BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I think mags and ammo will be targeted even before AR's, by the next President. All it will take is another Newtown.
Hilary was there for the first ban, and she will try to get another passed. Buy what you can when you can.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:37:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looking back I wish I would have used some of the money that I used to buy mags and used it towards even more ammo...which is what I've been concentrating on buying this last couple of years.
View Quote

I have more magazines than ammo.  That is, if I were to use all my ammo to fill magazines, I'd still have empty magazines.

While I just ordered a few Lancer mags today, I'm always on the lookout for ammo deals as well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Right now I'm trying to stock Pmags and USGIs with Magpul followers
View Quote

I try to get a nice even mix of this....
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have more magazines than ammo.  That is, if I were to use all my ammo to fill magazines, I'd still have empty magazines.

While I just ordered a few Lancer mags today, I'm always on the lookout for ammo deals as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking back I wish I would have used some of the money that I used to buy mags and used it towards even more ammo...which is what I've been concentrating on buying this last couple of years.

That's a good position to be in so long as you have a lot of magazines!
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We have evidence of USGI magazines working just fine 50 years later.  That's all I need to know.
View Quote

Me too.  Although I've bought quite a few Magpuls for future resale.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Palmetto has pmags on sale for 25% off, coupon code "pmag". Ammunition Depot has Sabre / D&H Tactical Mil Spec aluminum mags with USGI green follower for $6.27.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Gen 3 PMAGS w/ window for $12.90?

10 on the way, THANKS!
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Palmetto has pmags on sale for 25% off, coupon code "pmag". Ammunition Depot has Sabre / D&H Tactical Mil Spec aluminum mags with USGI green follower for $6.27.
View Quote

Thanks for the link. I picked up a "few" of the D&H mags...hopefully they work well, I've never tried them before.

Years from now we are all going to wish we bought a whole hell of a lot more mags for only $6.22!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:...Thanks for the link. I picked up a "few" of the D&H mags...hopefully they work well, I've never tried them before.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:...Thanks for the link. I picked up a "few" of the D&H mags...hopefully they work well, I've never tried them before.

I'm a huge fan of D&H. Not so much a fan of the green followers though (from any mfr). I buy D&H with magpul followers personally

Quoted:...Years from now we are all going to wish we bought a whole hell of a lot more mags for only $6.22!!

When the '94 ban came around I thought that very thing, and I certainly wasn't the only one. Only had one AR at the time, with probably 8-10 magazines; and at the time we had no way of knowing that the ban would indeed sunset in '04. For all we knew, it was permanent and that 8-10 would be all I could ever get other than thru the dept, possibly forever. I don't expect the next ban to sunset, and have acted accordingly.

Remembering that last year, magazines were often running upwards of $75 apiece, and can now be had for the price of a McDonald's combo meal, seems like a no-brainer to stock up now if a person hasn't yet.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 7:00:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Help me here.....there are magpul mags with the DSG patch.....are they any different than regular pmags?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Help me here.....there are magpul mags with the DSG patch.....are they any different than regular pmags?
View Quote

It's a sew on patch, nothing to do with the mags.  Just a little bonus for ordering.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#14]
It does not say whether it is m2 or m3....I guess I should call....
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It does not say whether it is m2 or m3....I guess I should call....
View Quote

They are standard Gen 2 (MOE) Pmags without the dust cover.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I used to buy  mags 100 at a time from BCM. Thought I would never buy another ar mag in my life time. That was till they came along with 40 end PMags. Now I buy those 10 at a time when I can find them @ $17.00 each
View Quote
They are $14.25 each at Palmetto State Armory with coupon code PMAG.

Some of you guys need more mags:

Link Posted: 6/23/2014 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#18]
ARFCOM costs me money again...
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Anybody seen any cheap 20 rd mags?  Looking for the straight side ones like colt or Brownells.

Link Posted: 6/23/2014 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anybody seen any cheap 20 rd mags?  Looking for the straight side ones like colt or Brownells.

View Quote

http://www.buffertech.com/M16-20-round-magazines-new-P151.aspx
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
To trust your life? Pmags
View Quote

GI's have trusted their lives with USB I mags for over 50 years.

Are you saying they are not reliable or are you just rapping off opinion that lacks any credibility ?
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 6:29:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for all of the links.  Unfortunately.......Not For Sale in CA.  Bummer.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top