Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2014 11:59:58 PM EDT
So I've recently got the MK2 the day it came out and I figured I'd write a review between the three.  
My determining factors will be :
looks
1.Ergonomics
2.Durability
3.Function

Here are the photos:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkcSKQoCUAAuar_.jpg:large

Bravo Company USA MK2
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkcSONQCIAA_L45.jpg:large

MK2 follower Which is patented designed make for high quality BCG's
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkcSWTwCQAA2Rcn.jpg:large

Magpul PMAG Gen 2 follower
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkcSnwjCYAAOjmD.jpg:large

ProMag COL-A18 follower
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkcScvaCAAASetE.jpg:large

So from first look and feel the bravo company is a tiny bit heavier but looks so much better and is make from Nylon 12 vs every other polymer mag being made from N6...which makes it much more durable.  The serrated front and rear of the MK20 makes it so much easier to grip.  The other two are good mags but the only thing about the bravo company mag is that its designed to feed all BCG variants perfectly.

The New Bravo Company MK2 Info:
The TangoDown ARC™ MK2 magazine upper body features an advanced blend of N12 polymer. N12 exhibits superior strength & impact resistance when compared to common nylon 6 used in other commercial polymer magazines. It takes tough abuse in stride, with no cracked spines or feed lips…even when dropped loaded on hard surfaces or seated with excessive force. N12 maintains this tensile strength and impact edge in temperatures ranging from -30 to +140 F, proven in multiple independent test lab reports against other polymer and metal magazines.

N12 is also superior to nylon 6 as it’s dimensionally stable when exposed to moisture, meaning the magazine will not swell over time. Combined with the 2 piece/straight wall design, ARC™ magazines always fall free from the weapon with 100% reliability, guaranteed. Magazines can be fully loaded and store indefinitely with no feed lip spreading issues. N12 costs up to eight times more than nylon 6, but what would you rather trust your life to?

Because of the tensile strength of N12 polymer, the ARC™ magazine can utilize the USGI pattern bolt catch cut instead of a ’V’ cut with no spine cracking. The ‘V’ cut helps magazines with lower grade material survive...somewhat. But that creates bolt catch issues in some weapon systems. The USGI design allows ARC™ magazines to properly fit AR/M4 rifles & carbines as well as the SCAR 5.56 rifle, with no magazine modifications necessary to prevent expensive weapon damage. The smaller upper body can be created in a more efficient mold cycle, which means more feed lip and spine strength over one-piece body designs.

TangoDown permanently fuses the upper and lower magazine bodies together with high-strength aerospace-grade adhesives. The same stuff that holds fighter jets together. Cleaning becomes a snap, with no disassembly. Any debris that enters the magazine easily shakes out. Shooting the weapon suppressed? Even caked-on carbon washes out with a quick soak in hot, soapy water. Rinse and you’re done. Magazine maintenance has never been so fast or easy.

The tough, positive last-round lock back anti-tilt follower is slotted to allow any debris in the magazine to be shaken out. The follower is molded in high-visibility polymer and is driven by a premium quality, corrosion-proof 17-7 stainless steel spring that lasts beyond the life of the magazine body. Over 1300 loading/firing cycles have been recorded on a single magazine (that’s over 39,000 rounds of ammunition!)

The ARC™ MK2 lower body has a proven internal constant-radius track for smooth cartridge delivery. Low friction polymer also aids the malfunction-free performance. External ribbing on front and rear body edges enable a positive grip when performing weapon reloads. Deep waffle style recesses on the magazine sides not only allow quick, non-slip withdrawal from magazine pouches but add considerable strength as well.

An integral ramp molded in the lower body automatically changes the follower attitude when loaded to capacity. This ensures the first 5 cartridges fired from the magazine are just as reliably fed as the last 5. This important feature was engineered and pioneered by TangoDown, but copied by others.

The ARC™ Magazine eliminated the traditional magazine floor plate to create a 5 sided box. This makes ARC™ one of the strongest, toughest magazines you can buy. It also means no floor plates to fail when dropped fully-loaded on concrete, or fighting tangled magazines inside your pouches during speed reloads.

