Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2011 7:19:27 PM EDT
Went by one of the local surplus shops in Anchorage, AK today and was just browsing around looking for stuff to go in my BOB and spotted some Colt 20-Round AR-15/M-16 magazines.  In Alaska, these magazines normally go for around $20-25 each, especially if they are in very good condition as these are. These looked to be in extraordinarily nice shape.  The followers in particular were like NEW. The finish looked to be at about 90-95%.  Absolutely no rust and/or corrosion. The kicker is, I scored them for $5 each.  Lower 48 pricing is probably about right, but that's a great deal for Alaska. With this purchase, it brings my magazine count up to 291 magazines.  I really don't need that many, but I do have 8 completed AR's and 1 AR lower waiting on a new upper. So what do you think, good deal or not?

The AR-15 Family:
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
That is an awesome deal for Colt 20-rounders!
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Really sweet score. I occasionally score a few like new 20 round mags in the Ft. Bragg area.
Link Posted: 10/27/2011 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Great deal. I hope you bought all they had.
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought all that he had set out.  Went back in in Friday and asked if they had any more.  The kid running the shop brings out a 7 pack box of COLT 20-Rounder that looked to be brand new old stock.  I asked him how much and the price was now $15 each. I told him I only paid $5 each the previous weekend.  He said that" whoever sold them at that price was wrong"..  Ya think!!  Anyway the price now stands at $15 each.  Maybe I'll wait and go back when the original clerk is back. Then I might be able to score again. If not, well, I did make out on the ones I did buy!!
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#5]
THose are NEW old stock mags. Good score.
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bought all that he had set out.  Went back in in Friday and asked if they had any more.  The kid running the shop brings out a 7 pack box of COLT 20-Rounder that looked to be brand new old stock.  I asked him how much and the price was now $15 each. I told him I only paid $5 each the previous weekend.  He said that" whoever sold them at that price was wrong"..  Ya think!!  Anyway the price now stands at $15 each.  Maybe I'll wait and go back when the original clerk is back. Then I might be able to score again. If not, well, I did make out on the ones I did buy!!

Even at 15.00 a mag its a good deal if you can get the complete 7 mag box with packaging.
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even at 15.00 a mag its a good deal if you can get the complete 7 mag box with packaging.

Bought the other 7 with Box packaging.  No markings on the box, looks like someone peeled of the lable.  Unfortunately the seller wouldn'g budge on the price.  I paid him the $15 each.

I'm happy though.  They are in BRAND NEW condition.  Will post some addtional pics if anyone wants to see them.

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top