Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2010 6:59:06 PM EDT
I had to fit each one by raising the mag catch notch up .015" and re contouring the feed lips. This was after stripping the "krylon" paint job off with brake cleaner so they would fit in the mag well.

advertised as Stainless Steel. General population sees stainless steel metal as non magnetic and does not rust. otherwise why advertise it as such. Modded a uzi mag and it works much better. plus half the price and a bit less work.

Video click here its an MOV

This is all I am going to say.

Build is a Sun Devil Upper
Quentin Defense Lower
Hahn 702-R2 mag adapter
CMMG Ramped bolt

Yes I understand there are certain types of SS and SS does oxidize but fingerprint brown rust?

Edited: total mag catch slot was widened to a total of .295"  to function.
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#1]
All of the cproducts 9mm mags I have used have had to be fitted also. Feed lips too high and drag really bad beneath my CMMG ramped bolt. I am using a Hahn top load mag block. Switched to metalform mags. Seem to be better out of the box. Never thought about sticking a magnet to one of them. Saw the SS stamped on them and assumed they were stainless.  Stainless or not doesn't matter to me. I just want them to work. Although if they advertise stainless they should be stainless.
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Some SS in magnetic depending upon the make up of the SS.....AND SS can rust if it isn't taken care...all types of steel can oxidize.

I think it sucks that you had to redo everything about the mags...that sucks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
From CProducts website:

http://www.cproductsllc.com/shop/products.php/32-round-9mm-stainless-steel-magazine-for-the-ar-platform-co/cPath,22_37/osCsid,l5da06tuqmapbgi6r0ham4n137

Model:32/9mm
32 round stainless steel 9mm magazine with stainless steel spring, orange follower, black coating.

If purchasing a 9mm magazine for use in a Rock River Rifle, you will need to adjust the magazine block .015-.020 lower to function properly in this platform. >

PLEASE NOTE: C PRODUCTS RETURN POLICY: WE WILL ONLY REPLACE DEFECTIVE MAGAZINES AT NO CHARGE FOR THE LIFE OF THE PRODUCT

It don't get any clearer than that

But mine wasn't in a Rock River Rifle. The lower was a Noveske with a top load Hahn block and a CMMG ramped bolt. There is no way to adjust the height. So, while their disclaimer is very clear, it doesn't really help as to why they didn't work without modification. Sounds like there is a problem with the height the magazines sit at and it doesn't appear to be isolated to Rock River models either.
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 3:42:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top