Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2010 12:31:47 AM

Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:
Originally Posted By Buck_Naked:
Something else to consider...
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=281&t=197969

I am definitely interested in these...

wow im drooling as well those are nice, cant wait to see those

also i got my friend to give me a few of his pmags to try out, as i have purchased a lancer, and i prefer the lancers imo but my question now is are the steel feed lips bad for the bolt carrier

Never even seen anything about that .
1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

"I'd motivate that. I'd motivate the hell out of that...... ALL night." -SSG Rhettz
www.shooterslegion.
FrankSL
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/27/2010 8:27:51 AM
[Last Edit: 12/28/2010 2:25:04 PM by FrankSL]
The truck runover test is a parlor trick. I care about a magazine that is going to feed a suppressed DI SBR reliably, and whose feed lips won't shatter if it is dropped. I've found that USGI mags with Magpul followers, some Pmags, Fusils, the newer ARCs, and the newer Lancers run in a suppressed SBR.

LancerSystems
Company Contact
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/28/2010 7:11:01 AM
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:

wow im drooling as well those are nice, cant wait to see those

also i got my friend to give me a few of his pmags to try out, as i have purchased a lancer, and i prefer the lancers imo but my question now is are the steel feed lips bad for the bolt carrier

The bolt carrier should never touch the feed lips, so there shouldn't be an issue running the L5 or L5AWM magazines effecting the bolt carrier
Home of the L5 Translucent Magazine. THE CHOICE IS CLEAR
josepi
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/29/2010 8:45:27 AM
I myself like the pmags, have had no issues at all....My brothers department just went to the pmags also...his guys love them! They abuse the hell out of them trying to break them to see how they hold up, after 6 months, 0 broken mags...he just ordered a fresh batch for the guys to use in the field...
SouthPark
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/29/2010 3:22:18 PM
Lots of discussion here but it boils down to personal preference in my opinion. Magpul has a lot of fans and I am one of them; Lancer has a lot of fans and I am one of them. The new Lancer L5 variation is something I want to check out, as it seems a major upgrade.
SouthPark

Carpe Diem
AR15fan
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/30/2010 10:32:28 PM
Originally Posted By MatthewD:
Anyone know if Lancers fit slightly tighter mag wells? I have two lowers that Pmags of all versions don't drop free in, GI drop free though. Wondering if Lancers might be more likely to drop free.

Yes. The lancers are more likely to drop free than the PMAGs IME.
Nothing in this post should be considered information posted in an official capacity. It is the authors personal opinion alone.
LIONHART
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/5/2011 1:17:19 AM

As am I. Looks like polymer AR magazine perfection has been achieved.

Market_Garden
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/5/2011 10:13:48 AM
Both are quality mags, and I have a bunch of each. Right now my pmags sit in a drawer and I use the Lancers. I love my Lancer L5A mags.
MTguns
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/8/2011 2:40:43 PM
I have not tried the Lancers but intend to.

For me there is one thing the PMAGs can do that the Lancers cannot do.

Neither a wise nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.- Dwight D Eisenhower
LIONHART
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/8/2011 2:46:26 PM
[Last Edit: 1/8/2011 2:46:44 PM by LIONHART]
Originally Posted By MTguns:

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad50/AKsnowHare/DSC_0154-1-1.jpg

What would that be?

MTguns
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/8/2011 3:00:03 PM
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

What would that be?

http://www.lancer-systems.com/Images/L5AWM30.jpg

When those come out I will definitely give the FDE ones a shot but I don't have high hopes. The texture spots will probably give me fits trying to get crisp lines.
Neither a wise nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.- Dwight D Eisenhower
Wobblin-Goblin
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2011 12:00:54 PM
Originally Posted By dpmmn:
Both are Site Industry Partners

so my answer is Both

Company Man, eh?

Pmags are the best mags I've ever used. Never tried Lancers, but I don't care to, either.

Pmags are much quieter than metal mags, too.
GoGo
SolidQuirks Monkey
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2011 1:13:00 PM
[Last Edit: 1/9/2011 1:15:05 PM by GoGo]
Originally Posted By dpmmn:
Both are Site Industry Partners

so my answer is Both

If the only criteria for being a good mag is to support this site- well, I have to give you credit for your candor.

For the record I own both as well- but honestly many more Pmags.

ETA- I wil be tryin some L5 AWN's hopefully soon- and Pmag 40's (holding breath ). And MTguns you do some nice work there.
To err is human, to forgive was not SAC policy.
LRB45
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2011 2:18:07 PM
I pretty much run PMAGs exclusively. Have some GI mags with Magpul followers but hardly ever use them.

Been looking at trying some of the ARC mags and Lancer ones also.

Magpul if they could make a windowed PMAG that the window is about three times larger than the orginal window PMAG would be nice. Haven't used or seen the newer style yet either. The REV M style I think?
LRB45
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2011 3:25:23 PM
[Last Edit: 1/9/2011 3:31:16 PM by LRB45]

Who or where did you find these PMAGs?

ETA If you painted these yourself, what kind of paint did you use?
JoshAston
Sardonic Cynic
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2011 3:35:23 PM

Originally Posted By LRB45:

Who or where did you find these PMAGs?

