Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2010 5:03:38 PM EDT
Just wondering if there are any deals going for mulitple Pmag packs? For example 10 for $100 or similar type offerings.
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
N/m found it 10 pack for 119.00 at Rifle Gear
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Careful, Magpul will see and slap them down for MAP violation.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 6:45:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Minimum Advertised Price?
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, what do you mean by "slap them down"?  Yes we do enforce MAP, like many other businesses in this industry, and if a Magpul Dealer/Distributor is violating MAP we'll politely ask them them to abide by the policy.  No reseller to date has ever complained because we have a good relationship with all of our accounts.  Heck, we have a good relationship with most everyone in the firearms business.  

How exactly do you politely tell a business to stop selling a product at a certain price if it is making them money?  Oh, and last time people had orders cancelled after a MAP violation.  Probably not a happy vendor there I'd imagine.

How do you politely ask?  Carrot or stick?

Why is this even in a technical forum?  I thought there was a tacked thread for deals or something.

Link Posted: 2/25/2010 6:17:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Pricing is not all that great, but depending on the vendor sometimes a business letterhead or C&R license (midway, brownels, etc) gets you a dealer wholesale account where MAP does not apply.  I guess they released the old pmags from map when we had the 10/$99 shipped deal.  I stocked up then.  Clear lancers are $12 from some vendors now if you want alternatives.
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 6:26:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the DSG "green" sale is the best deal I've seen since their 10pack deals
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, what do you mean by "slap them down"?  Yes we do enforce MAP, like many other businesses in this industry, and if a Magpul Dealer/Distributor is violating MAP we'll politely ask them them to abide by the policy.  No reseller to date has ever complained because we have a good relationship with all of our accounts.  Heck, we have a good relationship with most everyone in the firearms business.  

How exactly do you politely tell a business to stop selling a product at a certain price if it is making them money?  Oh, and last time people had orders cancelled after a MAP violation.  Probably not a happy vendor there I'd imagine.

Why is this even in a technical forum?  I thought there was a tacked thread for deals or something.

That was me.

According to the owner of the store they were politely reminded of MAP, they cancel all orders and remove pmags from their online store. The guy wouldnt honor the price though, but magpul made up for the situation that occurred, when the damn store wouldnt. A Thanks in order to Mr. Beard

Apparently having an item listed for a price on an online store is considered advertising, whic hthey arent allowed to do (stupid), they need to put a "add to cart to see price" in order to sell beloew MAP.

syyr for the spelling, i cant fix it because windows 7 keeps scrolling up every time i press a key.
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#11]
uh, there was a reputable online dealer not too long ago selling old rev pmags for something like $99 for a 10pack....
i am pretty sure they were trying to get rid of the AR15 glut of magazines that was out there after manufacturers ramped
up after the Obama election... guess what.. it worked, everyone was happy.. i don't see this as a BAD thing...

MAP's piss me off, it's the same shit Sony and most of the gaming console makers do.. resellers aren't allowed to sell
the consoles at less than a certain price, so all the resellers have the same price.. they have to get creative with
bundles that include free or discounted games, controllers, etc. etc.
Link Posted: 3/30/2010 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#12]
MAP = price fixing plain and simple!

Link Posted: 3/31/2010 7:53:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for reviving this dead thread.
Link Posted: 3/31/2010 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw the MAP thing developing in the 90's ( I work in another industry, but same rules etc).   It is the seedy dealers that tend to sell the cheapest because their service is so bad price is the only thing that makes customers return.   This can make a dealer that provide good service, education etc, drop a good product line because he doesn't want to mess with it on a 5% profit margin.  

Good manufactures want the good full service dealers carrying their product so protect the line a little bit.

I might also add that I have observed the folks that complain about MAP pricing preventing them from getting good deals, turn around and also complain about illegal aliens undercutting them in the job market

And from another angle:  dealers are making a couple bucks on each,  But would you buy a case of 100 mags for $10each  if you could make $2 each but it took 90 days to get them all sold?   Can you afford to have that cash tied up for that long?    Oh, wait, you don't like MAP, you can only make 50 cents on each,  but can get it done is 60 days that way.

And for the original question.  Call a few of you favorite dealers and ask for a deal on the phone. One might have an abundance and be glad to sell something today.
Link Posted: 3/31/2010 8:30:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Call a few of you favorite dealers and ask for a deal on the phone.

