Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/4/2010 6:58:34 PM EDT
whats your experience with these mags? they are LE marked and $5 at CDNN!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2010 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Have seen them around over the years............and I have seen them go by different names out of the Wilson NC area...........thermold......is one name they used, if my memory serves me............
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 2:14:10 AM EDT
[#2]
PMAG is all you need to know.
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 5:49:00 AM EDT
[#3]
These are the only mags that would not lock in my colt magwell. I had two and neither one would work. That was in the pre-ban days. I have not tried any since.
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#4]
USGI or Pmags.
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I think teh Wilson, NC Thermolds I ahve are great amgs.  If those are like the thermolds, they should be fine.
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I live a few miles from Wilson NC and Thermolds are not made there anymore.  Someone bought the manufac. equipment and the name and was supposed to be be making mags in S.C.  I bought a couple of the mags from CDNN and they will not fit in my Armalite and are tight in the other 5 AR's.  Don't seem to be the quality of the Mini-14 Thermold mags I have (which were made in WIlson).
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think teh Wilson, NC Thermolds I ahve are great amgs.  If those are like the thermolds, they should be fine.

thermolds suck and spell check doesn't
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

c'mon i cant hardly spell either but we gotta make wi. look better
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 8:37:58 AM EDT
[#9]
My Thermolds work, my typing in the dark doesn't
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I used a 20 rounder for target shooting  and eventually the bolt won't hold open. Not rugged enough for anything but recreation. Pmags are not expensive and 3x as strong
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

thermolds suck and spell check doesn't

Thermolds don't suck as much as your lack of proper capitalization.
Link Posted: 2/9/2010 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I have several Master Molder magazines, purchased in the mid-nineties for perhaps four bucks a piece, and have never had any issues with them.

That being said, I think I have a total of sixty rounds through all of them combined
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top