Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/5/2011 7:37:54 AM EDT
Ok here is what everyone has been wanting to know. C Products doors are closed so I will tell you the whole story. I am not going to answer questions, what you are going to read is what it is.

When C Products started we had a coater and we signed an exclusive contract with him to coat our magazines. Why we did that I am not going to get into but we did it without legal counsel. When Bushmaster asked us [they were our largest customer] to change from moly to teflon we went to our exclusive coater to produce it. If you were involved with the "group buy" for teflon magazines you know how bad they were. He never could get it right. We needed a supplier and found one for teflon coating and the original coater sued us for breach of contract and in a Connecticut court won the case [details I will not discuss]. We tried for almost a year to work out an agreement and never could. In January he executed the judgement and for all intent and purposes put C Products out of business. He has 2 robotic cells he took as part of the judgement and is trying to start a magazine business. You guys can be the judge of how well he is doing. I was offered by him to be a major distributor and that never materialized. Surprise, surprise!
Also I want to be perfectly clear, C Products was NOT sold. It has closed its doors. Out of business.
Further for the record, Chad and I have the same last name, he is my son. We never had a business before in this industry etc. etc, so all of the rumors are just that. As far as being thrown out of the company I am 50% owner and always have been no matter what my partner may have told the guys on the 6.8 forum or anyone else. Fact is the information given to individuals on that forum and others was total bullshit. I have NEVER charged a credit card and not shipped product. That you need to take up with my ex-partner. That's his style.
LCJ Wholesale LLC has product www.lcjwholesalestore.com and will continue to build their product line. The final chapter will be written next month.

Larry
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#1]
So it sounds like there is no reserve fund for C Products warranty.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear man! I never had any issues with your products. Hate to hear things like this.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 7:47:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why we did that I am not going to get into but we did it without legal counsel.

Doh!
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#6]
You might want to change the title bar of your new website. It still says C Products LLC .
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So what's the company name that we should avoid?

AMMOSC.

Chad
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
sued us for breach of contract and in a Connecticut court won the case [details I will not discuss].

Not a whole lot here.

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/CaseDetail/PublicCaseDetail.aspx?DocketNo=HHBCV085010327S

Link Posted: 5/5/2011 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what's the company name that we should avoid?

AMMOSC.

Chad

He done jacked up the prices some, too.

Sorry to hear what happened to you guys. It's a damn shame.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Sorry to hear man! I never had any issues with your products. Hate to hear things like this.

same here

good luck to you.

Link Posted: 5/5/2011 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#11]
That certainly clears up a lot.

I'm really glad this could be cleared up - these last few threads had finally convinced me you guys were shady. I apologize for that, and am very, very glad I was wrong.

I look forward to doing business with the new company.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That makes 2 of us.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I cant wit for LCJ to rise like the Phoenix from the ashes. Likewise I can't wiat for the "comes around" to find the other parties involved in this clusterf@^&.
From a happy customer point of view I also hope that LCJ Wholesale LLC finds a place in the new company for the likes of Sarah!
I wish Larry and Chad the best of luck and fortune with LCJ Wholesale LLC! They have always took care of me when I had any problems, and I love the mags that I have.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Not trying to be a smart ass here, but, If place an order from LCJ Wholesale and the item says in stock, is it safe to order?
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 10:19:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Looking forward to the "final chapter."

Yeah the coatings sucked.  Glad y'all can finally dump the guy even though you have to leave behind the company to do it.

FYI when you go to the LCJ website the tab still says cproductsllc
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Wait... if he took your production equipment, is your store full of inventory you produced before January?  Did he not take all the equipment?  Are you going to get back into the manufacturing side?

I know you said you couldn't answer questions.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Larry and Chad. As always you have my support and I wish you nothing but the best of luck.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#18]
That sucks. Hope you guys can make a come back.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#19]
best of luck Larry, i have bought many of your mags and they have always worked 100%
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Guess I missed the drama cause I have no idea what any of this means, or know nay of the back story, other then I have no more warranty on my mags?
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the update, Larry and Chad have always been very responsive on this site, best of luck going forward.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Rats, that sucks. I hope you guys bounce back soon and as soon as you do, I will be ordering more products!
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone order from that website?  Just wondering if it's legit...
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#26]
That's bullshit.

I look forward to the day you start a new magazine company.

