Link Posted: 12/22/2010 8:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something else to consider...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=281&t=197969

I am definitely interested in these...

wow im drooling as well those are nice, cant wait to see those

also i got my friend to give me a few of his pmags to try out, as i have purchased a lancer, and i prefer the lancers imo but my question now is are the steel feed lips bad for the bolt carrier

Never even seen anything about that .

Link Posted: 12/27/2010 4:27:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The truck runover test is a parlor trick.  I care about a magazine that is going to feed a suppressed DI SBR reliably, and whose feed lips won't shatter if it is dropped.  I've found that USGI mags with Magpul followers, some Pmags, Fusils, the newer ARCs, and the newer Lancers run in a suppressed SBR.

Link Posted: 12/28/2010 3:11:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2010 4:45:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I myself like the pmags, have had no issues at all....My brothers department just went to the pmags also...his guys love them! They abuse the hell out of them trying to break them to see how they hold up, after 6 months, 0 broken mags...he just ordered a fresh batch for the guys to use in the field...
Link Posted: 12/29/2010 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Lots of discussion here but it boils down to personal preference in my opinion.  Magpul has a lot of fans and I am one of them; Lancer has a lot of fans and I am one of them.  The new Lancer L5 variation is something I want to check out, as it seems a major upgrade.
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone know if Lancers fit slightly tighter mag wells? I have two lowers that Pmags of all versions don't drop free in, GI drop free though. Wondering if Lancers might be more likely to drop free.

Yes. The lancers are more likely to drop free than the PMAGs IME.
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Something else to consider...
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=281&t=197969

I am definitely interested in these...

As am I. Looks like polymer AR magazine perfection has been achieved.

Link Posted: 1/5/2011 6:13:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Both are quality mags, and I have a bunch of each. Right now my pmags sit in a drawer and I use the Lancers. I love my Lancer L5A mags.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I have not tried the Lancers but intend to.

For me there is one thing the PMAGs can do that the Lancers cannot do.

Link Posted: 1/8/2011 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad50/AKsnowHare/DSC_0154-1-1.jpg

What would that be?

Link Posted: 1/8/2011 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What would that be?

http://www.lancer-systems.com/Images/L5AWM30.jpg

When those come out I will definitely give the FDE ones a shot but I don't have high hopes.  The texture spots will probably give me fits trying to get crisp lines.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Both are Site Industry Partners

so my answer is Both

Company Man, eh?

Pmags are the best mags I've ever used. Never tried Lancers, but I don't care to, either.

Pmags are much quieter than metal mags, too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Both are Site Industry Partners

so my answer is Both

If the only criteria for being a good mag is to support this site- well, I have to give you credit for your candor.

For the record I own both as well- but honestly many more Pmags.

ETA- I wil be tryin some L5 AWN's hopefully soon- and Pmag 40's (holding breath ).  And MTguns you do some nice work there.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I pretty much run PMAGs exclusively.  Have some GI mags with Magpul followers but hardly ever use them.  

Been looking at trying some of the ARC mags and Lancer ones also.  

Magpul if they could make a windowed PMAG that the window is about three times larger than the orginal window PMAG would be nice.  Haven't used or seen the newer style yet either.  The REV M style I think?
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Who or where did you find these PMAGs?

ETA  If you painted these yourself, what kind of paint did you use?
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who or where did you find these PMAGs?

ETA  If you painted these yourself, what kind of paint did you use?
RIT dye

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=484089

Link Posted: 1/9/2011 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I just bought a pair of Lancer L5 mags. After loading them up and trying them out on the range, in my gear bag, in my mag pouches, I have to say they hold up to PMags in both aesthetics, form, and function. BUT WITHOUT some scientific & material properties testing, I can't say who'se is the better mag - but then again, since these have both been around and been tested by 1000's in the industry with great results...

It all comes down to personal preference.  BOTH ARE EXCELLENT TOP-OF-THE-LINE POLYMER MAGS, as far as polymer mags go.