GET YOURS NOW!
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 2:25:32 AM EDT
[#1]
BCM mags? Did tango down make these exclusively for them?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 2:26:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Mag Review: PMAG Gen 2, ProMag, and the new Bravo Company MK2
So I've recently got the MK2 the day it came out and I figured I'd write a review between the three.  
looks
1.Ergonomics
2.Durability
3.Function

Here are the photos:

Bravo Company USA MK2

ProMag COL-A18 follower

So from first look and feel the bravo company is a tiny bit heavier but looks so much better and is make from Nylon 12 vs every other polymer mag being made from N6...which makes it much more durable.  The serrated front and rear of the MK20 makes it so much easier to grip.  The other two are good mags but the only thing about the bravo company mag is that its designed to feed all BCG variants perfectly.

The TangoDown ARC™ MK2 magazine upper body features an advanced blend of N12 polymer. N12 exhibits superior strength & impact resistance when compared to common nylon 6 used in other commercial polymer magazines. It takes tough abuse in stride, with no cracked spines or feed lips…even when dropped loaded on hard surfaces or seated with excessive force. N12 maintains this tensile strength and impact edge in temperatures ranging from -30 to +140 F, proven in multiple independent test lab reports against other polymer and metal magazines.

N12 is also superior to nylon 6 as it’s dimensionally stable when exposed to moisture, meaning the magazine will not swell over time. Combined with the 2 piece/straight wall design, ARC™ magazines always fall free from the weapon with 100% reliability, guaranteed. Magazines can be fully loaded and store indefinitely with no feed lip spreading issues. N12 costs up to eight times more than nylon 6, but what would you rather trust your life to?

Because of the tensile strength of N12 polymer, the ARC™ magazine can utilize the USGI pattern bolt catch cut instead of a ’V’ cut with no spine cracking. The ‘V’ cut helps magazines with lower grade material survive...somewhat. But that creates bolt catch issues in some weapon systems. The USGI design allows ARC™ magazines to properly fit AR/M4 rifles & carbines as well as the SCAR 5.56 rifle, with no magazine modifications necessary to prevent expensive weapon damage. The smaller upper body can be created in a more efficient mold cycle, which means more feed lip and spine strength over one-piece body designs.

TangoDown permanently fuses the upper and lower magazine bodies together with high-strength aerospace-grade adhesives. The same stuff that holds fighter jets together. Cleaning becomes a snap, with no disassembly. Any debris that enters the magazine easily shakes out. Shooting the weapon suppressed? Even caked-on carbon washes out with a quick soak in hot, soapy water. Rinse and you’re done. Magazine maintenance has never been so fast or easy.

The tough, positive last-round lock back anti-tilt follower is slotted to allow any debris in the magazine to be shaken out. The follower is molded in high-visibility polymer and is driven by a premium quality, corrosion-proof 17-7 stainless steel spring that lasts beyond the life of the magazine body. Over 1300 loading/firing cycles have been recorded on a single magazine (that’s over 39,000 rounds of ammunition!)

The ARC™ MK2 lower body has a proven internal constant-radius track for smooth cartridge delivery. Low friction polymer also aids the malfunction-free performance. External ribbing on front and rear body edges enable a positive grip when performing weapon reloads. Deep waffle style recesses on the magazine sides not only allow quick, non-slip withdrawal from magazine pouches but add considerable strength as well.

An integral ramp molded in the lower body automatically changes the follower attitude when loaded to capacity. This ensures the first 5 cartridges fired from the magazine are just as reliably fed as the last 5. This important feature was engineered and pioneered by TangoDown, but copied by others.

The ARC™ Magazine eliminated the traditional magazine floor plate to create a 5 sided box. This makes ARC™ one of the strongest, toughest magazines you can buy. It also means no floor plates to fail when dropped fully-loaded on concrete, or fighting tangled magazines inside your pouches during speed reloads.

GET YOURS NOW!
View Quote

Nice ad........errrr, I mean nice "review", where you only talk about one of the three magazines, and never even bother to attempt to do any comparing or contrasting of ergonomics (WTF?), durability or fuction, despite what you wrote your post was going to be about. Not one bit of actual reviewing between the three mags....at all.