Larry and Chad, Thank You for your help with everything.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So it sounds like there is no reserve fund for C Products warranty.

I believe I read on another post they will be handled once they get up to speed.  I could be full of shit but I have no reason to doubt folks who have done me right in the past.  Now let's get those 30 round 7.62x39 mags rolling again.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I would buy again without fear. I've had an issue with just one of my many Cproduct mags and Chad made it better than right. Whatever the name as long as the same people (Larry and Chad) are running it I'm a customer. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Larry, you guys should move to Nashville, buy the old Sabre factory and set up shop. Let me come work there too.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Larry,

Thanks for letting everyone know what has been going on with the mess

I look forward to talking to you again soon

dpmmn

+1 dpmmn

Thanks Larry for letting everyone know.  Too bad it had to happen, but I knew once you were able to give everyone else some inkling of what was really going on, then all those negative comments would pretty much be silenced.  As a former small business owner, I KNOW what's its like to be sued as a result of a really bad partner.

I can't wait for your venture around the next corner!  Looking forward to stockpiling up on CP-2 products!

Link Posted: 5/5/2011 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I own several C Products stainless steel mags and they have been great.  Hope you guys make more!!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for your efforts Larry.

I was glad we had a source for 5.45 and 7.63x39 mags in a good variety. All my CP mags have worked very well and we miss having you guys around.

Hope it all works out for you folks. Get all this stuff behind you and Good Luck in the future.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Wow, you have food too. No Country Captain Chicken?
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 6:18:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Guys, thanks for the kind words. These last couple months have not been fun for Larry or myself and we have taken a lot of heat and it really means a lot so thank you again. As for the future, CP will be back and better than ever, its just a matter of time.

PS. If anyone has any questions about what is in stock or when something will be in stock concerning LCJ Wholesale feel free to call us at 941-776-8192 or send me an email at [email protected] and we will be glad to help.

Chad
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks guys.  I look forward to doing business with you in the future.
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Would love to know how that went down.did you get an offset for their screwed up work?
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Thanks. I look forward to doing business with you guys always!!!

Larry

Link Posted: 5/7/2011 2:18:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Chad & Larry, I just recently got on the "plastic mag bandwagon" up until then, ALL of my AR mags were CProducts mags.  My shooting partner used exclusively your mags until recently.  I'm not trying to compare the two types of mags, its the 'ol apples-to-oranges comparison.  But, I have been following this saga, and I'm still a huge fan of your products.  I hope the best for your business, and even though I have plenty of mags, I plan on buying more of your mags, if for no other reason than I want to help you guys succeed.  

Thanks for your commitment to the industry.
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 5:29:47 AM EDT
[#39]
I 'm glad the story is finally out!
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Good to hear you guys are going to be coming back to the industry I hope you still will be making 10rd 7.62x39 mags for us new yorkers I have a few and never had a problem with them
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Me too.
Your mags are the only metal mags I own for my AR. They all work great.

I remember a thread a while back where you guys sent a bunch of mags to an arfcommer's sister when she was issued defective mags. That was awesome! You are good people.
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#42]

I look forward to ordering a bunch more of the 30 rd 7.62x39 mags.
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I 'm glad the story is finally out!

Link Posted: 5/7/2011 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Good luck to you Larry and Chad. I look forward to you guys going back into full production.
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Used one of your mags today. It ran fine.
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Good luck guys!  I've got plenty of your mags and love them.  Hope the new company does well.
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#47]
C Products was a huge asset to the community.  Production of non-standard caliber magazines was great to have although I stick with 5.56 myself.

It is a shame that your partner was better at litigation than at doing his job.

We need folks like you back and active in the local economy.  Losing another CT business due to stupid shit like this makes me sick.  Keep fighting the good fight.
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Larry & Chad.

Good luck with your future endeavours.

Sorry it worked out the way it did.

Experience is a hard teachers.

But at least that is one mistake you don't have to make again!

Link Posted: 5/8/2011 6:23:58 AM EDT
[#49]
It's always hard to watch a hard working guy lose his business...

Best of luck, and good wishes to you Larry. As you can see, there's a lot of support for you guys here.

I'm sure you'll land on your feet.
Link Posted: 5/8/2011 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for giving us your side of the story. I'm sorry to hear about you losing your company but sometimes it takes getting kicked in the teeth to allow you to get up and come back stronger. Best of luck!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top