Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2014 3:50:48 PM EDT
I have 2 of these suckers that I acquired, circa 1995.  One fits decently in my Anderson lower, one not so well.  It can be forced and is obviously one of the rejects that got mixed in with the good.  As it is, it looks like it's just out of tolerance.  I'm thinking about trying to sand it down to make it fit, as a last resort magazine.  I was wondering if anyone else tried to rehab a reject Cooper or just cannibalize it for parts.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:35:57 AM EDT
[#1]
During the ban years it might have been worth a level of effort to try and rehab that mag, but that is not the case anymore. Gut it for spare parts and chuck the body in the trash/recycle bin.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
During the ban years it might have been worth a level of effort to try and rehab that mag, but that is not the case anymore. Gut it for spare parts and chuck the body in the trash/recycle bin.
View Quote

This +1

A questionable magazine will f'k you when you need it the most. Cut your losses, or at least mark these mags with a big X so they are never expected to be depended on. Way back, I'd keep a problematic mag for range use- then during qualifications one screwed me.

Mags can be had cheap- they should be quality from the start.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:04:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or sell to someone in MA
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:47:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Or sell to someone in MA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or sell to someone in MA

That's dirty, yo.  Those guys may need them not too far from now.  I guess I'll just use the body in a prop Star Wars gun I was looking to build.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top