, they are), and kinda flimsy.
View Quote

I'll agree that D&H mags are noisy when empty, but disagree about them feeling flimsy. I honestly thought they seemed as sturdy or even sturdier when compared to the other aluminum mags I've had(Brownells, CMMG, C Products). Funny how opinions can differ so much about the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah no issue at all with D&H mags.  If you hit the side of an empty PMAG and D&H GI they are both going to rattle.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top