I can say however I won't be buying too many more Lancers. Don't get me wrong - I really like them a LOT.  But...I have a boatload of genuine US Military Surplus USGI MOLLE II M4 Dual Magazine Pouches, and a boatload of MOLLE I/II gear (LBV vests, MOLLE packs, etc).  Standard 30rd aluminum USGI's & PMags fit those US Mil-Surplus dual mag pouches perfectly, with the USGI Aluminum's being the easiest. The Lancers will fit, but the prominent plastic ribbing on the outside of the Lancers make it damn near difficult to insert and slide in, and might more likely rip up any fabric of most any MOLLE mag pouch.

Obviously, "mag-pouch-fit" shouldn't be the criteria for choosing the Lancer vs the PMag or some other polymer mag. But I've already gotta helluva investment in USGI mag pouches and MOLLE gear.   So for me, the PMag wins as far as polymer mags go - plus the PMag and USGI's are notably a lot less $$$ than Lancers nowadays.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Obviously, "mag-pouch-fit" shouldn't be the criteria for choosing the Lancer vs the PMag or some other polymer mag. But I've already gotta helluva investment in USGI mag pouches and MOLLE gear.   So for me, the PMag wins as far as polymer mags go - plus the PMag and USGI's are notably a lot less $$$ than Lancers nowadays.
Apparently that's one of the primary reasons for the new Lancers that are being released at SHOT.

Link Posted: 1/9/2011 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just bought a pair of Lancer L5 mags. After loading them up and trying them out on the range, in my gear bag, in my mag pouches, I have to say they hold up to PMags in both aesthetics, form, and function. BUT WITHOUT some scientific & material properties testing, I can't say who'se is the better mag - but then again, since these have both been around and been tested by 1000's in the industry with great results...

It all comes down to personal preference.  BOTH ARE EXCELLENT TOP-OF-THE-LINE POLYMER MAGS, as far as polymer mags go.

I can say however I won't be buying too many more Lancers. Don't get me wrong - I really like them a LOT.  But...I have a boatload of genuine US Military Surplus USGI MOLLE II M4 Dual Magazine Pouches, and a boatload of MOLLE I/II gear (LBV vests, MOLLE packs, etc).  Standard 30rd aluminum USGI's & PMags fit those US Mil-Surplus dual mag pouches perfectly, with the USGI Aluminum's being the easiest. The Lancers will fit, but the prominent plastic ribbing on the outside of the Lancers make it damn near difficult to insert and slide in, and might more likely rip up any fabric of most any MOLLE mag pouch.

did u get the L5's or the L5A's, the L5A's ribbing is not nearly as prominent as the L5's
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#20]
My vote is for the lancers. For $10, you can't go wrong, rubber floor plate, the whole damn thing is a mag level window, and mine feed 100% reliable. And there is no dust cap to keep track of for long-term storage. They do everything the Pmags will do, but cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 7:39:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

My vote is for the lancers. For $10, you can't go wrong
, rubber floor plate, the whole damn thing is a mag level window, and mine feed 100% reliable. And there is no dust cap to keep track of for long-term storage. They do everything the Pmags will do, but cheaper.

Where are you finding Lancer mags for $10?

Link Posted: 1/10/2011 8:21:37 AM EDT
[#22]
$9.95 Lancer's ....... Click Me!
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

the L5's are a good price but theyre L5A's are overpriced by like $4
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I end up buying mine from Sportsmans Guide, http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=751865.  They end up being $12 each if you buy the three packs, but I've been burned by Botach before so I'll pay the $2 premium in order to actually have something shipped to me.

Link Posted: 1/10/2011 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Just ordered 5 L5s from Botach, in order to try them out, and was surprised how quickly they arrived in my mailbox. I regularly get catalogs from Sportsman's Guide, but rarely find their prices anywhere near the cheapest, on anything. I'll be at the Shot to see how different the L5As are in person.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#26]
I took 10 PMAGs to war with me in Afghanistan, I left my one and only Lancer at home. I don't regret my choice one bit.
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Just ordered 5 L5s from Botach, in order to try them out, and was surprised how quickly they arrived in my mailbox. I regularly get catalogs from Sportsman's Guide, but rarely find their prices anywhere near the cheapest, on anything. I'll be at the Shot to see how different the L5As are in person.

You're one of the lucky ones.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top