BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2014 4:59:23 PM EDT
LANCER LAUNCHES NEW L7AWM
- 7.62x51mm Magazine to Debut at SHOT Show 2014 -

Allentown, PA - January 7, 2014 - Lancer Systems LP, a leading advanced weapons and components manufacturer, today announced the launch of the new L7AWM, an advanced hybrid magazine that combines the strength of steel with the toughness of polymer to form a lightweight, reliable 7.62x51mm magazine.

The Lancer L7AWM incorporates a unique, dual steel design that wraps completely around the magazine to maximize stiffness and feeding reliability while minimizing wear and dimpling to the front of the magazine that can result from high volume firing. The magazine body is made from impact resistant polymer and, like the L5AWM, is available with either a translucent or opaque body.

The magazine also contains a switchable drain located on the floor plate lock. This feature, in conjunction with drain channels in the floor plate, allows users to configure the L7 between water-borne and extreme dust conditions.

The magazine is designed to work in multiple weapon systems, including the SR25, SIG716, DPMS 308 and LM308. It is currently available in 5,10 and 20-round capacities with higher capacity versions planned for late 2014.

“We’ve found that innovation doesn’t just happen; it takes knowledge, technology and passion," said Scott Vilardi, business area manager, Advanced Weapons & Components, Lancer. "Our engineers, technicians and scientists are the best in the industry, allowing us to continue to raise the bar as is evident in the design of the L7AWM. The L7AWM represents state-of-the-art design in weapon component technology.”

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on a few of these.  It looks like they really did their homework.  They have addressed every weakness of other polymer mags by using steel feed lips, mag catch slot, and running a strip of steel down the inside front of the mag.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow. I was expecting just a bigger version of the AWM, but this is like the next evolution of the poly/steel hybrid mag. I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 12:31:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Good gosh the price on those things
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#7]
we need an M14/AR10 magazine!
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Finally

I asked them if they had plans to make this back at the NRA show in May and they said it would be soon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I got to handle one of these today. It was heavier than a .308 PMAG but had less flex in the sides. It wiIl be SR25 pattern.

The Lancer rep said they would retail for $20
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Who sells them?

H
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who sells them?

H
View Quote

Tactical Gear Distributors and Acusport have pre-orders placed. Won't be available until April.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Its April now! Any news?
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#13]
guess not  
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#14]
MSRP $40-$50 I may wait until prices come down a bit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
MSRP $40-$50 I may wait until prices come down a bit.
View Quote

Well waiting is easy when they're non-existent.  Nothing in the firearms industry seems to be released on time anymore.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#16]
They might have been delayed with the introduction of the Ruger SR-762 and the DPMS GII.  Hopefully Lancer is taking a bit more time to make sure the mags are compatible with these new platforms.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They might have been delayed with the introduction of the Ruger SR-762 and the DPMS GII.  Hopefully Lancer is taking a bit more time to make sure the mags are compatible with these new platforms.
View Quote

Don't you think it makes more sense for these vendors to be compatible with the SR-25 standard?  

Half question, half bump.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Don't you think it makes more sense for these vendors to be compatible with the SR-25 standard?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my thoughts exactly
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Any word on price?        

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#20]
I emailed Lancer and they told me the mags should now be available mid to late June.

Standing by...
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 2:38:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Dont look now but you can preorder them on lancers website.  $50 for clear 20 rounder and $50 for smoke 20 rounder and 55 for translucent black. $45 for solid black.  Now returning to our regularly scheduled program.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Dont look now but you can preorder them on lancers website.  $50 for clear 20 rounder and $50 for smoke 20 rounder and 55 for translucent black. $45 for solid black.  Now returning to our regularly scheduled program.
View Quote
I think they're going to have a hard time moving product at those prices.

If they were $25 each they would be a lot easier to sell.

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks.  Heading that way.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 4:58:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link please. I seen them on Lancers main site but not the store area or an area for pre-order. Unless ofcourse they just put it up a day or so ago.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 5:06:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Link please. I seen them on Lancers main site but not the store area or an area for pre-order. Unless ofcourse they just put it up a day or so ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

EDIT:  Disregard I found them. Looks like they just put them on there being I last visited a few days ago and never seen them. Damn though the price!!! Well at least there not $80 bucks a pop like HK MR762 mags are. LOL
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's insane if they stick to that price. I won't be interested anymore.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 8:49:09 AM EDT
[#27]
They're billing credit cards on order.  Just an FYI for those interested.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 1:57:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Why pre-order from lancer and pay full retail?...

I have seen them 'pre-listed' on several websites. I should hope they are less. As-is they are more than double (near triple) the cost of a PMAG LR/SR.
https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/mag-lancer-l7awm-7-62-20rd-trans-clr-85813.html
http://www.primaryarms.com/Lancer-Systems-L7AWM-7-62NATO-20-Round-Trans-p/l7-20-clr.htm
http://www.tacticallink.com/Lancer-L7AWM-20-Round-Translucent-Smoke-Magazine.html#
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Why pre-order from Lancer?