ETA If you painted these yourself, what kind of paint did you use?
RIT dye

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=484089

All skill is in vain when an angel pisses down the touch hole of your musket
WarLord31
Warlord31
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2011 11:50:23 PM
[Last Edit: 1/9/2011 11:56:33 PM by WarLord31]
I just bought a pair of Lancer L5 mags. After loading them up and trying them out on the range, in my gear bag, in my mag pouches, I have to say they hold up to PMags in both aesthetics, form, and function. BUT WITHOUT some scientific & material properties testing, I can't say who'se is the better mag - but then again, since these have both been around and been tested by 1000's in the industry with great results...

It all comes down to personal preference. BOTH ARE EXCELLENT TOP-OF-THE-LINE POLYMER MAGS, as far as polymer mags go.

I can say however I won't be buying too many more Lancers. Don't get me wrong - I really like them a LOT. But...I have a boatload of genuine US Military Surplus USGI MOLLE II M4 Dual Magazine Pouches, and a boatload of MOLLE I/II gear (LBV vests, MOLLE packs, etc). Standard 30rd aluminum USGI's & PMags fit those US Mil-Surplus dual mag pouches perfectly, with the USGI Aluminum's being the easiest. The Lancers will fit, but the prominent plastic ribbing on the outside of the Lancers make it damn near difficult to insert and slide in, and might more likely rip up any fabric of most any MOLLE mag pouch.

Obviously, "mag-pouch-fit" shouldn't be the criteria for choosing the Lancer vs the PMag or some other polymer mag. But I've already gotta helluva investment in USGI mag pouches and MOLLE gear. So for me, the PMag wins as far as polymer mags go - plus the PMag and USGI's are notably a lot less $$$ than Lancers nowadays.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - - - Go Navy! Go Seabees!
JoshAston
Sardonic Cynic
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2011 12:18:28 AM

Originally Posted By WarLord31:
Obviously, "mag-pouch-fit" shouldn't be the criteria for choosing the Lancer vs the PMag or some other polymer mag. But I've already gotta helluva investment in USGI mag pouches and MOLLE gear. So for me, the PMag wins as far as polymer mags go - plus the PMag and USGI's are notably a lot less $$$ than Lancers nowadays.
Apparently that's one of the primary reasons for the new Lancers that are being released at SHOT.

All skill is in vain when an angel pisses down the touch hole of your musket
sinlessorrow
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2011 1:17:40 AM
Originally Posted By WarLord31:
I just bought a pair of Lancer L5 mags. After loading them up and trying them out on the range, in my gear bag, in my mag pouches, I have to say they hold up to PMags in both aesthetics, form, and function. BUT WITHOUT some scientific & material properties testing, I can't say who'se is the better mag - but then again, since these have both been around and been tested by 1000's in the industry with great results...

It all comes down to personal preference. BOTH ARE EXCELLENT TOP-OF-THE-LINE POLYMER MAGS, as far as polymer mags go.

I can say however I won't be buying too many more Lancers. Don't get me wrong - I really like them a LOT. But...I have a boatload of genuine US Military Surplus USGI MOLLE II M4 Dual Magazine Pouches, and a boatload of MOLLE I/II gear (LBV vests, MOLLE packs, etc). Standard 30rd aluminum USGI's & PMags fit those US Mil-Surplus dual mag pouches perfectly, with the USGI Aluminum's being the easiest. The Lancers will fit, but the prominent plastic ribbing on the outside of the Lancers make it damn near difficult to insert and slide in, and might more likely rip up any fabric of most any MOLLE mag pouch.

did u get the L5's or the L5A's, the L5A's ribbing is not nearly as prominent as the L5's
ar911d
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2011 1:57:11 AM
My vote is for the lancers. For $10, you can't go wrong, rubber floor plate, the whole damn thing is a mag level window, and mine feed 100% reliable. And there is no dust cap to keep track of for long-term storage. They do everything the Pmags will do, but cheaper.
Market_Garden
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2011 11:39:41 AM

Originally Posted By ar911d:
My vote is for the lancers. For $10, you can't go wrong, rubber floor plate, the whole damn thing is a mag level window, and mine feed 100% reliable. And there is no dust cap to keep track of for long-term storage. They do everything the Pmags will do, but cheaper.

Where are you finding Lancer mags for $10?
goodasgone81
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2011 12:21:37 PM
$9.95 Lancer's ....... Click Me!
sinlessorrow
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2011 2:59:55 PM
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:

the L5's are a good price but theyre L5A's are overpriced by like $4
pdimaio
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2011 3:08:31 PM

Originally Posted By goodasgone81:

I end up buying mine from Sportsmans Guide, http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=751865. They end up being $12 each if you buy the three packs, but I've been burned by Botach before so I'll pay the $2 premium in order to actually have something shipped to me.
Evil Often Does Not Know That It Is | A Republic, If you Can Keep It.
darr3239
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2011 2:29:11 AM
Just ordered 5 L5s from Botach, in order to try them out, and was surprised how quickly they arrived in my mailbox. I regularly get catalogs from Sportsman's Guide, but rarely find their prices anywhere near the cheapest, on anything. I'll be at the Shot to see how different the L5As are in person.
Page:  / 4