And it's very easy to tell the part you copied and pasted, versus the part you actually tried to write (the first two paragraphs). One part is well written and easy to read, the other (the first two paragraphs).....isn't.

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:22:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice copy and paste OP.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:43:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nice ad........errrr, I mean nice "review", where you only talk about one of the three magazines, and never even bother to attempt to do any comparing or contrasting of ergonomics (WTF?), durability or fuction, despite what you wrote your post was going to be about. Not one bit of actual reviewing between the three mags....at all.

And it's very easy to tell the part you copied and pasted, versus the part you actually tried to write (the first two paragraphs). One part is well written and easy to read, the other (the first two paragraphs).....isn't.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mag Review: PMAG Gen 2, ProMag, and the new Bravo Company MK2
looks
1.Ergonomics
2.Durability
3.Function

Here are the photos:

Bravo Company USA MK2

ProMag COL-A18 follower

GET YOURS NOW!

He must work for BCM. I thought he'd at least say the pro mag sucks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 4:28:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:19:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Some people just don't feel any shame.

I doubt it's anyone from the manufacturer, it just reads like some kid got bored with his Lego and thought he'd make a post on here.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:40:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Not interested. I have dozens of P Mags, a box of Thermelts, ammo cans full of stainless, steel and aluminum 10, 20 and 30 rounders but always find myself going for the standard old 20 round aluminum mags when going to shoot. They always seem to slip right on in with zero effort and haven't failed me yet.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:05:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Somehow it's hard to trust a review that ends in "GET YOURS NOW!"

Sounds like a commercial.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Those look EXACTLY like Tango Down Magazines

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Whats the point Lancer AWM's are the best mags out there for around $14 each, can be had on sale for $10 each.  Then you also have the long trusted Pmag for $9 each.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Whats the point Lancer AWM's are the best mags out there for around $14 each, can be had on sale for $10 each.  Then you also have the long trusted Pmag for $9 each.
View Quote

Aren't the TSD magazines the same as Lancers?
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#13]
As I stated in an earlier post my BMC mags would not seat in my Lancer lower.  Works great in all my other lowers, just not the Lancer.  For me a mag has to work in ALL my lowers.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#14]
NOT a review! This is as blatant of an ad I've seen focusing on one brand
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I was simply giving everyone a heads up about one the newest and in my opinion best mags on the market.  Really you all must be the bored ones to spend that amount of time trying to troll me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#16]
For some reason, the TD/MK2 followers remind me of 87GN's followers for 5.45 mags.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was simply giving everyone a heads up about one the newest and in my opinion best mags on the market.  Really you all must be the bored ones to spend that amount of time trying to troll me.
View Quote

You did a bench "review" for a magazine without even firing it or loading rounds into it. Didn't even try it in a weapon.

What did you expect?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

For some reason, the TD/MK2 followers remind me of 87GN's followers for 5.45 mags.
View Quote
Yes, I believe 87GN was getting those from a guy at TangoDown and they were a fix for the troublesome C Products 5.45 mags. Then the two parties had a falling out and those special followers are now a collectors item.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Is this a joke? April fool's was a week ago
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If, in your "review" you indicate
looks
1.Ergonomics
2.Durability
3.Function

be prepared to back up your findings, not just a cut and paste of the manufacturers product advertisement.  Also, have the correct info on the product.  These mags are TangoDown ARC MK2 mags that are sold by BCM, among other vendors.  They came out about two years ago.  If testing ergonomics, durability and function, tell us how the mags worked under live fire conditions.  Test fit them in a variety of rifles.  If your going to include photos, work on doing better ones.  Even if using a cell phone, okay images can be done if you have good lighting, proper focus and decent composition.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#21]

I did a video on the TangoDown mags back during the scare.   They were solid then and they've been solid since FWIW.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Still waiting on reviews
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Still waiting on reviews
View Quote

Mic check?  1, 2, 3…..  Is this thing on?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:33:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#26]
looks
1.Ergonomics
2.Durability
3.Function

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO where is the review between the three?  You just make an ad for the MK2 mag.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Beating a dead horse, he tucked tail & ran.

Hasn't logged in since 4/7.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top