1.  Probably get them before the ditributors do.

2.  They'll all sell at full retail for awhile.

3.  I only bought four of them and a couple bucks more each (worst case) is a small price to pay to get them early.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 10:38:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

3.  I only bought four of them and a couple bucks more each (worst case) is a small price to pay to get them early.
View Quote

1. Probably, not certain. They have promises to distributors too, and they are behind already.

2. Also not certain. Exile Machine is listed $13 per mag cheaper. Could be a non-sense # however considering all of the 'retail' prices I have heard for these before release/pre-order. (plus I live in PA and would get a 6% sales tax added, but I guess I would get them even sooner).

3. If it is $13 that would be $52 more on those 4 mags. I am not personally in any rush to toss $50 a piece on these mags (I have plenty of steel ones that work fine, and I know the COAL they can take), especially just to get them early, if you value getting them 'early' that much I suppose that is your prerogative. FYI, those "couple bucks" even with current products are not a "couple bucks". I just bought a few 20 and 30 round translucent mags from Exile (hence knowing about L7AWM listing). They are both under $15 each from Exile. Buy them from Lancer, they are $23-$24 each.

I love Lancer L5AWM mags, and these cost 3 times as much (and completely sticker shocked me like others). I will sit back and see where they go, in both price and testing, so I suppose I should thank you for picking some up early
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll probably pick up a couple to see what they offer over KAC/Magpul, but I was surprised at the $55 MSRP on the Translucent mags.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

1. Probably, not certain. They have promises to distributors too, and they are behind already.

2. Also not certain. Exile Machine is listed $13 per mag cheaper. Could be a non-sense # however considering all of the 'retail' prices I have heard for these before release/pre-order. (plus I live in PA and would get a 6% sales tax added, but I guess I would get them even sooner).

3. If it is $13 that would be $52 more on those 4 mags. I am not personally in any rush to toss $50 a piece on these mags (I have plenty of steel ones that work fine, and I know the COAL they can take), especially just to get them early, if you value getting them 'early' that much I suppose that is your prerogative. FYI, those "couple bucks" even with current products are not a "couple bucks". I just bought a few 20 and 30 round translucent mags from Exile (hence knowing about L7AWM listing). They are both under $15 each from Exile. Buy them from Lancer, they are $23-$24 each.

I love Lancer L5AWM mags, and these cost 3 times as much (and completely sticker shocked me like others). I will sit back and see where they go, in both price and testing, so I suppose I should thank you for picking some up early
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me share a data point that supports those that suggested a pre-order from Lancer was foolish.  You're right.  

I ordered 4 7.62 mags and while I was on the site I added a 10 rd clear L5 as I knew it would come in handy.  First, they charged my credit card for the full amount on order.  Not super pleased but not upset.  Second, I get home last night to see they shipped the L5 mag, billing me over 43 dollars -- the shipping was as much as the magazine price.  I think it does make more sense to just wait and see what the distribution channel price turns out to be.  I can understand Lancer holding at full retail as to not undercut their distro but their shipping and handling charges are eye watering.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Let me share a data point that supports those that suggested a pre-order from Lancer was foolish.  You're right.  

I ordered 4 7.62 mags and while I was on the site I added a 10 rd clear L5 as I knew it would come in handy.  First, they charged my credit card for the full amount on order.  Not super pleased but not upset.  Second, I get home last night to see they shipped the L5 mag, billing me over 43 dollars -- the shipping was as much as the magazine price.  I think it does make more sense to just wait and see what the distribution channel price turns out to be.  I can understand Lancer holding at full retail as to not undercut their distro but their shipping and handling charges are eye watering.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did they ship pony express? That is very salty unless you had them delivered 'next day' service. I would be ringing Lancer otherwise. Hopefully they only charge shipping once like Brownells or something. (and I wouldn't call it foolish, if you wanted them the quickest it seems the most likely route, did not foresee such shipping costs).

FYI I found another site "listing" them in the 30's.
https://2afirearmsdealer.com/mag-lancer-l7awm-762-10rd-trans-clr.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#34]

I did call them.  They reduced the shipping (just Fedex Ground) from $21 to $6 and change.  I canceled the remainder of the order.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Anyone hear anything about these mags recently?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#36]
20 and 10 round mags are shipping to OEMs and big distributors as of yesterday. In limited quantities as production ramps up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I picked up a 20rd smoke translucent yesterday.  I'm hoping to try it in a couple different rifles this weekend.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I tested out the new Lancer in a DPMS GII Recon, a Ruger SR762 and a SIG 716.

I fired ten rounds through each rifle by singly loading the mag to test bolt lock. All three rifles locked open without issues.

I then fired twenty rounds through each rifle by loading the mag to capacity. All sixty rounds fed fine.

Ammo used was ZQ1 from Wal-Mart.

So we appear to have a reliable and high quality magazine that seems to work fine in these three platforms for those who might be looking for a Gen3 PMAG alternative. On the down side, the Lancer is expensive. And it can't be had in a 25rd variety.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I picked up a 20rd smoke translucent yesterday.  I'm hoping to try it in a couple different rifles this weekend.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tokarev/media/SIG%20716/PSX_20141001_153153_zpsa9ede2b2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/SIG%20716/PSX_20141001_153153_zpsa9ede2b2.jpg</a>
View Quote

Details on that rail?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top