Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2014 3:42:35 PM EDT
Do these fit 5.56 and 308 PMAGS? Depending on weapon system, I want to be able to keep the same kit if possible. If they don't fit both, what one's will? Thanks.

ETA: If someone has a Taco, can try to fit a 20 round .308 PMAG and see if it fits?

ETA: Found this great video should someone have any questions, hope this helps the next person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CMKj8QVsYu8
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they will fit both 5.56 and 7.62 PMAGs. You can tighten / loosen the shock cord if needed.

TACOs are excellent 'universal' pouches. http://www.ocabj.net/i-like-tacos-hsgi-taco-magazine-pouch-review/
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 12:15:41 AM EDT
[#2]
ocabj,
Thanks for the info, from what I have seen it looks like you are speaking from experience, I can appreciate that. I have heard a lot of good things about the taco's as well.  Do you know if there is a way to add a over the top style of retention to this, similar or the same cord material that the standard retention is made out of? The closest that I can come up with is this from CONDOR.

I will be running a three tier kit as usual:
Lower= side arm w/light, mags for it maybe a dump (maybe, I don't usually run one) and small misc pouches (will figure this one as I go), knife (folder)
Upper= primary weapon mags (6), knife (med. fixed blade), radio pouch, blow out kit (of sort), water supply (2 or 3 liters max, depending on mission), admin pouch, compass, multi tool, flashlight, x-tra medium pouch (for b.s. that may come up)
Pack= back up supplies (mission dictates)

Things like glow sticks and such will be in pack and or pockets along with small blow out kit. I like to keep to the minimum and stream line as well.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I run tacos and I can't see that you'll need retention straps those mags aren't going anywhere once there in there.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know of any "over the top" retention for TACO pouches. As stated, you shouldn't need it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#5]
like others have said, you dont really need them.. but if you want em anyway:  http://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/bungee-replacement-kit-91BU.html
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info. I ended up finding those late last night, just haven't got back here in time.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe tactical tailor sells the sewed tabs and bungee cord kit that would allow you to mod a taco with retention. Although not necessary as you can really crank em down.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top