Exactly.

Last year I upgraded several of my 30 round AR mags with Magpul GenIII followers. A board sponsor gave me a great deal on 200 Magpul followers-all I had to do was ask A few months later I made a bulk purchase of 30 round PMags to donate to a local PD that was hurting for equipment. Once again this dealer took excellent care of me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2010 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Last year I upgraded several of my 30 round AR mags with Magpul GenIII followers. A board sponsor gave me a great deal on 200 Magpul followers-all I had to do was ask A few months later I made a bulk purchase of 30 round PMags to donate to a local PD that was hurting for equipment. Once again this dealer took excellent care of me.

Thank you for your generosity to your local PD.  I am sure they are appreciative of your support.

Link Posted: 4/4/2010 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#17]
MAP pricing is there to protect the manufacturer from a devalued product, and the manufacturers vendors from being undercut by large internet giants who are happy to make fifty cents on a twenty dollar investment.  As a vendor who spends a ton of money on product so the end user can hold it in there hand, I can say that I don't deal with any company that does not enforce their MAP pricing.  Because I sure as hell don't want to be stuck holding say 100 pmags that just got devalued to the extent I'm doing nothing more than getting my money back out of them.  One thing folks need to understand is that Magpul is a business like many others, and business is in this to make money by offering a product or service.  It takes a great deal of time and money to create and market products for the end user.  People need to get off the want something for nothing bus.  One can only blame this on cheap china made crap for to long, and multimillion dollar websites that I won't name, that undercut any vendor such as myself to the point where it isn't worth it.  Manufacturers need to protect the guy on the front line who stands in front of the customer and allows them to finger bang their inventory and do the Q&A all day.
Link Posted: 4/4/2010 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#18]
how did they make up for it because my order was cancealed and magpul did not help me out
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was me.

According to the owner of the store they were politely reminded of MAP, they cancel all orders and remove pmags from their online store. The guy wouldnt honor the price though, but magpul made up for the situation that occurred, when the damn store wouldnt. A Thanks in order to Mr. Beard

Apparently having an item listed for a price on an online store is considered advertising, whic hthey arent allowed to do (stupid), they need to put a "add to cart to see price" in order to sell beloew MAP.

syyr for the spelling, i cant fix it because windows 7 keeps scrolling up every time i press a key.

Link Posted: 4/5/2010 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/5/2010 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
how did they make up for it because my order was cancealed and magpul did not help me out

The fault lies solely with the retailer.

Link Posted: 4/5/2010 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Interested to see what the hubbub was all about, I read (skimmed through) the 5 pages. I personally don't have a problem with paying $14 and some change for regular PMAGS, especially when they have free shipping from online stores such as AIM.
I noticed that Magpul does a lot of special customer service things too, like hooking up that disgruntled customer in the thread with a few mags,  replacing defective PMAGs with zero questions asked and so on. So I wonder if they could/would do any special programs for us ARFCOM folks?  

Say like a USGI mag trade up event for PMAGS? Or an end of the year event of some sort?

I dunno, maybe I'm just thinking out loud...through my finger-tips that is
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Back to the original question, if someone knows of a current deal please pm me! I'm looking for 10-20 rev m in various colors, a bulk deal would be great.
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Back to the original question, if someone knows of a current deal please pm me! I'm looking for 10-20 rev m in various colors, a bulk deal would be great.

FYI- "Bulk" usually infers a case.

If you're mil/leo or have a state sales tax ID you can qualify for the Brownells "dealer" prices.
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FYI- "Bulk" usually infers a case.

If you're mil/leo or have a state sales tax ID you can qualify for the Brownells "dealer" prices.

ahh, gotcha, well I would consider getting a case if it could be had for the right price to a civvy.
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Thank you for your generosity to your local PD.  I am sure they are appreciative of your support.

Yep. That has to be appreciated by the Officers.
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#26]
oh well i got 10 from dsg at 100 bucks free shipping then some of the new rev m ones but i would realy like 10 or 20 more
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you've got a bit of time the entire five page thread can be found here.
Be sure to read my post about halfway down on page three...

Link Posted: 4/8/2010 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
oh well i got 10 from dsg at 100 bucks free shipping then some of the new rev m ones but i would realy like 10 or 20 more
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you've got a bit of time the entire five page thread can be found here.
Be sure to read my post about halfway down on page three...

Check out THIS thread
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top