Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2012 11:03:15 AM EDT
I'm seeing some ads in the EE for 10 mags shipped for $100 "new in wrap, tan follower, 30rd USGI mags made by Center Industries", which seems like a good buy but not many buyers are biting.   Is there something I am missing?  I've read up and down the mag threads and forums and have found nothing bad about these mags so far, even did a few open searches on the interwebs and nothing turned up there either.  From what I have read, Center Industries is the 3rd generation of Adventureline (Adventureline ––> Parsons––> Center Industries), so I would like to believe that they are the typical USGI standard mags.

Comments???
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been buying lots of 5 or 10 when I can from the EE for the past 6 months or so. Some are green followers, some were well used with Magpul followers. Have 10 or so with the Tan. All drop free from my Sun Devil lower and PSA lower. No complaints here. All feed well regardless of well used to new condition. No feeding issues with any of the followers. I try to find about $8 new shipped, and $5-$6 used shipped. Lately though almost all the EE ads have been pre-bans which thankfully I don't have to worry about.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I've heard (heard not actually checked out and seriously looked into) there is a chance some of the CI mags with tan followers are actually stolen mags...like I said though, just heard.

I had a 10 pack of DSG shipped out to me for $98. All new (mine all have Feb of 2012 for the manufacture stamps) with Magpul followers. I like them but they did not come individually wrapped (eventually most of them will end up being Duracoated anyway so the finish isn't really that important to me). I know they also have OD and DT for a bit more as well versus straight black.

Link Posted: 4/2/2012 6:27:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Out of the 19 Center mags I have two will not drop free.  I got them new in the wrap about three month ago.  Other than that they work fine but nothing special.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a 10 pack with the tan followers and they are fine. The seem on the weld is rough so I sanded it up a bit but they work.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Good mags but on another board I scored some new Brownells mags for $6.50 each plus shipping . There are a lot of mags in that price point . a lot of market saturation if you will.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 10 I purchased NIW,  Most will not drop free from 4 different rifles.   Range mags I guess.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#7]
The spring is different on the new tan follower mags, as long as  you are not going to switch over the the magpul followers there is no issue.  Otherwise they are the new USGI mags.  I've used some, no different than any of the other USGI mags I've had.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The spring is different on the new tan follower mags, as long as  you are not going to switch over the the magpul followers there is no issue.  Otherwise they are the new USGI mags.  I've used some, no different than any of the other USGI mags I've had.

Nope.  This either will be loaded and packed away, or kept empty and packed away.  If and when I ever wear them out I hope there will be replacement springs and followers for them available.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got a 10 pack with the tan followers and they are fine. The seem on the weld is rough so I sanded it up a bit but they work.

The seem on the back strap was a bit sharp on the ones I received.  I just folded up a small piece of emery paper and went over the edge length wise 4-5 times and took off the edge real easy.  Otherwise these mags are very nice!  I have another shipment of 10 mags for $100 on the way.    I just may order another 10 once those arrive.  

Ya never know when 100's of "walkers" just may decide to come to the neighborhood.  Currently, I have more ammo than mags.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#10]
The only reason they are "sitting" on the EE is that 6 months ago, you could get 20 for $140 shipped.  Now 10 for $100 isn't a terrible price, but I think most people are chasing ammo right now.  Just a guess.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Since I've had some time to inspect and test out my recent purchases, I figured I'd give some feedback on the new 30rd USGI mags made by Center Industries.

Again, these are "new in wrap" magazines made in 3/10 w/ the manufacturer code of 6P119 bought right here on the EE-

First observation- the edges are a bit sharper than what I am used to on the well worn/well used USGI mags I've owned over the years, but like I mentioned above it is nothing a few swipes with a small piece of emery paper cant solve.  The 6 welds on the back strap are nice and uniform, ditto for the 6 welds on the front. The back strap also has 3 "crimp" holes where it appears the internal fold had 3 holes and the external fold was crimped in to place over top.  The front strap has 3 of these crimps as well.

Second observation- the finish is thick.  Again, this could be because these mags are as new as it gets.  However, when comparing mags of old against these with the naked eye it does appear as if the finish is indeed thicker.  They still fall free from my Colt MT6700 with no issues, which leads me to #3-

Third: the mags fit tight in to the mag well of my Colt with little or no play.  Needless to say they still fall free when the mag released is pressed.  

Fourth: The "tan/orange" follower and new spring is obviously an improvement over both the green and black followers.  I'm not going to debate the "if it isnt broke dont fix it" crowd, and the black and green followers probably worked just fine, but there is no doubt that the new followers narrow the gap to absolute perfection (no such thing, really).  The true anti-tilt follower and the improved spring is impressive.  

I will be keeping my eyes open for more deals on these mags.  I'm impressed.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top